Travel Experiences

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where have you traveled outside of your country? Anything memorable to note? Bucket list destinations?

I've traveled a fair bit; USA (including Alaska, but not Hawaii), Canada, Mexico, Bali, Indonesia, Malaysia, Japan, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Thailand, UK, central Europe, Greece, Maldives, New Zealand. I thought we were under fire when in Mexico in '99, but it was just a local midnight celebration with scary fireworks lol. Vietnam is an amazing place with wonderful people.

I doubt that I will ever travel overseas again, unless I can afford business or first class, but the Scandanavian region and Caribbean have always been on my bucket list. Africa and South America were once on my list to see, but I've lost interest, although I have watched many many travel shows, documentaries and vlogs to satiate my interest.

These days I just travel within my own country often camping.
Only traveling I've ever done besides northern Quebec and a quick visit to Ottawa, was a long time ago. I crossed the US by bus from Montreal to Idaho. The reasons are rather complicated and a lot happened on the trip, but it was a great experience. I met many interesting people who made an impact in my life. Made me love the US.

My main memory was of loneliness. I spent an entire afternoon sitting on the promenade under the Sydney Harbour Bridge thinking about why I was doing this so late.

For the first few days all I could think about was the backpackers in their twenties everywhere. Eventually I got over that, managed to keep the negative thoughts in check then enjoyed the last few days.

I plan on Japan later this year: Tokyo, bullet train to Kyoto, then Osaka. I know what'll be like: , young Japanese out with their friends enjoying the nightlife. On my own as a foreigner I'll be like a ghost there, but I'm determined to see something outside of New Zealand.

Last edited:
Only traveling I've ever done besides northern Quebec and a quick visit to Ottawa, was a long time ago. I crossed the US by bus from Montreal to Idaho. The reasons are rather complicated and a lot happened on the trip, but it was a great experience. I met many interesting people who made an impact in my life. Made me love the US.
sounds dodgey to me lmao

.....Tokyo, bullet train to Kyoto, then Osaka. I know what'll be like: , young Japanese out with their friends enjoying the nightlife. On my own as a foreigner I'll be like a ghost there, but I'm determined to see something outside of New Zealand.
No way you'll be invisible man. You'll stand out like the proverbial. I had a brief stop in Japan, but I'd like to go back and stay a couple weeks. You might be surprised mate, especially if you engage a bit. People can be quite embracing and helpful and intrigued by foreigners; especially us cool ANZACs :)

How nice. It looks beautiful there.
It was amazing,the sun there doesn't go down until midnight,I loved it there,apparently my mom has some family that were from there,and now their kids live there,my uncle's wife did the ancicetry thing online,and that's why I went to Norway,after finding out that my mom and I are part Norwegian,my uncle's wife paid for our trip and planned it for us to go there,I wish I could go there again,it would have been amazing to get to see the northern lights.

Enjoying a few days camping with the new trailer. Peaceful. Birds everywhere. Bit coolish, but that’s how we like it. Good for a blazing fire.

f3799476-1364-4015-9a4f-b4dc6ec4135c.jpeg

a52b8a5f-3ef3-43fb-95b7-fd78df671eb5.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back