Wait for love...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you search too hard for love, then most likely you won't find real love. Too many people want love and what they don't realize is that they are searching for the feeling other than falling in love with a person. Basically they just want to fall in love with love which is like having sex with Joan Rivers: easily accomplished but difficult to get over the next day.

There is a fine balance in acquiring love.

You have to [set] (pursue) the stage for love to occur. [wait] or [initiate] the event to happen. then [choose] to accept or reject the result.

all the ingredients needs to be in balance and all work together. the feeling of loving someone may be out of your control, but you do have the choice to act on your feelings.

blackdot said:
love does not exist so no need to wait or pursue it.

Your negativity is draining

Regumika said:
There is a fine balance in acquiring love.

You have to [set] (pursue) the stage for love to occur. [wait] or [initiate] the event to happen. then [choose] to accept or reject the result.

all the ingredients needs to be in balance and all work together. the feeling of loving someone may be out of your control, but you do have the choice to act on your feelings.

I like that

I have no idea. Sometimes I pursue it, and when I fail, I give up for awhile, and wait. I'll still find myself alone, so I'll begin to pursue it again. The cycle continues, and that's the way it is for me at least.

Revengineer said:
Wait... but don't hesitate if you see an opportunity.

Completely agree. Although I believe in things come to those who wait, you also can't be lazy about it. If you see an opportunity, grab it and sink your teeth into it.

Wait for it, rather than pursue it. I don't think you can really force such a thing..but time will tell. I think love just kinda happens.

It's tricky isn't it? To wait or to pursue. If you wait.. you might lose that opportunity. If you pursue, it might just not happen for many reasons. The uncertainties in life.

Okiedokes said:
Wait for it, rather than pursue it. I don't think you can really force such a thing..but time will tell. I think love just kinda happens.

Yeah I think I agree. When I say love I don't just mean a relationship, I mean a real meaningful, lasting one. Stories about that type of thing don't usually start with "So I joined this dating website..."

I dunno though. I guess you really can't force it. But damnit, it's hard to be patient haha. I need some kind of outlet to meet more girls, cause fresia. It's about time. I always feel like I'm making progress, but it never seems to get me anywhere.

Many years ago my word processor told me (this was back in the day when you got a little message when you started it up):
"Lonely men go out and seek companionship,
lonely women sit at home and wait,
they never meet"

Might as well wait a few more years for a girl to ring my doorbell and ask me if I want to marry her.

Well, maybe it's not such a good idea after all.

jzinsky said:
Many years ago my word processor told me (this was back in the day when you got a little message when you started it up):
they never meet"

Wise, I will have to remember that

Drew88 said:
jzinsky said:
they never meet"

Heh, I STILL remember that from 1991!

I guess "persuing" love should be more like a numbers game, as in the more people you meet the more likely someone will fall for you. However on that basis I guess I shouldn't rule out being gay (err....)

jzinsky said:
Drew88 said:
jzinsky said:
they never meet"

Heh, I STILL remember that from 1991!

I guess "persuing" love should be more like a numbers game, as in the more people you meet the more likely someone will fall for you. However on that basis I guess I shouldn't rule out being gay (err....)

Haha, right? How great would it be to wake up tomorrow and realize I'm bi-sexual. That's like, 3 and a half billion more possibilities!

Pursue love? Doesn't all of this depend on what you mean by that?

Please don't confuse being single with isolation and loneliness. There's nothing wrong with wanting friends, I want friends. Healthy relationships are great but you still can't depend on other people to make you happy. I've known people who jumped on the quickest poor relationship bandwagon and wouldn't get off despite how bad it got. I've also known people who thought a relationship would fix everything and make the loneliness pass. It didn't pass. Many people experience loneliness for many reasons. Maybe people struggle connecting with others, moved to a completely new area which can be rough, or just ended a relationship and divorced. Getting out there, grabbing love by the ankles, and dragging back to your basement won't change any of that. If you are lonely, one of the worst things you can do for yourself is enter a relationship being terrified of isolating yourself, yet again, by leaving and standing on your two feet. If you are lonely, please be kind and considerate of yourself. Do whatever you can to make yourself happy, and manage to get by. Even if that's something simple as relaxing and listening to an awesome song. Tonight I'll like to go somewhere to enjoy myself. I hope that all of you take a small moment of your time to do something enjoyable too. Maybe watch a good movie.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Latest posts

Back