Unemployed, out-of-school, and completely useless.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you're into that, of course. Although that's derailing from the topic.

Do something about it man, get up! I don't know, go play music on the street, see if people like it. Play music in the park. Sit down next to a homeless guy and play music and give the money you earn to the man! I don't know! :D

Rainbows said:

Do something about it man, get up! I don't know, go play music on the street, see if people like it. Play music in the park. Sit down next to a homeless guy and play music and give the money you earn to the man! I don't know! :D

I never was very good and never really impressed anyone, so I gave it a break and went into a new direction, which is as of right now a dead end street...

anthonyS13 said:
Rainbows said:

I never was very good and never really impressed anyone, so I gave it a break and went into a new direction, which is as of right now a dead end street...

It's not a direction if it's a dead end.

Rainbows said:
Nicolelt said:
anthonyS13 said:
Rainbows said:
Nicolelt said:
Yea, but if you don't feel good about yourself, you are never going to let anyone care or like you.

Or you're going to ruin yourself and the person in question.

I want to be helped... I want to feel like I am more able to find a solution. But everyone around me seems to turn a blind eye to what I need, because they're disappointed and seemingly ashamed to be around me. I can't feel good about myself if no one can accept me or have me around. It's as if I was born to be disliked and ignored.

Then seek help. Go to a counselor. I had too. I had no idea what I wanted to with life, or where to go, and my friends and family could not help me. It wasn't their job. I got help, and it lead me to go to a different university, where I met more people and pursued something I liked.

And if people want to ignore you and dislike you, fresia 'em, find new friends.

Don't literally fresia them though, that's not the perfect way to part ways.

I wish I had the money and someone willing to take me to a person who can give me an answer. I cannot get out of here.

Rainbows said:
anthonyS13 said:
Rainbows said:

It's not a direction if it's a dead end.

I thought I'd be able to find an answer to what I want to do with my life while out in the working world. So I dropped school, as it was getting me nowhere. Then I looked for work all last summer, up until today, to no avail. That's how much no one needs me here.

Do you have temp agencies where you live? They need all kinds of people, from zero experience to experience out the wazoo. You seem to know how to type. Office jobs are everywhere. That's a start.

Case said:
Do you have temp agencies where you live? They need all kinds of people, from zero experience to experience out the wazoo. You seem to know how to type. Office jobs are everywhere. That's a start.

It could be a start. I just hope there is a position for a relatively inexperienced employee. I just hope someone wants me.

anthonyS13 said:
Case said:

It could be a start. I just hope there is a position for a relatively inexperienced employee. I just hope someone wants me.

This is great advice. They also may help you with interview and resume skills that will make people want you.

Was reminded about how useless I am by my own family... Things are just worse, and I can't get out of here and find a place where people want me. I am scared and deeply depressed...

anthonyS13 said:
PieBeNice said:
What were you studying?

I'm not even sure I had a clear profession I was studying. I took some music classes such as Audio Production and Music Theory, but it was so frustratingly complicating to me that I promised to not put my mind through that kind of stress and embarrassment again. I'm all alone here, and I want to leave all this behind and love with someone who will care and help me get on some kind of path. I need to live somewhere new.

sometimes it's difficult to understand what is our real path because we think we are supposed to do some things, because we decided it at some point or because someone else decided that for us. Because our heart isn't really there, usually our attempts don't work out and end up feeling empty and useless.

Perhaps as you say you need a fresh start, and also really spend time trying new things until you find something that I truly enjoy? Look for suggestions in your favorite songs, films, games, what you liked to do as a child, or something that you never stopped doing no matter what? Because that is your true passion. all the best

Latest posts

Back