True of False-If you wear glasses these days, you aren't even trying

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just and FYI for everyone, when someone makes a comment such as that DO NOT keep quoting their posts. If you notice we have to go and edit EVERY SINGLE post where it is quoted, editing the original does not change the others.

Thanks.

The offensive comment made me feel like less of an *******.

Are people in wheel chairs trying hard enough also. Just kidding

Knew it was a good idea to screencap it for posterity...even if just as a lesson on how to act wholly improper.

I wouldn't say you're automatically lazy. But, as someone who wears contacts whenever I leave the house, I just don't see NOT wearing them. I look so much worse with glasses (they suit some people, but not me, not by a long shot), and I find glasses extremely uncomfortable, it literally only takes about 30 seconds or less a day for me to put on contacts, and if they do start hurting or feeling uncomfortable by the end of the day, I can just take them out. What I get in return is looking a good two points better, and having more freedom and less discomfort.

But, who cares. If contacts didn't work out for you, just don't wear them. I doubt anyone is gonna give a honeysuckle, it's not like seeing someone with glasses is like seeing a unicorn. If you haven't tried them and it's bothering you, then why not just try and see if it works out for you.

I'm seriously at a loss over anti-glasses consensus.

I know I'm not the only guy who not only likes glasses on girls, but even PREFERS them.

As for why, it's hard to say. Maybe visually it means they're both smart and nerdy (traits I like very much haha), but deeper still, perhaps it is due in part to the stigma attached; like, I dislike the fake blonde look because it's synonymous to me with artificiality/superficiality (look at any Playboy magazine to know what I mean), so to me, glasses represent better than anything else, someone who's REAL. They aren't wearing a mask or trying to hide their real selves.

Not saying a girl without glasses isn't this either, or who doesn't need them, but I've found too many girls who need glasses regularly choose to go without them because of the stigma attached; and here I'M rallying for them to not be afraid to lose them. Be yourself. You look even better when you do that, regardless what the dumb 'majority' opinion is.

Lastly, I should state I don't wear glasses, unless you count sunglasses, which I do love a whole lot. Haha, I think that would bother me most about having to wear them; my sunglasses wouldn't fit anymore (and I could never wear contacts). Unless.... could you put a prescription into cool sunglasses?
I'd be into that, I think, haha.

A lot of people can't afford lasix and also find contacts to be irritating or difficult to put in.
Also: I happen to like women with glasses, and I'm more likely to pay attention to a man wearing glasses than a man wearing contacts to seem more socially presentable. I'm also a hardass in life though. I don't really give a honeysuckle about appearances beyond initial interests. People that do wear glasses though, have a certain...command to their attention because of it, which I fail to see as a problem at all.
However I can also see the many reasons why a person or person/s would get contacts or lasix instead: Glasses break and fall off easily, depending upon your profession that can be troublesome, and they can be quite expensive to replace, even more expensive if you want to stylize them.
I really do have a thing for seemingly meek women with glasses though. I'm an INFJ, Cancer, Male, introverted artist. So to me it's kinda like: "Hey...you can come outta your shell, I won't bite..." Is that weird?? That's probably weird...That definitely shouldn't sound like what it probably does sound like. :-X x_x

False. Some people really suit glasses.

However, speaking for myself, I wear glasses and contacts and I've found that people treat me differently when I am wearing contacts. I think this is probably because I am already skinny and gormless and have a honeysuckle haircut so a pair of glasses is just like the finishing touch to turn me into the archetypal nerd. Not that I care anymore. Once you're over 40 looking like a nerd is not the worst thing that can happen.

Just the thought of putting contact lenses in makes my eyes water.

I value my own comfort far above what other people think. If slipping glasses on was enough to put a potential mate off - then that person was too shallow for me anyway!

I certainly don't find glasses on a man unattractive.

I find glasses a problem but contacts are no good in a dusty or dirty work environment (in my experience you can get a grain of sand trapped between the lens and your eye which is really painful)

So if my glasses steam up or fall off whatever it is probably won't get done.

I do think girls wearing glasses looks good! The stern librarian type of thing haha.

Rofl, my dumb ass thought this was ( Who has and hasn't given up on love? )

And I was like "Nah, I didn't post nothing awful that needed to get deleted wtf."

My bad.

I wear glasses though. Get this my man. The lenses don't even fit the frame cause my ass is too broke to afford new lenses.

Glasses on ladies is fire as hell. It's a very nice looking accessory.

I don't really care about glasses on dudes. (Or ladies, but I think it looks nice. )

Latest posts

Back