UCAS personal statement

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dugthecat

Reaction score
So im trying to get in to a course, BSc (Hons) Horticulture with Plantsmanship.

I need to get my personal statement in by 24th march.

Just now im on course to finish this year with an overall distinction so that part wont mess up my application, i just need to get this part done.

My head is completely empty I dont even know where to start.

Has anyone ever done one of these before?

The tutors on your course should be helping you with your personal statement really, as they should have lots of experience helping students to write them.

As I remember, personal statements are a way for you to show what your personality is like without them actually meeting you, like what your hobbies are, why you want to study that course, what motivates you, etc. But it's been 4 years since I wrote my personal statement so everything's a bit fuzzy XD

But feel free to upload your drafts and we can have a look at them and pick them apart.

I worked for an Admissions team at a uni once and remember the tutors sifting through hundreds of applications and they always said that besides making the entry grades, an ideal candidate demonstrates a genuine passion for the subject.
You'd be surprised how many people apply for a course, but sometimes are not that convincing that they liked the subject that much, let alone stick at it for up to 3/4yrs! true story.

More often than not, a personal statement is a deciding factor, between yourself and someone else being accepted, especially when places are limited. So, to make yours stand out, you need to be positive and pin point evidence that you're keen and interested (e.g past study highlights, trips, experience outside school, people who've inspired you in the field, future career intentions).

Also, get someone to proof read it, grammar and spell check it and make it neat... all a plus!
Have a look at this website, you might find it helps: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...ent-Ucas-guide-to-the-personal-statement.html

Good luck with your application! ~

Latest posts

Back