Venting.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Tripper

Reaction score
Well I just got dumped......she just didn't want me anymore.....I still don't understand why exactly.........what do you really even say in response to that....how can you make a plea to somebody who flat out doesn't want you......after a relationship of two years.....she pretty much just wakes up and decides her life is better off without me......she offered to be my friend though.....with conditions.....we would only talk one or twice a month.....and only about casual common-place things......I said no.....I cleared out a bunch of her stuff and just needed to vent.....although looking back this doesn't even sound like a real vent or rant.....I don't know.....I'm still in shock over what happened....and I just needed to say something to somebody.....I thought about posting it in the Relationship section but it seemed to fit in with Loneliness more.....since I'm alone and lonely now....I hope this doesn't sound too whiny......thank you for listening.

That's why you should wait until marriage. De facto relationships are not worth having and lead a person into heartache and regret. You're another one of her "learning experiences" ; there was no obligation or committment there. Women think less of men who have no moral codes, despite what society says.
My own socially conservative point of view there, but you need not be religious to make a case for restricting sexual live-in relationships to marriage.

once or twice a month? sounds like the person I dated for 2 years only to find out that we weren't actually dating. We would watch tv about once a month together and that was it. We couldn't even figure out how kissing works.
She thought of me as just a friend. I loved her. She had no feelings for me.

blackdot said:
once or twice a month? sounds like the person I dated for 2 years only to find out that we weren't actually dating. We would watch tv about once a month together and that was it. We couldn't even figure out how kissing works.

Ouch! Sounds like you shoudl've figure out what was up at the beginning. :S

well, given that I was 35 when we met and she was 28 and neither of us knew how to date cause neither of us had ever tried it, we didn't know what to do.
I was just happy to have someone to occasionally talk to. Someone that understood me and who laughed. I'm simple that way. That was all I needed.

Well this doesn't just happen in dating or simple relationships...this happens in marriages too. Adding onto what Rdor said. I do agree with you to an extent... but some people ditch marriages in a heartbeat as well unfortunately.

I am sorry to hear about your loss, and that's unfortunate that she didn't feel the same way perhaps. I hope things will get better.

Jack Tripper said:
Well I just got dumped......she just didn't want me anymore.....I still don't understand why exactly.........what do you really even say in response to that....how can you make a plea to somebody who flat out doesn't want you......after a relationship of two years.....she pretty much just wakes up and decides her life is better off without me......she offered to be my friend though.....with conditions.....we would only talk one or twice a month.....and only about casual common-place things......I said no.....I cleared out a bunch of her stuff and just needed to vent.....although looking back this doesn't even sound like a real vent or rant.....I don't know.....I'm still in shock over what happened....and I just needed to say something to somebody.....I thought about posting it in the Relationship section but it seemed to fit in with Loneliness more.....since I'm alone and lonely now....I hope this doesn't sound too whiny......thank you for listening.

Sounds very harsh on you. Who knows what goes on in people's heads though? Haven't you asked her why?

In a lonely place said:
Jack Tripper said:

Sounds very harsh on you. Who knows what goes on in people's heads though? Haven't you asked her why?

Yeah I did....she wanted to focus on herself...plus some other person stuff.....it didn't make a lot of sense to me really.

SophiaGrace said:
wow once or twice a month?!

sounds extreme.

That's what I thought.....and she claimed "that's what friends do".

One of my exgf did that to me. We were together for a long time. Almost 13 years.
The last 3 year got worst and rather odd. Experinced a lot of new territory stuff
you never think about about...Such as having BREAK UP sex.
Like WTF was that all about??? We saperated so many times it go retarded.

Half of her stuff was over her mothers and she was suppost to be living with
her mother...but she would sneak out of the house like a freaken teenager
and come sleep with me everynight. Jesus fucken christ...why even bother separating.

Did the lets just be roomates. 3 days later we're sleeping in the same bed again.

It get really, really wierd when you experince the crazy honeysuckle the first time.

None of it makesense. Half of the time i thought she lost her fucken mind
cuasing me to loose my fucken mind trying to figure her honeysuckle out.lmao

At the end of it.. its exactly what she did. Say that we're breaking up...
But it wasnt the first time ...so i didnt know what the hell.lol
She would call me everyday and talk to me.
Gradually she'll call less and less. Graually she didnt wanna talk to me anymore.

It's like a winging off process. Maybe that's her intensions.
She might have gotten some advice to go about it like that.
So it's not as painful. Kind of like going through a withdraws.

Some people say to just break all ties..no matter how painful
it might feel at first...So you'll heal and move on faster.
So you dont go through that RENEGOCIATION song and dance.

Kind of like hard love or soft love.
Soft break up or hard break up........

Did that song and dance with Sherry for 3 years...that's longer than you been with your GF.lol

It went kind of like that for Sassy and I. Even though we didnt formally talked about it.
After I left her...She were techically still together. She would call me everyday for over a month.
I just couldnt deal with it anymore...so I broke it off with her. Still very hard to hear her cry her heart out.
Say hurtful honeysuckle to her so she hate me so god **** much that she wouldnt want anything to do with me.
Spent all day screaming at each other and crying. Its messed up like that...cuase I still love her.
NOW THAT SHE LEARNED TO HATE ME..SHE's FINALLY SET FREE.....
I wasnt about to go into an open relationship with her, being long distance apart for 9 more months.
And have all those fucken crazy thoughts of her being with other guys and me wacking off for 9 months.
Guys hit up on her enough as it is when I was with her. The mother fucken curse of loving a pretty chick.
All the swinging dicks want a piece of her ass...it's messed up like that.
After the 9 months...we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

There's reasons on your relationships. You simply just gatta sit down and sort the honeysuckle out and get
honest and mature about a lot of stuff. People dont break up without reasons.
There's a reason for everything.....

rdor said:
That's why you should wait until marriage. De facto relationships are not worth having and lead a person into heartache and regret. You're another one of her "learning experiences" ; there was no obligation or committment there. Women think less of men who have no moral codes, despite what society says.
My own socially conservative point of view there, but you need not be religious to make a case for restricting sexual live-in relationships to marriage.

What til marriage for what?
I may have missed something (don't think I did, though), but he didn't mention anything too specific in there about the relationship. Also, how can you get married if you don't have relationships to find out who is the right person to marry.
Marriage isn't all that special anyway, IMO. It's only a piece of paper, doesn't change anything.

blackdot said:

I don't think she had a lot of feelings for me either....I sort of knew that.....but I was lonely.....when your lonely you hold on to every relationship you can get.....or well....at least I do.

Lonesome Crow said:
One of my exgf did that to me. We were together for a long time. Almost 13 years.
The last 3 year got worst and rather odd. Experinced a lot of new territory stuff
you never think about about...Such as having BREAK UP sex.
Like WTF was that all about??? We saperated so many times it go retarded.

Half of her stuff was over her mothers and she was suppost to be living with
her mother...but she would sneak out of the house like a freaken teenager
and come sleep with me everynight. Jesus fucken christ...why even bother separating.

Did the lets just be roomates. 3 days later we're sleeping in the same bed again.

It get really, really wierd when you experince the crazy honeysuckle the first time.

None of it makesense. Half of the time i thought she lost her fucken mind
cuasing me to loose my fucken mind trying to figure her honeysuckle out.lmao

At the end of it.. its exactly what she did. Say that we're breaking up...
But it wasnt the first time ...so i didnt know what the hell.lol
She would call me everyday and talk to me.
Gradually she'll call less and less. Graually she didnt wanna talk to me anymore.

It's like a winging off process. Maybe that's her intensions.
She might have gotten some advice to go about it like that.
So it's not as painful. Kind of like going through a withdraws.

Some people say to just break all ties..no matter how painful
it might feel at first...So you'll heal and move on faster.
So you dont go through that RENEGOCIATION song and dance.

Kind of like hard love or soft love.
Soft break up or hard break up........

Did that song and dance with Sherry for 3 years...that's longer than you been with your GF.lol

It went kind of like that for Sassy and I. Even though we didnt formally talked about it.
After I left her...She were techically still together. She would call me everyday for over a month.
I just couldnt deal with it anymore...so I broke it off with her. Still very hard to hear her cry her heart out.
Say hurtful honeysuckle to her so she hate me so god **** much that she wouldnt want anything to do with me.
Spent all day screaming at each other and crying. Its messed up like that...cuase I still love her.
NOW THAT SHE LEARNED TO HATE ME..SHE's FINALLY SET FREE.....
I wasnt about to go into an open relationship with her, being long distance apart for 9 more months.
And have all those fucken crazy thoughts of her being with other guys and me wacking off for 9 months.
Guys hit up on her enough as it is when I was with her. The mother fucken curse of loving a pretty chick.
All the swinging dicks want a piece of her ass...it's messed up like that.
After the 9 months...we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Mine was sort of like that for the past year.....let's break up....let's be friends.....friends who talk now and then.....no....let's get back together....I miss you too much.....no...it's not working out or me....let's be friends....but only talk twice a month.......maybe we're better off without these people in our lives.

LoneKiller said:
I'm sorry to hear this. Breakups can be very hurtful. If you need to talk, I'm here chief.

Thank you, I really appreciate that :)

LoL...
I know I would be better off but my heart dosnt feel that way right now...
Dose your?

The wounds are rather still raw...

Ive known Sassy since i was a teen. It was round number 5.
I ma go for broke and break my own record.
Not sure what feels better...the romance of going in
or the pains of coming out...It hurts so good.lol
Life gets rather dull and boring without her. TOO much peace.
She knows how spark things up and set my soul on fire.lol

Anyway...I hope you're feeling better today.
Roller coastaaaa...your love is like a roller coastaa..Ahh Hoo hooo hoooo :)

Lonesome Crow I hope you find what you are looking for, your relationships seemed messed tho, but then agian whos isnt right? And there aint nothing wrong with dating a hot chick, as long as you are secure about yourself, why wld she leave you??? If you push her away then what do you expect LC?
Jack Tripper Im really sorry she left you without giving you a real reason, she shld of maned-up (technically womaned-up, you know what I mean), it takes the piss when people dont say why they want honeysuckle over, its chicken shite. The only advice I can give you is to try and heal with a bit of positivity coz not all girls are like her. Im sorry about your situation and if you need a chat, holla (PM)...

Lonesome Crow said:
LoL...
I know I would be better off but my heart dosnt feel that way right now...
Dose your?

The wounds are rather still raw...

Ive known Sassy since i was a teen. It was round number 5.
I ma go for broke and break my own record.
Not sure what feels better...the romance of going in
or the pains of coming out...It hurts so good.lol
Life gets rather dull and boring without her. TOO much peace.
She knows how spark things up and set my soul on fire.lol

Anyway...I hope you're feeling better today.
Roller coastaaaa...your love is like a roller coastaa..Ahh Hoo hooo hoooo :)

Thanks...I am sort of feeling better about it.....but usually I sort of make myself think "I don't give a fu*k" ......and then after a few weeks realize that I do.

Sort of makes sense in a way....feels great going in....sucks at the end....and it does get dull when you're not in a relationship....at least for me....the day to day becomes overly mundane.

Broken_n_Lost said:
Jack Tripper Im really sorry she left you without giving you a real reason, she shld of maned-up (technically womaned-up, you know what I mean), it takes the piss when people dont say why they want honeysuckle over, its chicken shite. The only advice I can give you is to try and heal with a bit of positivity coz not all girls are like her. Im sorry about your situation and if you need a chat, holla (PM)...

Thanks....I am trying to think positively about it.

You knew her for 2 years one would think you could work things out, maybe if you try to talk her more about it you could feel better.
Must've been hard man, Good Luck

Callie said:
rdor said:

What til marriage for what?
I may have missed something (don't think I did, though), but he didn't mention anything too specific in there about the relationship. Also, how can you get married if you don't have relationships to find out who is the right person to marry.
Marriage isn't all that special anyway, IMO. It's only a piece of paper, doesn't change anything.

Er, it's a formalised committment in front of friends and family stating that you intend to spend the rest of your life with someone. On the other hand De facto relationships imply either "wer'e togethor for as long as I find you attractive" or a "try before you buy" arrangement. Marriages that follow them are more likely to fail - statistical fact. What women think, when all the non-judgemental moral relativism is out of the way, is that men fall into these relationships so they can get regular committment-free sex (whether true or not) and thus have no problem with ending it for the simple reason of being tired of the guy, or generally bored.

Latest posts

Back