Travel Experiences

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Golden Beach was nice back in June. Lake Lonsdale was nice in July. Tomorrow I’m heading out to Lake Wallace for several days. It’s only about 90mins away. Not sure if there’s any phone service.

Last edited:
Lake Wallace was a bit scrappy and muddy so I went 10 mins away to Lake Batyo Catyo, which was pretty good. Just chilled in the peaceful surrounds. Read, listened to podcasts and music, and even got a little sunshine on my skin with this winter sun. Home now.

Lake Batyo Catyo - 003.jpg Lake Batyo Catyo - 034.jpg

Lake Batyo Catyo - 041.jpg Lake Batyo Catyo - 043.jpg

I believe I've only crossed the border into Canada when I was quite young. I haven't ever traveled internationally. Wish I had..

I wanted to go to Tokyo for the longest time, Japan. I suppose it doesn't matter to me now, unless somehow things were different.

If things were optimal for me?

I'd like to see Argentina or Brazil, Japan, Czech Republic, Russia maybe, Iceland, Alaska, Mexico City maybe...

Ideally I'd like to be semi-fluent in any language of a country I visit though. Seems it would be nice/exciting/interesting to really immerse one's self and become entwined with another culture and way of living, rather than just the typical week or two vacation sort of thing. I always find myself envious of those who travel abroad and live abroad. Amazing...

-----

It's very unlikely I'll ever travel though. At least I can watch videos, read books, and still learn a bit here and there..

I believe I've only crossed the border into Canada when I was quite young. I haven't ever traveled internationally. Wish I had..

I wanted to go to Tokyo for the longest time, Japan. I suppose it doesn't matter to me now, unless somehow things were different.

If things were optimal for me?

I'd like to see Argentina or Brazil, Japan, Czech Republic, Russia maybe, Iceland, Alaska, Mexico City maybe...

Ideally I'd like to be semi-fluent in any language of a country I visit though. Seems it would be nice/exciting/interesting to really immerse one's self and become entwined with another culture and way of living, rather than just the typical week or two vacation sort of thing. I always find myself envious of those who travel abroad and live abroad. Amazing...

-----

It's very unlikely I'll ever travel though. At least I can watch videos, read books, and still learn a bit here and there..
I always tried to do some study of a language of the area I travelled. It made for some nice exchanges with people. They like it when you make an effort to learn their culture. Asian languages can be tricky, especially when are written word can be said several different ways and mean completely different things lol.

I'm heading off for a few days, maybe more, to go camping again. Apart from my camping trailer being loaded, I've got my Ford BF Ute loaded with plenty of firewood, my food & drink storage, fishing gear and some spare gear that I used to fill space so things don't slide around any. The weather is looking good for the week. I'm not much of a fisherman, but it'll help pass the time, with a good book as well, and a few podcasts to keep me entertained........and some cider :)

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-24 at 5.18.28 PM.jpeg

Spent three days at Lake Bolac. Tried some fishing, without luck. Drove a little around the area to an old run down town (Willaura, which had the closest pharmacy I needed and amazingly had a beautiful 21-25yo girl working there. Maybe she was on holidays from University, because there's nothing in this town for a girl her age I would've thought), but not much really to see. Was a bit windy and a little boring to be honest. Music and podcasts kept me entertained some, but I'm back home now.

Lake Bolac - 45.jpg Lake Bolac - 24.jpg

Traveling internationally is a dream for many of us, and it's never too late to make it happen, even if circumstances don't seem optimal right now. It's like unlocking a whole new dimension of life, right? I've been daydreaming about Tokyo too! The energy of Japan seems surreal. And don't even get me started on Argentina and Brazil – the music, the food, the landscapes... it's like stepping into a vibrant painting.
Welcome to the forum. Traveling is enrichening in many ways, but it can be too late to make it happen, for various reasons. Do it while you can is my advice. Experience the world of others, as it can be very rewarding and humbling.

I like road trips on my bike, this was a trip to Albany, on Oz Day.
Yep, yellow bike, yellow tent; and I even got the yella shitta. Woo hoo!

Attachments

• 20170126_180423.jpg
    20170126_180423.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I love the vic alps, the whole tobacco growing region, Bright, Dargo high Plains right on down to Woods Point. I used to be a Hunter and have trod many a way through that area. I can tell you some stories of the stuff that's in that bush. No man's land.

Nice tent..
Tobacco industry shut down in 2006, but I know what you mean. It's a beautiful area. I've done lots of camping around the state. That tent I use when it's more than just me needing room, otherwise I have a smaller version that I take with my trailer I bought last year. (See my camper trailer thread :) )

I like road trips on my bike, this was a trip to Albany, on Oz Day.
Yep, yellow bike, yellow tent; and I even got the yella shitta. Woo hoo!
lol, as long as you're happy who cares what anyone else thinks. I remember years ago camping with my Kawasaki.

and btw, fyi, when you click "attach file" then the file appears, hover over the attachment and then click "insert" and choose "thumbnail" or "full image", and once inserted, you can click on the image to resize it how you want :)

Dan - 0144.jpg

Tobacco industry shut down in 2006, but I know what you mean. It's a beautiful area. I've done lots of camping around the state. That tent I use when it's more than just me needing room, otherwise I have a smaller version that I take with my trailer I bought last year. (See my camper trailer thread :) )

lol, as long as you're happy who cares what anyone else thinks. I remember years ago camping with my Kawasaki.

and btw, fyi, when you click "attach file" then the file appears, hover over the attachment and then click "insert" and choose "thumbnail" or "full image", and once inserted, you can click on the image to resize it how you want :)

View attachment 9051
Yeah that's it, you know the story....

I always tried to do some study of a language of the area I travelled. It made for some nice exchanges with people. They like it when you make an effort to learn their culture. Asian languages can be tricky, especially when are written word can be said several different ways and mean completely different things lol.
Yeah totally, I rode a horse, I ate a horse, I f#$ked a horse, all through different ways of saying the same thing

I worked in Greece once, we were in the Northern Agean Islands; Alonnisos. Working for peanuts in this garage and they didn't see a lot of tech in this part of the world. My friend who duped me into coming was working on a Alpha Romeo, trying to figure out a problem. I said let's just take it out for a drive and see, and we were fixing yatchs so we needed a car to remove a motor to get it fixed. We were off, then the car broke down. I was a mechanic once, I got under the hood, found a transistor for the ignition overheating, I said to my headband wearing mate, give me your headband. I went back into the car, because in Europe there is always bottled water in a car. Wrapped the ignition module in his bandana, doused it with water and just dropped the hood to allow air flow without closing it. It ran all the way to the destination and back. Because di-electric fields break down and cause excessive heat, and I just kept it cool. We got back to the garage, and my friend exchanged talk with talk. You know when I got there, they wouldnt talk to me, not even acklowledge if I said good Morning. I asked my friend why, he said, oh you know, they just think you've got to show a little before they think you're OK.
Anyway after the monkey talk, he came back to me and said; "you just went from honeysuckle status to god status, these guys will say hello to you every morning from now!".

I worked in Greece once, we were in the Northern Agean Islands; Alonnisos. Working for peanuts in this garage and they didn't see a lot of tech in this part of the world. My friend who duped me into coming was working on a Alpha Romeo, trying to figure out a problem. I said let's just take it out for a drive and see, and we were fixing yatchs so we needed a car to remove a motor to get it fixed. We were off, then the car broke down. I was a mechanic once, I got under the hood, found a transistor for the ignition overheating, I said to my headband wearing mate, give me your headband. I went back into the car, because in Europe there is always bottled water in a car. Wrapped the ignition module in his bandana, doused it with water and just dropped the hood to allow air flow without closing it. It ran all the way to the destination and back. Because di-electric fields break down and cause excessive heat, and I just kept it cool. We got back to the garage, and my friend exchanged talk with talk. You know when I got there, they wouldnt talk to me, not even acklowledge if I said good Morning. I asked my friend why, he said, oh you know, they just think you've got to show a little before they think you're OK.
Anyway after the monkey talk, he came back to me and said; "you just went from honeysuckle status to god status, these guys will say hello to you every morning from now!".
That was a typo, I went from honeysuckle status to god status.

Latest posts

Back