Today is my birthday and I feel alone ...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Birthday Spy!!

I feel your pain. The last 2 bdays I've had I was alone. Like sitting in my car watching traffic go by, alone. And I know how it feels for people to not remember the day. I remember a few "friends" birthdays but they haven't remembered mine for a few years. I'm sure once your buddy realizes he missed your bday, he will feel bad about missing it. Hope you had a good time with family! They are the only ones that really care to spend the day with you.

Thanks KJay for your comment. Yes I spent some good time with my family. Today I was supposed to see my old friend (a 38 years old friendship) but I cancelled. He didn't wish me happy birthday. He never remember so I decided to spend my time alone.

I am now starting some new hobbies for when I am alone and I love it.

Spy said:
Thanks KJay for your comment. Yes I spent some good time with my family. Today I was supposed to see my old friend (a 38 years old friendship) but I cancelled. He didn't wish me happy birthday. He never remember so I decided to spend my time alone.

I am now starting some new hobbies for when I am alone and I love it.

I'm sorry he didn't remember. Maybe you could have met up with him and said he missed your bday? I like to confront people when they do or dont do something, I dont know if you're like this too? Last year my only friend I've known for like 17 yrs wanted to go to dinner the day after my bday (not remembering it was my bday the day before) and when I told her during dinner, she felt way more shitty than I felt that she forgot my bday. I got a free sushi dinner that was really expensive cause we were suppose to split the bill but she felt really bad.

Spy said:
Good point KJay. I should have done that.

On my birthday I usually go and treat myself to something. I don't rely on other people to make the day special. I always take the day off work (I remember one year I worked and took some honeysuckle from the manager so it put me in a bad mood all day !), I go in town and buy dvd's or books or something I am interested in.

Happy Birthday to you, and good wishes for your best year yet. I know how it feels when friends forget your birthday, but some people are just like that. If your friend is good in other ways then you just have to overlook it. Sadly, hitting them over the head with a pick-axe and burying their bodies in a shallow grave at the bottom of the garden is rather frowned upon in today's society. Also it is messy and there are health hazards ..... (not that I have tried it, you understand).

But aside from that, if my advice isn't annoying to you, why not treat yourself to something today, something new? Weird as it seems some days I just take my dog for a walk by a new route, and it can pick me up a bit to notice a house or tree I never saw before. Do something different and see how you feel about it? If you hate it at least you know not to do it again...

Very good tips from the two of you. Thanks a lot.

I think that today I will treat myself by doing some scale models. I love doing this. I find it relaxing and it's the first hands-on activity that I really do since a long time. I used to draw when I was young but not anymore.

Latest posts

Back