Used at work

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonelytoday

Reaction score
When I took the job I knew that I would probably someday be a scapegoat. 
I have had people barely train me in positions only to complain that I just wasn't getting it. When I asked for training once one of my CO workers blatantly said job security.... 
So the position I am in they showed me one thing one week and then changed it completely up. 
Anyway, we have been working late stuff comes in late it gets worked, I inspect it it gets reworked.. And since it came in after 5 it doesn't get sent out until late. So I think they are blaming the late nights on me.
So they are moving me over yo assembly to inspect some of their work but I have been given 3 different descriptions of what I am suppose to be doing by 3 different people. I think I am once again going to barely be trained so that I don't get it.
There were two comments made that disturbed me one was I only teach things once I expect people to get it the first time and the second one was nobody told me I was gonna be teaching you that, why can't so and so.. And they should leave a person where they are at until they are good at.. 
I am 53 and finding a job at my age is difficult.

You're in a difficult position, I'm reading you on that. Doesn't sound like your job is all that friendly of a place. I don't have any solutions for you but I'm sympathetic to your plight. Be nice if things were more fair.

I had a simiar issue
Was covering a guy while he went on vacation
I had asked him about couriering dangerous goods ...ie chemicals
He told me dont worry about dangerous goods just ship
A gallon of paint leaked in the couriers sorting system and such the facility down because this stuff leaked everywhere and really stunk
I got hauled in by a manager as well as a courier rep
When questioned i told them ...he told me not to do anything diiferently when i specifally asked
It was the same thing ....he didnt want anyone knowing his job

Even with an adequate job of training, it can take some time to get the hang of things. It doesn't sound like you are getting either the training or the time to settle in. Hopefully things get better and someone decides to be a little more helpful to the new guy.

Latest posts

Back