uk meetup?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to arrange a meetup a while back but I was unable to see it through. I hope this one works better. I can get to Derby. I can't promise my anxiety won't get the better of me and have me chicken out on the day but I like the idea of joining in this meetup!

Can I suggest at the end the final details eg time and date of the meetup get PMd to those who want to attend and not posted publicly? Never know who is reading public posts!

You're right, we should keep the final details private.

What you mention about anxiety is something we all will have to grapple with if we do this, I have been in situations in the past where I have had to face up to it but I've been so glad I did because the rewards were immense :)

itsmylife said:
I tried to arrange a meetup a while back but I was unable to see it through. I hope this one works better. I can get to Derby. I can't promise my anxiety won't get the better of me and have me chicken out on the day but I like the idea of joining in this meetup!

Can I suggest at the end the final details eg time and date of the meetup get PMd to those who want to attend and not posted publicly? Never know who is reading public posts!

Agreed - all details will be done by PM

I think it'll be a big deal for a lot of people - the travelling, meeting people you've never met before, staying in a hotel...I'm nervous myself. But I think it will be so rewarding :)

h3donist said:
I think it'll be a big deal for a lot of people - the travelling, meeting people you've never met before, staying in a hotel...I'm nervous myself. But I think it will be so rewarding :)

Definitely. To all points!

Hello, I could get to Derby, however I've never actually met up with anyone before and I dont know if I'd actually dare do it lol! I'm quite a shy, anxious person :)

Dreamer, I'm terrified.

But we only get so many chances to do amazing stuff like this, so I'm gonna just go for it. We are all gonna be scared so lets support each other and take the plunge, eh? :D

Dreamer88 said:
Hello, I could get to Derby, however I've never actually met up with anyone before and I dont know if I'd actually dare do it lol! I'm quite a shy, anxious person :)

Scootch said:
Dreamer, I'm terrified.

But we only get so many chances to do amazing stuff like this, so I'm gonna just go for it. We are all gonna be scared so lets support each other and take the plunge, eh? :D

Dreamer88 said:

Me too. I've met people I've only ever met online before (a BB like this back in the 90s and a few friends I met via Facebook a couple of years ago) and it's been such a rewarding experience. We must do this :)

Once we have a good list of people and an agreed date and location I'll take everyone's email address and we can communicate using that rather than a public forum, then if you have any worries or concerns about the arrangements, or just feeling like you'll be too shy to meet, we can help and support each other, which of course is the very ethos of this website.

We are all in the same boat with regards to shyness and apprehension so as long as we all support each other there's no reason why we can't all make it and have a wonderful day together :)

Well, I'm not making any promises but I'll definately think about it!
It would be great to meet up with everyone :)

Dreamer88 said:
Well, I'm not making any promises but I'll definately think about it!
It would be great to meet up with everyone :)

Absolutely :)

Any other UK A.L.L-ers fancy meeting up in the summer? It'd be great to meet you..

Just thought I'd bump this again in case we've had some new UK based members who fancies meeting up somewhere this summer. Or indeed anyone abroad who wants to travel? Would be lovely to meet you all :)

Come on, lets have a summers day in a park somewhere nice, we could have a big picnic with cakes and Pimms and scones and play frisbee and make daisy chains and...

This.

h3donist said:
Just thought I'd bump this again in case we've had some new UK based members who fancies meeting up somewhere this summer. Or indeed anyone abroad who wants to travel? Would be lovely to meet you all :)

Come on, lets have a summers day in a park somewhere nice, we could have a big picnic with cakes and Pimms and scones and play frisbee and make daisy chains and...

ace :)
Is this happening then? I thought it'd died.
Be sweet if this happens :) Picnic in Derby sounds good to me :)
It seems criminal not to - my understanding is this has to be the one place where people a can be safe to be whoever and are welcome just cos they showed up! No one would need to worry how much or how little they said/ how anxious they seemed cos other people would get it and acccept it. Has to be the one place we're all in the same boat.
:)

I'm still up for this. Can't play catch the frisbee but I can play miss the frisbee and fall over :)

also by the way I really like you sig eve was framed..

haha we can play it together then, I can throw the thrisbee a bit too vertical instead of horizontal and you can miss the frizbee that didn't come within a hundred yards of you anyway - we should try n get three or more people to set a date then work from that I reckon, may or june sometime is good for me if that's ok with other people? :)

just noted the suggestion of scones and alcohol above as well so am definitely gonna move heaven and earth to make this happen :)

Latest posts

Back