Wanting to reconnect with an old friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wind Fish

Reaction score
Theres a guy that was my best freind at school but havn't seen now for seven years as we didn't live in the same town then and went to seperate collages. After I last saw him my only other friend moved away and I hav'nt made any since.

We dont live that far from each otheer now and I've realised that I could potentially use facebook to contact him and hopfully restart our friendship but my knowlage of people and what you should or shouldn't do on facebook is poor. I mean what I want is to actually be freinds again even if not as close as before so I'd need to ask to meet him. Maybe its not such a good idea to do so right away but if not then when? If he replys and we get talking it may fizzle out at some point so do I wait for one reply, two, several? and should I using be chat or message him?

Maybe I sounds crazy but this seems to be the only hope I have at the moment that I'd have to do this exactly right. Thanks.

im not sure why you feel its a delicate situation that has to be handled just right?
i would just send a message on facebook and say: hey! lobg time no see! lets get together!
i read somewhere lately (ok it was an image posted here by pumpkin_soup)
that said, love is like a fart. if you have to force it, its probably crap. same thing goes with friendships.

You're thinking too much. Just send him a message. Nothing wrong with that at all. What happens after that, depends on what his reply is like. Take it one step at a time. Don't drive yourself nuts worrying!

Yeah, don't over think it too much. Just send your friend a message and take it from there.

I agree with what everyone above has said. Just send a short message and then leave it up to him.

Latest posts

Back