To be a rich man

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bluey

Something I have been thinking about lately.

You can be rich in many different ways. I don't mean financially.

I mean in looks and personality. People that always land on there feet just cos there quite good looking or have a very active personality. I have found why someone might be a good laugh to be around there not always the best friends to have.

What gets me is why those ppl that are conceded lets say boring but nice and moral and would make a good friend and they would never screw you over never seem to get anything good come there way. why you get the spoiled mad head that has no respect for anyone or anything but has a happy fun side to there personality always seems to land on there feet in everything.

For instance, I have a friend that is a charmer. He never pays money back that he owns and he's a lazy ass that don't work. Yet he meets a beautiful women with lots of money that has two big placers to live in both in stunning surroundings and she is taking him around the world on a holiday of a life time that most ppl could only dream off. This guy is nice to talk to but I have always found him to be a user. The women is an intelligent women with a stunning career. Why is it then that she is to stupid to see what my friend actually is? That's just one example that I tell you all. I know loads of ppl who do similar things.

Do ppl not care if there being used just has long has there having a good time?

If you had money or was being used in anyway but you enjoyed the company of someone knowing that they well drop you anytime they like for the next best thing that comes along would you let it carry on?

Its like most of the ppl I know are only bothered about what happens to day and tomorrow not in a few years. Where I would wont to know that I am making friends that well be sticking with me for life.

Don't get me wrong I can be a complete mad head but never using or disrespectful to anyone. In less they asked for it like :p

The main thing I would like to know is do you think you can have to many morals for your own good?

I don't think you can have too many morals for your own good, if you define 'your own good' as being satisfied with your affect on others. No end of people here have said you've helped them. That makes you pretty rich.

Bluey said:
Its like most of the ppl I know are only bothered about what happens to day and tomorrow not in a few years. Where I would wont to know that I am making friends that well be sticking with me for life.

I've never had a friend I thought would be there for life, and I don't think I know anyone who has. Nor do I think I'd want that. If a friend happens to be there for life, it will be because we haven't grown apart, not because we owe it to each other. People do grow apart. Friends come and go.

We all have our assets and liabilites.

She have it the assets and I want to squeeze them :p

You mean have fucken ideas that's not realistic ? Such as being a perfectionist ?

You mean he has charms but he's still her pawn...It's her dream. Her life she's living and he's
just along for the ride?...You can't bullshit a bullshiter...
At some piont in her career she had to negociate, charm, manipulate, to have gotten were she's at.
At some piont she had to do a lot of ass kissing...At some piont people had to kiss her ass a lot.lol
She knows what she wants and gose for it....without the guilt trips or hang ups...
Maybe in that way she's attracked to him...no guilt or hang ups.
At some piont she knows he's expendiable...At some piont he also realize she can replace him with a younger model..lol
In this way...we create out own relality. Its perfectly unperfect.
She came into this world without anything...She'll leave it without anything....as dose he.
She's living her life in moment. Living her life to the fullest. Following her dreams..her vision for whatever that is.
She's mortal..she knows she can lose everything at a drop of a dime...She can died or get ill tommorrow and become
homeless just like anyone else...In this way she's less judgmental.
Get the picture ?...He's in her picture. She draws him to her as much as he draws her to him.
They are similar people...underneath the dressing.
She never expected a dime from him...He never expected her to love him.

Would it be any different to let just say..i wanna be a stay at home daddy, take of the kids.
She can go out and fucken hustle :p

hmn, too many morals for your own good...

Bluey. If you constantly look to others, I think it'll only breed unhappiness. No matter what you do, someone will always be better off, prettier or smarter. That's a fact of life. Stop comparing yourself to other people. You are wonderful as you are. :)

Right now, I am studying buddhism in college and it says... " To Live is to Suffer. Suffering Comes from Desire. To End Suffering End Desire." Basically Buddhism is trying to say, if you want to be happy, learn to accept the things around you as being enough.

People might interpret this satisfaction as ..having good Self Esteem.

And Bluey, these people who bend their morals. They pay for them, eventually. The grass is not greener on the other side. Even though from the other side of the fence it may appear so.

We all have to pay for our actions in one way or another. If we want to be succesful, we have less free time. If we want to have many friends, our friendships will be shallower. If we choose to manipulate others, there will be a lack of trust and angry,hurt feelings eventually. If we choose to diregard others, there will be disregard towards us. If we are kind to others, it is more likely that they will care for us in return.

He may have been able to manipulate his way into a seemingly good situation, but you have the right to say " I am honest. I stick to my morals. I am loyal to my friends." You are the one that will have more fulfilling relationships (when you do find them). You treat people with the dignity they deserve.

And that, is honorable.

Dont ever change. Money does not a happy man make.

Nyktimos said:
bI've never had a friend I thought would be there for life, and I don't think I know anyone who has. Nor do I think I'd want that. If a friend happens to be there for life, it will be because we haven't grown apart, not because we owe it to each other. People do grow apart. Friends come and go.

See I would question whether you have ever actually had a friend then. When I make friends I really would like to think they well stick by you for life. Not just in tell one of you moves out of the place you live or one of you get marred act.

But with saying that I don't have anyone that I would regard has a life long friend that Ive had since say school. So maybe your way of looking at things is right.

Lonesome Crow said:
We all have our assets and liabilites.

She have it the assets and I want to squeeze them :p

You mean have fucken ideas that's not realistic ? Such as being a perfectionist ?

You mean he has charms but he's still her pawn...It's her dream. Her life she's living and he's
just along for the ride?...You can't bullshit a bullshiter...
At some piont in her career she had to negociate, charm, manipulate, to have gotten were she's at.
At some piont she had to do a lot of ass kissing...At some piont people had to kiss her ass a lot.lol
She knows what she wants and gose for it....without the guilt trips or hang ups...
Maybe in that way she's attracked to him...no guilt or hang ups.
At some piont she knows he's expendiable...At some piont he also realize she can replace him with a younger model..lol
In this way...we create out own relality. Its perfectly unperfect.
She came into this world without anything...She'll leave it without anything....as dose he.
She's living her life in moment. Living her life to the fullest. Following her dreams..her vision for whatever that is.
She's mortal..she knows she can lose everything at a drop of a dime...She can died or get ill tommorrow and become
homeless just like anyone else...In this way she's less judgmental.
Get the picture ?...He's in her picture. She draws him to her as much as he draws her to him.
They are similar people...underneath the dressing.
She never expected a dime from him...He never expected her to love him.

haha, Has usual you put it in your own uneek way lol. Maybe your right. Maybe she is being has using has he is. Never thought of it like that.

The thing am really trying to get my head around is why do ppl with a really charismatic personality seem to get things with out having to work for them.

Lonesome Crow said:
Would it be any different to let just say..i wanna be a stay at home daddy, take of the kids.
She can go out and fucken hustle :p

Well I personally think it might be easier to go out and hustle. working gotta be easier then looking after the kids lol

SophiaGrace said:
hmn, too many morals for your own good...

Bluey. If you constantly look to others, I think it'll only breed unhappiness. No matter what you do, someone will always be better off, prettier or smarter. That's a fact of life. Stop comparing yourself to other people. You are wonderful as you are. :)

I never been jaiylurs of anyone in my life. Even when I did not even have enough money to eat properly I still never begrudged anyone of anything. I just kinder got on with it. The only thing I ever compare myself to with others is my health. You out of most ppl here would understand that I think. All though you don't seem to struggle so much with that aspect of your self. I admire you for that.

Well you may think am wonderful but I still wake up alone and go to bed alone ever night so obviously am not that wonderful.

SophiaGrace said:
Right now, I am studying buddhism in college and it says... " To Live is to Suffer. Suffering Comes from Desire. To End Suffering End Desire." Basically Buddhism is trying to say, if you want to be happy, learn to accept the things around you as being enough.

Buddhism is interesting. I agree with what your saying here.

I have all the material things I wont relay. Of course I could still think of a million thing I would buy if I could lol Who could not? But that's not really what am on about here. I mean to be rich in mind body and sole. To be loved by everyone just for having an addicting smile on your face. Something that not everyone has. Have you ever noticed how some ppl look good whirring any old rag where has some ppl still looking scruffy in a £500 suite. My problem is that most ppl don't seem to see just cos a person has good looks and an addicting smile that dose not make them a Worthy person to be friend.

The only real thing that I desire is good health (legs that don't keep me awake at night by constantly jumping around in spasms) and to feel loved. Whats buddies take on loneliness? Maybe I should study buddhism has it dose seem interesting.

I have a cousin who tells me he's into all the buddhism stuff. Personally I think he just likes the facet that it tells him its ok to smoke weed lol. He's a bit like that. He's another guy that's quite cool but is has unrelaiable has the English summer.

Don't trip Bluey...it's human nature...We all want what we don't have. We all have very degree of it.
It's a part of us...we can use different words to dicribe it....envy, lust, wants, desire, hunger.

It's these same emotions that drives us to better our lives...otherwise we would still be living in caves today.
It's getting our emotions and logic working in unity.

Yes, it's true...about the eye candi..fashion..the cat walk. The lines of a porch verse a kia..lol
Humans likes shiney, sparklely stuff...it puts us in a trances...diamond, gold, jewerlies..etc.

Sometimes ..that why some people use the term spiritaul or the higher self.
Higher consiousness... The I or I AM.
Whatever conception...you want to use that will work for you.

Saint Francis had the same type of experince...The stories are almsot the same as Buddha's.
Saint Francis suffered from a fever...His parents were governers ...
He went crazy...He had all the eye candi, women, money at his finger tips..(wants)
Being in the state of wants...was making him sick...becuase you're always wanting or feeling lack...incomplete.
He bacailly gave all that up to seek peace in nature. To get WELL. He let go.

Buddha bascailly did the samething...Buddha was a golden child.
The governor..kept him under lock and key in the palace.
It was thought..whom ever controled Buddha will have all powers.
Buddha was spoiled with all the riches...women, wealth...candi...etc.
Budhha went outside of the palace oneday and relized ...errrrrr Wtf ???? there's more to life than this.lol

Buddha thought being poor was a way to enlightenment..so he straved himself and became a begger..
He had moment of clerity or a brain fart..Errrr..being poor is no good..lmao

Buddha experiment with all type of teachings...even self mutalating or self inflicted pains...
he found out ..ERRRR...fresia that...pain sucks ass too..lol

He found out...taking the middle path was better.. Meaning balance or undetachement...too much of anything
is bad for you...

sometimes our brain gets attach with the wants...eye candi...etc
By getting out of ourselves going to the spirit or higher consciusness..We get out of pain or detachment.
Our spirit or higher consiousness is always in a state of fullfilment already....so there's no wants or lack.

That's why there's all these terms in spiritual practices...

letting go
surrender
be still (stillness of the mind)
emptiness

it's just design for us to get out of our consiousness into greater awarness , higher self, superconsious, spirit.
Once we're in that state of awareness...We actaully relize we have more power..more freedom. it's a paradox.
The first sensation i felt was peace and blitz becuase all the bullshil and pains are at my lower awarness...

Think of my pains and sufferning as a dot and a sheet of paper....my lower awarness.
My greater awarness is the entire paper or greater.

from a bird's eye view or greater awarness...we can allow our logic and emotions to work in unity rather in conflict.
If we dont have conflicts...we take healthier actions and live happier healthy lives.

We're still evolving as humans...

Bluey said:
See I would question whether you have ever actually had a friend then. When I make friends I really would like to think they well stick by you for life. Not just in tell one of you moves out of the place you live or one of you get marred act.

But with saying that I don't have anyone that I would regard has a life long friend that Ive had since say school. So maybe your way of looking at things is right.

Sometimes someone will tell me my cold, non-commital viewpoint may be right and I will think 'I should have kept my smegging mouth closed. Just because I've lost hope I shouldn't inflict others with my despondency'.

Bluey said:
Well you may think am wonderful but I still wake up alone and go to bed alone ever night so obviously am not that wonderful.

Just because you are alone doesnt mean you arent as valuable as the next person. It doesnt make you any less of a person to be alone.

Bluey said:
Buddhism is interesting. I agree with what your saying here.

I have all the material things I wont relay. Of course I could still think of a million thing I would buy if I could lol Who could not? But that's not really what am on about here. I mean to be rich in mind body and sole. To be loved by everyone just for having an addicting smile on your face. Something that not everyone has. Have you ever noticed how some ppl look good whirring any old rag where has some ppl still looking scruffy in a £500 suite. My problem is that most ppl don't seem to see just cos a person has good looks and an addicting smile that dose not make them a Worthy person to be friend.

So youre irritated that people are choosing others over personality charms and good looks rather than whether or not theyre a good person?

That irks me too bluey =l

But we do tend to judge people based on appearances, no matter how wrong that sounds. we do. All of us. And sometimes people are willing to overlook a person's heart if they are "interesting enough" in personality.

It's irking. I agree.

People are like books. The cover may be flashy, the title may be catchy, but the only sure way to know if a book is truly good is to read the whole thing through.

Unfortunately, some of us aren't very strategically placed in the bookstore. Instead of a big display by the door we can only be found on the bottom shelf in the corner. Our cover art is mundane, our titles are simplistic, but our content is good, and someday someone is bound pick us up out of sheer curiosity and find this out.

My guess is your friend's current fling will reach the end of the book before too long, and she'll realize he wasn't worth the time. Maybe next time she'll take a little longer in the bookstore before making a selection.

Latest posts

Back