Weird weird question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mug

Reaction score
Anyone else baffled by what smilies actually are representing. I can decipher the smile, grin, wink, and a couple others, but I honestly cannot figure out what mood/emotion/etc most smilies represent.

I bring it up because I recently took a "read the person's face" quiz and failed miserably. So it made me wonder, maybe I can't read people and so that contributes to sucking at relationships. Anyone else smilie challenged or am I the only one?

I am pretty sure I am very (overly)sensitive to people's moods, but I can't "read" smilies or facial expressions quizzes.

Maybe I need a real flesh and blood in person person to do so?

Just had to ask,
mug

Throws down a smoke bomb...

Ninja Force Thread Hijack! What does 'goo' mean too?

Back flips into the shadows and leaves thread alone...

Lost Drifter said:
....What does 'goo' mean too?

24mcp68.jpg

lol, visit chat 2 sometimes to learn what (goo) means. :p

As far as not being able to interpret facial expressions, a lot of people have a hard time with that at times. Some people have no skills at all for reading them and some have no ability to make the proper ones in relation to what they're feeling. There's a name for that particular issues, but I cant recall the name. Not saying YOU have that, just saying stuff like that isnt all that uncommon I dont think.

Here's a brief guide to chat room (Xat) smiley codes that people often use on the forum:

(d) =
d22.png

(crs) =
crs22.png

(un) =
un22.png

(hello) =
hello.gif

(goo) =
th_goo.gif

(omg) =
omg.gif

(hmm) =
hmm.gif

(yum) =
th_yum.gif

(wary) =
wary.gif

(ono) =
ono.png

Thx! but I need a few more clues lol
What is (d), (crs), (un), (ono)?

Those are great smileys (sp?) btw, new to me. My phone and as well as some other forums are much less animated and discernable for me.
mug

mintymint said:
Here's a brief guide to chat room (Xat) smiley codes that people often use on the forum:

(goo) =
th_goo.gif

What is it, bug eyes with lightening?

That is okay mug, i can't read expressions either.

ono sound like Oh No

crs is possibly Cross?

Beats me on the others.

Hello looks like a lecher to me.

Latest posts

Back