Time to introduce myself :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wannadie

I don't know where to start. Obviously my presence in here shows that I'm looking for someone to talk to, someone to listen to. Looking to make friends. Just like most of you I found this place by searching on google. I have been reading threads since past few days on this forum. Finally I feel I'm home :)

It took me a little while to introduce myself. Yeah, I'm a 'little' shy. Kept thinking if I should tell anyone about my life, if anyone will understand me. But then I realized there are many people all around the world just like me. With every person the story changes a little bit, but we all are here for the reason.

Right since my childhood I always knew that there is something different about myself. Every place I have been (school, college, office), it was kind of difficult for me to fit in. Not because I hated anyone, just that, I don't talk much, or rather I can't. Most of the time I don't understand what to say. Not easy for me to express my feelings so I guess people think I'm a snobbish person. The only way people know about 'real me' is by sticking around with me for a while. This is how I lived all my life. Made very few friends. Now all of them are married, have babies, busy doing their own things. Now I'm little over 30, recently got divorced, had no money when I had to leave my X. Somehow managed to find a job within couple of months. Kept myself busy by working like a donkey without complaining. This way I managed not to think about my X or any other problem. I miss him a lot.

Now I feel so tired. I know that I can't go on like this forever. The place where I'm working right now, my boss is a jerk. He has created wrong impression about me in our department by lying and manipulating things. I feel so depressed. I work so hard but I get nothing in return. There are so many beautiful, successful people around me (they are not my friends). Looking at them I feel so sad, low and lonely. I'm left with no self confidence. I feel I'm good for nothing.

About my hobbies, I don't have many.... I like to draw sketches, I like to travel, I listen to music all the time, surf on the internet and now I'm a workaholic, better than being an alcoholic right ;) LOL...

Oh well, I guess I should stop here. More later.... thanks for being so patient with me.

HUGS.

welcome
Laie_99.gif
nice meeting u
girl_claping.gif

sometimes i wish i were a workoholic
Laie_100.gif
.....to keep my crazy mind off many stupid things
wacko1.gif

Hi, I really hope things can improve for you soon. I know just how you're feeling, as do a few others on here I'll wager.

Welcome here and I guess it's really good for you to find out this place which you can't open yourself and get things out of your chest without being embarrassed. From what you have told us, you're such a shy person in nature which I think networking would really ease your pain coz you could have expressed urself freely without much direct response or feedbacks like what we experienced in face-to-fact contact. Hope to hear from you more and let me give u a warm and welcoming hug! :D

Thank you so much guys. Yeah, I'm really glad that I found this place. I was able to sleep peacefully after introducing myself to this forum. I know there are lot of people who visit this forum very often but haven't registered yet. I would like to request those people to go ahead and introduce themselves. It really feels good.

As I mentioned before I don't talk much, that makes me a very good listener :) If you need someone to listen to, send me a PM :)

wannadie said:
About my hobbies, I don't have many.... I like to draw sketches, I like to travel, I listen to music all the time, surf on the internet and now I'm a workaholic, better than being an alcoholic right ;) LOL...

Oh well, I guess I should stop here. More later.... thanks for being so patient with me.

Greetings...from one workaholic to another. :)

Hey wannadie,

First of all, welcome aboard. It's really good to know that you have a few hobbies and work to keep you busy. Someone who loves sketching and traveling has got to be the kind of person that many people would like to be around.

There's no need to be shy about expressing yourself or talking about your life in general - we're all on the same boat. I guess the key is to hang in there - things will definitely change, especially when you have quite a bit of control over them, which it sounds like you do from the way that you've handled your situation.

PS: My ears are always open, and things don't usually go in one and get out the other :)

Thanks Tramp for making me feel special. Traveling is something I love the most but now I have nobody to travel with, so I spend more time drawing sketches, not that I'm very good at it, but I try out something.

About expressing my feelings, I'm pushing myself to do it. I guess I'm not scared to talk to people or make friends, I'm scared to lose them. I fear I might say something or do something, they will get mad at me and leave me all alone. I'm really hoping to make good friends in here. Just few days ago I lost hope completely and found this website.... I'm not saying that I'm feeling 100% alright but... I guess still there is some hope left :) Still things can change.

Hey JustLost, good to know that there is one a more workaholic person like me in here :) howdy?

Hey GeminiGurliex, I'm really glad to be here. I feel connected now. If you know what I mean :)

Hello bumpingonsmth, RobertJW and Bluey thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah, I guess it is easy to express our feelings in here than face to face with other people. Specially when you can see them judging you. Over here people seems to be really nice. I'm really loving it!!

hey Incognita, I like your gif images :) they are really cute. They brought smile to my face, thanks a lot. Well, being a workaholic really keeps you away from thinking about something that you don't want to. But then if you keep working hard and nobody really appreciate that then it really hurts. That is happening to me right now.

Is it wrong to expect little bit of appreciation in life?

Latest posts

Back