Too Ugly for Love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feeling ugly can also be a self esteem issue rather than just an external physical issue.

Literally none of my friends has ever asked me a question of anything related to relationships and my family has never posed a question giving a clue that they think it is possibe for me to get into one. I guess this must be because it is impossible due to my looks and personality.

ShybutHi said:
Literally none of my friends has ever asked me a question of anything related to relationships and my family has never posed a question giving a clue that they think it is possibe for me to get into one. I guess this must be because it is impossible due to my looks and personality.

whats wrong with your personality ?

I really like these two comments.

BrokenInside said:
"Every girl is beautiful.Sometimes its just takes the right guy to see it."

Don't let others to ask you personal questions. Remember, there is something happening in their lives too. So, whenever someone starts prying, you know what to do.

lonelyfairy said:
No one is not ugly for love. :)

SophiaGrace said:
Feeling ugly can also be a self esteem issue rather than just an external physical issue.

Doesn't help when people you start talking to stop, once they see your pic. as in my case.

Drew88 said:
SophiaGrace said:

Doesn't help when people you start talking to stop, once they see your pic. as in my case.

People like that are ********! There are plenty of ******** in this world! It is their loss!

switch said:
Drew88 said:
SophiaGrace said:

People like that are ********! There are plenty of ******** in this world! It is their loss!

And its most people, everyone I have gone out with would not be normally attractive.

"Love gos beyond looks" is bs

Drew88 said:

It's not bullshit... But, the simple fact that you think it is, should explain why you would ever have issues yourself.

VanillaCreme said:
Drew88 said:

It's not bullshit... But, the simple fact that you think it is, should explain why you would ever have issues yourself.

Caz clearly never having an attractive girl show interested in me have nothing to do with it.

Drew88 said:

Been there, done that. Or when you meet someone in person for a date and then they tell you they're not physically attracted to you. Makes you feel used for the free coffee/dinner/whatever.

Drew88 said:
VanillaCreme said:
Drew88 said:

Caz clearly never having an attractive girl show interested in me have nothing to do with it.

Or your horrible attitude either... It's never your fault right? Never your problem for having a twisted view of things? So what people look at your picture and don't talk to you anymore... They clearly aren't worth your effort then. Put more value in yourself than to think that you're only worth random people's opinion over your picture.

But oh, let me guess... A girl might show interest, but if she's not "attractive" you don't want her attentions toward you... We've already had someone here play that card.

ladyforsaken said:
MajBee said:
I can be pretty sure that I'm going to be alone. We're the same age and you've had two people 'poof' into your life. No one ever 'poofs' into my life and I've always gotten zero attention from guys (and I do mean zero). It's not been for lack of trying but I'm pretty much invisible to guys, even when it comes to friendship. No hope.

I'll tell you a bit more about me then. I had zero attention from guys too because I was a timid, shy girl who had trouble even talking to people. I was too freakin shy.

Then I decided, okay, I'm not going to expect anything, and I'm going to have faith and hope that someday, I'll meet that person. I didn't know how cos I was so afraid to even interact with people, ESPECIALLY guys. I was like a nerd. :\

That took long enough really till when I met my ex. It didn't happen immediately. These things are so unpredictable, you can't really say for sure what's gonna happen next or in 5 years time. 5 years ago I thought I'd be married to my ex at about this time or in a few years. We planned for everything in the future, the house, the pets, the kids, the location etc.

But then it all went crashing down cos somehow we ended up not being compatible with one another. I never thought that would happen. Had I known that in the first year of knowing him, would I have gone ahead and go through all that pain and abuse? No, of course not. But I didn't know what was gonna happen and I was willing to be open minded and take the risk. Cos if I don't do that - NOTHING will ever happen in my life and yeah, I'd never end up with anyone if I keep to that mindset.

Hope you get what I'm trying to say. Like I said, don't waste your life away by limiting your chances and opportunities by closing your mind to them.

I do get what you are saying, I just don't think we are in the same situation. I'm not really timid or shy, just unlikeable I guess.

VanillaCreme said:
Drew88 said:
VanillaCreme said:
Drew88 said:

Or your horrible attitude either... It's never your fault right? Never your problem for having a twisted view of things? So what people look at your picture and don't talk to you anymore... They clearly aren't worth your effort then. Put more value in yourself than to think that you're only worth random people's opinion over your picture.

But oh, let me guess... A girl might show interest, but if she's not "attractive" you don't want her attentions toward you... We've already had someone here play that card.

No it is my fault, I am not ambitious, do not take care of myself like I should, I never approach woman or ask them out, I did/do draw conclusions about people before even giving them a chance, I do not care about things like I do, I never go out to socialize, I do not look at the good thing, etc. Trust me I am away of things that are my fault and I AM trying to work on somethings, having said that I still call a spade a spade.

Funny thing you said about being approach by a girl who isn't "attractive", my ex(s) wasn't "attractive" . I just don't care, I just would like to be shown interest in.

Plus it doesn't help that I have a helluva time reading people.

Latest posts

Back