thyroid disease

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dn560

Reaction score
hey guys i ve reached to a point that ive given up. im not happy, im drowning in my own sorrows im depressed out of my fucken mind. i give up on my thyroid condition i shaved my head im practically bald, ppl make fun of me, since the thyroid condition im brain dead i cant study no more, im tired of disappointing my parents hell im tired of disappointing myself. no doctor is able to help me my heart palpitates throught the day it feels like im dying drs say im fine, i lost all my hair but they say im fine, im depressed but they say im fine all the problems medically i tell them but they say im fine. well im tired and fed up im just gonna lay back and accept defeat what can i do? i tired everything to get well but nothing works. friends saw the change in my appears and walked out my life, its christmas i have no one to hang out in the mall with im stuck at home like the little loser i am. no friends, no life, no hair, no education, no nothing. i just wanna say thanks to everyone that tried to get through to me but im just really sad and angry i give up. i been patient for a very long time absolutely nothing has changed all i did was eat pills and felt even worse there is no way out for me now i got kicked out of college for poor grades, i cant get a job cuz i get sick real easily and well the hell am i supposed to do. im gonna be 21 soon my parents have to babysit me all the time im ******* helpless i hate being a burden cuz its taking a told on them as well, its not easy to watch your mom cry, fresia if i cud change something i would but my body just wont work with me. so what do i do now? sometimes i think about suicide but just never had the balls to do it. also i just want to say thanks to those who tried to help me. im tired of typing the same messed up story but my life has burnt down into the ground.

There has to be a reason why it's still happening. What did blood tests say about your thyroid hormone levels?

Therapon said:
There has to be a reason why it's still happening. What did blood tests say about your thyroid hormone levels?

idk the reason drs say my blood levels are normal. I got so fed up I stopped taking the pill and my level after 7months still remained normal. the only change I saw was that I lost the weight I gained and I only gained about 4 pounds. every symptom is still present.

EveWasFramed said:
Err....can you get a second opinion?
I suggest heading straight to an endocrinologist.

I did see an endocrinologist and she said I don't need the pill, I explained all my symptoms to her but she said I was fine.
I joined a place called medhelp to get some advice but im sick of having to kiss their asses for a reply.

What thyroid disease do you have Dn ?

You said the drs said bloods are normal, but you were taking pills and you stopped taking then because you were fed up, but the endo said you don't need the pill ?

rcal said:
What thyroid disease do you have Dn ?

You said the drs said bloods are normal, but you were taking pills and you stopped taking then because you were fed up, but the endo said you don't need the pill ?

i have hypothyroidism, about 3 months after i started taking the pill my levels were normal and remained normal but i felt really sick on the pill so i just gave up and stopped taking it about 7 months ago after i was hospitalized for bad palpitations. mr dr told me to take the pill but the endo who i saw about 4 months ago told me that even tho i stoppped taking the pill so long ago that my thyroid is functioning normal so i dont need the pill anymore...

What dose were you taking ? what country do you like in ? Did the Dr do other blood tests ?

rcal said:
What dose were you taking ? what country do you like in ? Did the Dr do other blood tests ?

i was taking 50mg of levo on alternate days, i live in trinidad. they did tsh t3 t4 ft3, ferritin, iron, blood count.

It may not help you, but at least you were tested for all thyroid tests.
Would it possible to go back as see if you can have 25mg per day ? You need to take it everyday for weeks to see if it makes a difference.
If not there are vitamin supplements that could help a little.

rcal said:
It may not help you, but at least you were tested for all thyroid tests.
Would it possible to go back as see if you can have 25mg per day ? You need to take it everyday for weeks to see if it makes a difference.
If not there are vitamin supplements that could help a little.

i did try to take it again and ended up getting palpitations thats why they said dont take it anymore cuz my body is making the hormone on its own. ive tried every supplement out there from vitamins to kelp to selenium, green tea, going gluten free, nothing helps...

I`ve been diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was 14, that is 25 years ago. Also, I am a cardiac patient since I was born (I won`t go into the details about disease, complications, evolution, surgery etc.). And here I am.
What I can say is that you have to do the regular checkups at the endocrinologist and test your hormone levels, so the dosage of the hormonal substitute, usually levothyroxin, can be properly adjusted (25-50-100 mg).
Indeed, in some patients the thyroid hormone may increase the heart rate/pulse and give palpitations. This happened to me as well, so my cardiologist prescribed me a beta blocker (i.e. bisoprolol) so that I could continue take my endo and cardio medication effectively, without side effects.
Treatment for hypothyroidism is lifelong, you get used to it, the hormone substitute is efficient and even if at some point the blood tests show normal values, it is not to be interrupted, only dosage reduced. Go to a cardiologist for the treatment of the palpitations. The endocrinologist should know about the potential increase in heart rate, so he can recommend you a cardiologist. Eventually it would be sort of a team work between the two of them. This is my case. But my problems are very serious and another story.
Interrupting medication is a bad decision you made. You need the hormonal substitute, not vitamins and other stuff you mentioned earlier. Calcium may be, if needed, recommended too.
Advice: don`t neglect this problem once it is diagnosed and don`t try self-medication based on what you read on the internet. That is, if you want to obtain hormonal balance and functionality, without the nasty symptoms.

If you are on Facebook there are a good few thyroid groups that are great for advice and support.

zero said:
I`ve been diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was 14, that is 25 years ago. Also, I am a cardiac patient since I was born (I won`t go into the details about disease, complications, evolution, surgery etc.). And here I am.
What I can say is that you have to do the regular checkups at the endocrinologist and test your hormone levels, so the dosage of the hormonal substitute, usually levothyroxin, can be properly adjusted (25-50-100 mg).
Indeed, in some patients the thyroid hormone may increase the heart rate/pulse and give palpitations. This happened to me as well, so my cardiologist prescribed me a beta blocker (i.e. bisoprolol) so that I could continue take my endo and cardio medication effectively, without side effects.
Treatment for hypothyroidism is lifelong, you get used to it, the hormone substitute is efficient and even if at some point the blood tests show normal values, it is not to be interrupted, only dosage reduced. Go to a cardiologist for the treatment of the palpitations. The endocrinologist should know about the potential increase in heart rate, so he can recommend you a cardiologist. Eventually it would be sort of a team work between the two of them. This is my case. But my problems are very serious and another story.
Interrupting medication is a bad decision you made. You need the hormonal substitute, not vitamins and other stuff you mentioned earlier. Calcium may be, if needed, recommended too.
Advice: don`t neglect this problem once it is diagnosed and don`t try self-medication based on what you read on the internet. That is, if you want to obtain hormonal balance and functionality, without the nasty symptoms.

What zero said above.

They're still readjusting my dosages from last week's blood test results. And I've been dealing with this for 2 years now...

Hope you'll feel better soon, dn560.

ladyforsaken said:
zero said:

What zero said above.

They're still readjusting my dosages from last week's blood test results. And I've been dealing with this for 2 years now...

Hope you'll feel better soon, dn560.

I agree with what you guys are saying but both drs that I went to told me I didn't need it anymore, they said my thyroid was working normal again, that's where im confused. I know thyroid problems require lifelong medication. i'll be honest wen im on thyroid meds I feel terrible

You are way too young to give up. Waaay too young.

The economy is really bad where even great people are unemployed.

I healed my thyroid with thyroid supporting herbs and certain yoga exercises to massage it. They felt good, too.

You are giving up waaaaay tooooo sooon.

HappyYogi said:
You are way too young to give up. Waaay too young.

The economy is really bad where even great people are unemployed.

I healed my thyroid with thyroid supporting herbs and certain yoga exercises to massage it. They felt good, too.

You are giving up waaaaay tooooo sooon.

well its been 4 years ive been to a lot of doctors, ive spent a lot of money on drs tests pills therapists, ive tried to get my grades up out ended up failing and getting kicked out of university, ended up in the hospital in may for pounding heartbeats, all my friends turned their back on me, nobody listens to my problems, my family is messed up, ive done everything possible to get well within that 4 years. I feel like crap, all my hair fell out, 2014 was pure torture tell me why I shouldnt give up...

dn560 said:
I agree with what you guys are saying but both drs that I went to told me I didn't need it anymore, they said my thyroid was working normal again, that's where im confused. I know thyroid problems require lifelong medication. i'll be honest wen im on thyroid meds I feel terrible

Do you take them the way you're instructed to? Or maybe the dosages weren't right for you?

Maybe it's something else that's making you feel like this. I would ask for all blood tests that relate to your symptoms.

Latest posts

Back