Verbal Abuse....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arcane said:
I have been with my fiance for over 3 years now..we broke up for a few weeks somewhere in there...and then got together. During the time we broke up I was with other people. The reason we broke up is because he found out I was flirting with and seeking attention from other "people" I did this because I grew tired of him being mean to me every other day...he blames everything on being OCD and did a lot of mean things to me. I did to him too...but he always went to far...I could never leave him so I just pushed the pain down until i resented him so bad I just would get attention from whoever I could. I never got physical while we were together...
Every day he makes vile comments at me...calling me a slut whore...he mocks me and asks me horrible questions like , so how many guys did you fresia FIVE? Did you like it? He makes me cry for hours and I'm on medication because I hate myself so much and have such horrible anxienty. He will do this to me for days at a time because he says its
"expressing how he feels" I tell him it's more than that its verbal abuse...

it's just so hard i don't know what to do it's even hard to write about...hopefully this made some sense...i would really appreciate any comments.....or advice..
Any advice?>?? get the fresia out of the relationship,,,,,,,,,,is that that hard....no magical advice here, girl,,,no tarot cards, no pils,
What is he paying you bills
? that is the only reason why you would stick like mud and still be treated like dirt.

Sprint said:
I don't see you sticking around here long lol.

she asked for advice...so i told her the most reasonable advice there is leave.
If she is getting treated like honeysuckle that is on her.
We are all grown people here, why should 30+ plus years mods be offended.i didnt do anything wrong. Sometimes you need tough love.

Arcane said:
...I am just sick of him being addicted to opiates. Yeah , another huge problem...

If you ask me, this is not a separate problem. Drug addiction changes who you are and can make you into something ugly, despite your best intentions. You said it's like he's two people, and that isn't far from the truth. Drugs, over time, create a new personality within the user. It's like a hollow, animalistic, need based thing that lives and grows inside. It takes the worst parts of a person and puts them together and builds on them to construct itself. You can still make choices, but the thing has access to your mental controls, and the longer you let it stay, the more switches it can flip.

Only he can make the choice to fight it.

RyanEhf said:
Arcane said:
...I am just sick of him being addicted to opiates. Yeah , another huge problem...

If you ask me, this is not a separate problem. Drug addiction changes who you are and can make you into something ugly, despite your best intentions. You said it's like he's two people, and that isn't far from the truth. Drugs, over time, create a new personality within the user. It's like a hollow, animalistic, need based thing that lives and grows inside. It takes the worst parts of a person and puts them together and builds on them to construct itself. You can still make choices, but the thing has access to your mental controls, and the longer you let it stay, the more switches it can flip.

Only he can make the choice to fight it.
There are safe medical detox treatments available here in Canada. I'm not sure if Medicare covers them or not though. He's got to be willing to suffer some and get clean for him. It's noble to quit for your loved ones, but you have to want it bad for yourself.

The reason so many addicts fail on that show "Intervention", is because they only went to detox for their loved ones, not so much for themselves.

Latest posts

Back