unemployed loners.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anime girlboy

Reaction score
what do you do with your time?

i play TF2, drink coffee and eat a lot of chocolate. and when i sleep i hug my pillow and pretend it is my ex.

I'm employed because I'd die if I werent, but I play TF2, drink coffee, and I too hug my pillow. >.<

what really?! crazy. i think id die if i were employed. i would hate to be dealing with the general public and crap, i am not one to hide my feelings and id probably get fired for obnoxiousness or snappiness.

anime girlboy said:
what really?! crazy. i think id die if i were employed. i would hate to be dealing with the general public and crap, i am not one to hide my feelings and id probably get fired for obnoxiousness or snappiness.

Gotta pay my rent and internet bill :p To have things in life, you have to work...so to be happy, and productive, I have to have a job. That's how I look at it.

For the time being, it's just that: A job. It's not my end goal. But it's easy enough work aside from the sweat and occasional blood-letting...all I have to do is grab trees or brush that've been cut down, and drag them to a brush pile or our chipper. And we wear earplugs, so it's not like I have to associate with my miserable lot of coworkers aside from lunch and breaks.

I speak my mind too, but among my actual circle of friends (which aint huge, truth be told) that's respected.

How old are ya if you don't mind my asking?

some jobs arent about dealing with the public. jobs are cool, it gives you nice things, and a feeling of accomplishment. and you dont have to beg your parents for the cheapest, low-end piece of crap they could find.

unless your wealthy parents have provided with everything you want and need. in that case, you will need a job in the future when they are gone. or you've won a good amount of money on lottery or something.

you really hate jobs that much??

i hate jobs too, but if i found a job i love doing, make money at the same time, than its all good.

i play tf2 too, you all should give me your steam account names.

Brian said:
I'm employed because I'd die if I werent, but I play TF2, drink coffee, and I too hug my pillow. >.<

Same here, when I was out of work I generally found myself slowly sinking further and further into depression. I think I have to work or else I really can't even motivate myself to even leave bed in the morning, let alone do anything else. Work really gives me a purpose and I enjoy it most of the time. I am off work this week and although it's good to have a break I have to consiously plan my day ahead or I just end up doing nothing at all.

What's TF2 BTW?

Edit: oh and in a literal sense, yeah I'd also die sooner or later cos no-one else is gonna pay the rent and buy food!

I got pretty depressed last winter due to unemployment. Three feet of snow on the ground and heavy snow load in the trees tends to prevent us from cutting brush very effectively :p We got to shovel some roofs for a while in late winter though, which was an entirely new experience for me. Met a lot of interesting people hired as temporary labor, and I lead a busy, different sort of life for awhile: Shoveling snow for 8-10 hours a day (nothing compared to my boss who shoveled for 24 straight hours once....holy ****), and plowing driveways as my own project in the evening and early morning.

Anyway. After that it stopped snowing enough to require shoveling, but it was still too packed to be in the woods, so I was depressed and unemployed again for a while :p

TF2 is Team Fortress 2. It's a really fun online shooter with a great comedic aspect to it's art design.

SighX99, I posted my Steam name in your thread :)

ive been unemployed for like 5 months now and im starting to lose it. no actually. i lost it a long time ago
i have a girl friend now which i have no idea how i got, but we totally clicked and you cant stop love, she helps me with the self confidence and remembering myslef and staying un lost.
layed around all lazy today, should have been more productive, im going to die soon

i miss money.........my life is weird

Brian said:
anime girlboy said:

Gotta pay my rent and internet bill :p To have things in life, you have to work...so to be happy, and productive, I have to have a job. That's how I look at it.

hmm, i guess. im not a materialist though. most of my days are spent with friends, whether its watching anime together, sitting drinking coffee having deep and meaningful's, having picnics in the park, or whatever. i hate being by myself.

Brian said:
For the time being, it's just that: A job. It's not my end goal. But it's easy enough work aside from the sweat and occasional blood-letting...all I have to do is grab trees or brush that've been cut down, and drag them to a brush pile or our chipper. And we wear earplugs, so it's not like I have to associate with my miserable lot of coworkers aside from lunch and breaks.

I speak my mind too, but among my actual circle of friends (which aint huge, truth be told) that's respected.

How old are ya if you don't mind my asking?

im 18. i get welfare, but im studying, so you cant really lump me into the welfare bludger stereotype.

no offense but i would hate to cut down trees :( i love trees! they are pretty.

Yeah, but they're renewable. Actually the way we clear brush (and the way modern logging works, though we aren't loggers really), the forest is healthier when we're done. When trees grow too close together and brush fills in the gaps, you get spindly, sick trees that look like toothpicks. Thinned out, with room to grow and a proper overstory (tall trees) shading the trees that don't like lots of sun, you get fuller, healthier trees that are actually much nicer looking :)

Make a circle with your thumbs and index fingers and that's about the biggest tree we cut. The exception are dying, beetle-infested trees...those get cut and burned immediately so the beetles dont spread to the other trees.

Ofcourse, you won't really notice the effects for at least 10 years probably...but still.

Then, if you're logging it, by the time you cut down your big trees for logs, the trees that were saplings so long ago are mature. It's all about leaving the right mix of species and sizes.

...It's way more boring than it sounds.

i didnt really want this thread to be political. i have felt that this forum should be emotionally centered, to be like a internet shoulder to lean on. my views are not going to change anytime soon, and i sure dont want to be spreading propaganda. i read that oceanmist23 was unemployed at one point so i started a thread to see if others are or have been, and what they did in that time.

that said, the short answer is no, the long answer is yes.

i have worked part time, and then had a regular day job for almost a year. i do not want to be working again any time soon. my life is a million times better unemployed, so i will work hard to keep it that way(ironic?).

there are more reasons than i can list to be unemployed. one reason relevant to this forum would be that i do not want to be lonely in a crowded room, meaning i do not want to be forced to get up feeling like honeysuckle and having to work for someone, to give them my labor. my life is precious... i do not want to spend a second of it for anyone else. i would rather be lonely and alone, than lonely surrounded by managers, bosses, other authoritarians. i would rather sit in my room and do something useful for myself like learning something new, contributing to discussions, or going out doing volunteer work(Food Not Bombs is an example). also, i would rather do volunteer work i know i am putting my heart and soul in for a good cause, rather than work for a huge MNC like McDonalds or some telemarketing company(where i worked before). lots of jobs are just plain unethical. i dont want to contribute to that.

i will also be travelling alot. im leaving to travel soon, maybe for a month, maybe a year, or two years, or more.

anyway, the long answer is yes because eventually i will settle down to live at least for a year in one location. ive had tastes of living away from home, and i love it. once i get my nurse's degree i wouldnt mind paying taxes and working shifts and all that.

Best of luck then on that. If your actively studying and hope to go into a future career, then I don't think you should feel immensely pressured to get a job straight away. Alot of people take unemployment but study at the same time for future career prospects. Not everyone can cope with full-time study and getting a job at the same time.

However, don't expect to become a nurse straight away. Your going to need experiance, especially if working abroad. And travelling also costs money. ALOT of money, especially with the economy being as it is. My advice? Make sure you save up but do some voluntary one day if you can for experiance. Looks good on the CVs.

anime girlboy said:
i read that oceanmist23 was unemployed at one point so i started a thread to see if others are or have been, and what they did in that time.

Did I hear someone say my name...? How nice! :D

I'm still unemployed btw. Been unemployed since the middle of May. I both want to and need to work, but I don't want to have a job I'm not happy with. That's very important to me. The last job I had caused me lots of health problems, and my managers (a married couple) didn't treat us employees very nice. I was happy to hear that they resigned a couple of months ago, since they were dragging a new business down in the mud with their poor managing. (Had to get that off my chest lol).

I need to work in order to pay my bills, but also in order to have something to do every day. Sitting in my flat and having nothing to do isn't making me very happy. I'm happy when I have something to keep me occupied with, which at the same time is something I actually care about.

My dream job would be to work in an animal shelter. I know the pay isn't much to speak of, but if I could work in an animal shelter as a second job I would be really happy. Nothing makes me happier than helping animals :)
So what would be perfect for me would be to work part time in a pet shop or health food shop, and part time in an animal shelter. Then I get the best of both worlds for me.

The point is to do something that makes you happy, whether that's working or not is all the same I think, as long as you're able to pay your bills. My sister is a very creative person, and she's never enjoyed having an ordinary job. She's been unemployed for many years. She would much rather make a living on her art, something I hope she'll be able to do soon.

Do what makes you happy! (but keep it legal lol) :D

Oh and good luck on your nurses degree! :)

I've been unemployed for about...9 months now. At first, it was a relief. My old job made me so depressed, that I just wanted to curl up into a ball rather than walking out of the back office and facing all of those people... I can deal with people; I'm nice, polite, and can force a bit of small talk if necessary, but having to deal with literally hundreds of people 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and with over 60% of them grumpy, rude, aggressive, and stupid...it kinda wasn't worth it. But...now I miss having that money, but when I worked there, it seemed like I didn't really have the chance to enjoy it; that place seemed to suck the life out of me. I need to find something really soon though. Blah. v.v

Its never easy... Finding a job, finding a companion. It needs to be one you will enjoy.

btw Oceanmist I love your signature, and the number 23 lol.

Late into the convo, but oooh well...

I'm unemployed, basically because I'm clinically /b/tarded.
No, but I have too many emotional problems (and otherwise) to be able to work.
So what do I do?
Besides hug my pillow for comfort?
(I can't believe it, I thought I was the only one again!)
Um... well, nothing beats staring at the wall for a few hours; wasting time online checking your email every five minutes just to see if *by chance* "SHE" may have written; cultivating Anomie; smoking (the usual).
well okay... I don't really do all of that stuff (at least not all at once), sometimes I even go over to my friend's house. (self-lulz hahaha) Then we smoke more.

Before I realized I was completely insane, I was just into the occult. Now, my life practically revolves around loneliness. (oddly enough, I can't stand Emo:D yay!)

Latest posts

Back