Tomorrow

• Thread starter daughter of the moon
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

daughter of the moon

I keep telling myself that tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow I will wake up and not be as depressed. Tomorrow I will have the mental strength to go grocery shopping. Tomorrow I will do long-overdue paper work. Tomorrow I will finally clean up my desk, putting away stuff that has been sitting there literally since the beginning of the year.
Tomorrow I'll resist the urge to just curl up in bed, wearing my bathrobe all day. Tomorrow I will have a decent meal, drink enough water.......tomorrow I won't feel as bad. Oh I surely won't, will I? Tomorrow everything will be better. But it never is.

You're not alone in feeling that way. I recognise what you're saying like it came out of my head.

Two thoughts came to me. The first: to make a change to your routine, especially cleaning up a desk/putting stuff away, one way I know is to just do one thing and stop. For example, just put one piece of paper in the bin, or one sock in the cupboard. Then you can go back to bed if you want to.

The second: I feel like this state of mind is connected to how one perceives one's goals. What are your goals? I saw some resources like this http://gettingresults.com/wiki/How_To_-_Set_Goals_and_Achieve_Them which might be relevant.

xrchz said:
You're not alone in feeling that way. I recognise what you're saying like it came out of my head.

Two thoughts came to me. The first: to make a change to your routine, especially cleaning up a desk/putting stuff away, one way I know is to just do one thing and stop. For example, just put one piece of paper in the bin, or one sock in the cupboard. Then you can go back to bed if you want to.

This is a very good idea. Thank you! I will try doing it this way...

xrchz said:
And tell me the result! :)

I will let you know about every single sock I put away :p

Seriously, that was good advice, and I'll follow it.

Have faith! Set yourself some targets maybe. Nothing massive. Maybe tidy a little each day. Then go shopping at some point. Then do the paperwork. One step at a time. You can do it :)

Schedule yourself, set your alarm to wake up at a certain time, give yourself time for breakfast and morning routine. Then set aside time for each task you want to complete and what you want to achieve. Make a list of everything you'll need to do it, like any cleaning or storage supplies, trash bags, etc, so you have no excuse not to do it.

Gutted said:
Have faith! Set yourself some targets maybe. Nothing massive. Maybe tidy a little each day. Then go shopping at some point. Then do the paperwork. One step at a time. You can do it :)

Thank you :)

Sci-Fi said:
Schedule yourself, set your alarm to wake up at a certain time, give yourself time for breakfast and morning routine. Then set aside time for each task you want to complete and what you want to achieve. Make a list of everything you'll need to do it, like any cleaning or storage supplies, trash bags, etc, so you have no excuse not to do it.

*sigh*

Yeah, I know that's what needs to be done. The big black dog is pretty strong though...

xrchz said:

^ Same here. Your post reminded me of this:

Depression does not always mean
Beautiful girls shattering at the wrists
A glorified, heroic battle for your sanity
Or mothers that never got the chance to say good-bye

Sometimes depression means
Not getting out of bed for three days
Because your feet refuse to believe
That they will not shatter upon impact with the floor

That summoning the willpower
To go downstairs and do the laundry
Is the most impressive thing you accomplish that week

Lying on the floor staring at the ceiling for hours
Because you cannot convince your body
That it is capable of movement

Not being able to write for weeks
Because the only words you have to offer the world
Are trapped and drowning and I swear to God I’m trying

That every single bone in your body aches
But you have to keep going through the motions
Because you are not allowed to call in to work depressed

Ignoring every phone call for an entire month
Because yes, they have the right number
But you’re not the person they’re looking for, not anymore

- by “Alexandra” Tilton, NH (Teen Ink: November 2013 Issue)

1450065_634081146637749_1316292808_n.jpg

I hate doing mundane chores and have to force myself to do them even when I'm feeling good :)
That's probably true for most people. But I like the one-small-thing at a time approach. Try one little thing at a time; you might even feel a little better after and I have found that busy-work distracts me from depressing thoughts too. :)

-Teresa

Thanks everybody, I appreciate your input, I really do. The one-thing-at-a-time approach is the best advice I've heard in a long time. I tend to think of the whole pile (mountain) of stuff I have to do all at the same time; needless to say that I always end up falling depressed again. So I will do it your way. I got up with my alarm this morning and already went grocery shopping. I have picked out one thing on my desk that I'm going to do next. And then we'll see. But first I need to eat. It's been 24 hours since I had the last decent meal/snack.

Solivagant, thank you for posting that poem. I can't even express how ACCURATE every last word in it is. Then again, I doubt I have to tell you. Thank you.

Depression is mean because people on the outside don't understand it. They think you're just being down, having a bad day, whatever. They can't understand how one can't have the mental & emotional strength to even get up out of bed, just to get a drink of water or whatever. Even meeting someone who suffers from the same, you still get the feeling sometimes that they don't get you. It's an illness that definitely makes you feel lonely.

Divide and conquer, something that was taught to us on my programming degree.

If you look at the entirity of a thing it can be overwhelming. You do need to break it down.

So instead of - 'How can I get all my jobs done, clean my home' etc etc

It becomes. 'Well I know I have to do the dishes.'

Dishes done. The big job just became a little bit smaller, next little job that chips away at that huge mountian until at some point you look and it really is now just a molehill.

So in summary, yeah, what other people have said! :D

Yes, and guess what I found underneath all those piles of stuff? A desk! Wooooooooo......!
My mood in one word: Accomplished :cool:

Solivagant said:
xrchz said:

^ Same here. Your post reminded me of this:

Depression does not always mean
Beautiful girls shattering at the wrists
A glorified, heroic battle for your sanity
Or mothers that never got the chance to say good-bye

Not getting out of bed for three days
Because your feet refuse to believe
That they will not shatter upon impact with the floor

That summoning the willpower
To go downstairs and do the laundry
Is the most impressive thing you accomplish that week

Lying on the floor staring at the ceiling for hours
Because you cannot convince your body
That it is capable of movement

Not being able to write for weeks
Because the only words you have to offer the world
Are trapped and drowning and I swear to God I’m trying

That every single bone in your body aches
But you have to keep going through the motions
Because you are not allowed to call in to work dep
ressed

Ignoring every phone call for an entire month
Because yes, they have the right number
But you’re not the person they’re looking for, not anymore

- by “Alexandra” Tilton, NH (Teen Ink: November 2013 Issue)

wow. such a true poem.

well I cant advice u in anway coz my brain keeps on msgng me sumthnh lyk pot callin kettle or sumthn.;)

but u knw wat u really must strt wid dat one sock trick I thnk it'l wrk. evn m goin to strt but first I need to find ' em.

sherin said:
well I cant advice u in anway coz my brain keeps on msgng me sumthnh lyk pot callin kettle or sumthn.;)

but u knw wat u really must strt wid dat one sock trick I thnk it'l wrk. evn m goin to strt but first I need to find ' em.

I think there's a bunch of letters missing on your keyboard :p :D lol (just kidding)

lol.
plz dnt mak fun of my keyboard. I was getting bored so I disembld some of d keys n nw m planng to place dm bck TOMORROW ;)

Latest posts

Back