Today 27 years ago

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WallflowerGirl83 said:
I'm sorry that this happened to you. It's horrible what people do to one another. I remember when I was in eight grade I had a crush on a guy myself and all of his friends were laughing at me and making fun of me. So I know how it feels, I'm glad you're a lot more confident though.

You're better than that person anyhow and it's sad how rude they are. People never learn it seems like.
~hugs~

Thank you.

It is strange how I have remembered it after all these years.
Maybe because of the actual date, with it being the first day of December.

Hi Triple Bogey,

When I saw 27 years, it hit a nerve in me too. That was the year I became disabled for life with MENTAL ILLNESS. After that, the cruel stigma of so many people have made me cry--BUT NOT FOR A LONG TIME NOW. This is my motto:

Sayingsignifiganceofaspeedbump_zpsce545468.jpg

I hope that you realize you are a great person, and the idiots that say things or do things like laugh at you that hurt you or bring you down are just that!--IDIOTS!

I really hope you are able to let go of that date and that next year it won't affect you!

hugsfromme-2.jpg

WishingWell said:
Hi Triple Bogey,

When I saw 27 years, it hit a nerve in me too. That was the year I became disabled for life with MENTAL ILLNESS. After that, the cruel stigma of so many people have made me cry--BUT NOT FOR A LONG TIME NOW. This is my motto:

Sayingsignifiganceofaspeedbump_zpsce545468.jpg

I hope that you realize you are a great person, and the idiots that say things or do things like laugh at you that hurt you or bring you down are just that!--IDIOTS!

I really hope you are able to let go of that date and that next year it won't affect you!

hugsfromme-2.jpg

thank you for your kind words.

Yes, lets hope next December 1st I don't think about what happened !

It's a shame you felt the way you did at the time. You didn't deserve to feel bad. She did. There is time now though. Pity her. I do.

Gutted said:
It's a shame you felt the way you did at the time. You didn't deserve to feel bad. She did. There is time now though. Pity her. I do.

oh I felt terrible at the time and like I knew it was going to happen. Women laughed at me because I was ridiculous.

I thought all kinds of crazy stuff - if I asked a girl out she would report me for stalking and ring the police. In my early 30's I thought I was some kind of monster, not even good enough to talk to a woman, not deserving of anything. It wasn't all made up in my head though. In 2001 at around this time, this woman co worker asked me to the cinema, her husband didn't want to go. She had nobody to go with. I said 'yes' - anyway she did everything she could to find somebody else to go with us. I knew why, didn't want me to get 'ideas' - and a few days before we went, word got around the shop and some nice other woman went up to her and warned her not to go, said she should 'watch herself' when she was near me !

The cinema woman was nice enough to ignore all this honeysuckle, she actually told me what had been said and said she would ignore it. We went to cinema, enjoyed it and ended up going over 50 times in the next 7 or 8 years.

Thank god I don't think like that now !
I have changed, more self esteem, self confidence.

Latest posts

Back