top 10 films

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T. classic

Reaction score
sorry if this thread already exists, I couldn't find one. mods, feel free to delete if this is the case

Just wondering what some of your favorite movies are, any genre, any time period. Mine are:

2001 a space odyssey (kubrick)
Wild Strawberries (Bergman)
Mulholland Drive (Lynch)
Manhattan (Allen)
Sunrise (Murnau)
Magnolia (Anderson)
Taxi Driver (Scorsese)
The assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (Dominik)
Rashomon (Kurosawa)
A Clockwork Orange (Kubrick)

top ten ? This is not so easy. I can name you a hundred. I like some of the movies you have mentioned, especially Magnolia.

gummo000.jpg

gummo
desperate living
tideland
antichrist (2009)
donnie darko
julien donkey boy
natural born killers
magnolia
i heart huckabees
august undergroud mordum

I have been in love with movies since I was a small child and my parents let me watch rated r movies at 6. I wrote a small peice on how I feel about film and it is in my profile, as well as a list of some of my favorite movies. Currently Ive been watching a lot of fake snuff films and movies about necrophilia. I love extreme horror, but Mordum is the only horror movie on the top 10 list. Many of the movies I like and some of the ones I have mentioned are actually nc-17 ( or X ) , but not for sex.

and ANYTHING by Harmony Korine is genius.

gummo, kids, julien donkey boy, ken park, - these are some of the greatest movies ever made.

He is my hero.

Trash Humpers is going to be released september 20th. I cant wait !

Smoke
Pulp Fiction
Superbad
Swingers
STARSHIP TREWPERS AHHH BUUUUGS BUUUUUGS CMON YOU APES DO YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER
5 Centimeters Per Second
High Fidelity
Idiocracy
Gran Torino
Kung Fu Hustle

Bold titles are movies that I can watch over and over against and never get tired of for one reason or another. If they are on TV, everything else will be abandoned from the priority list until the film has run it's course.

And if you haven't ever seen Smoke, well, you're missing out. Go try to find it at your local used video shop or, if nothing else, download it and watch it. Or get it from Netflix. It's truly good and I think Harvey Keitel plays an excellent character. I sadly have not seen the sequel, 'Blue in the Face'.

I think the movie is best defined as actors playing human beings, as opposed to characters in a story. That's what has always fascinated me about it.

Revenge of the Nerds
Nightmare on Elm Street (original)
Predator
The Punisher (2004)
Hellraiser
DareDevil
Passion of the Christ
Michael Jackson's Ghosts
John Carpenter's Halloween
Demon Knights (Tales from the Crypt)

Brian said:
And if you haven't ever seen Smoke, well, you're missing out. Go try to find it at your local used video shop or, if nothing else, download it and watch it. Or get it from Netflix. It's truly good and I think Harvey Keitel plays an excellent character. I sadly have not seen the sequel, 'Blue in the Face'.

I loved Smoke. Blue in the Face was good too though if I recall correctly, not as good as Smoke.

10 of my current favorites, because they change frequently, are:

1. The Shawshank Redemption
2. No Country for Old Men
3. Unforgiven
4. Gosford Park
5. Brazil
6. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
7. Kill Bill vols 1 and 2
8. Pride and Prejudice (the Colin Firth one)
9. Das Boot
10. Fargo

honorable mentions:

The Lord of the Rings
Eastern Promises
A History of Violence
Night on Earth
Amelie
The Departed
Death Trap
Pi
Fallen