Went to a movie alone and... LIKED IT!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZynischeWirklichkeit said:
I love to go to the drive in movie theater alone. I sit in my car by myself and watch the movie. It is very therapeutic in my opinion.

Sounds like fun, I've never been to one before.

Congrats on going to the movies alone. I love doing the same and am still working on doing other things alone. After all, being alone should not stop you from doing the things you like!

I still remember the time people laughed. That sucked. Like it or not it advertises the fact that you have few if any friends.

rdor said:
I still remember the time people laughed. That sucked. Like it or not it advertises the fact that you have few if any friends.

I got laughed at because I walked home carrying groceries yesterday. Some people are jerks who enjoy laughing at others. Who gives a **** what they think.

SomeoneSomewhere said:
So yeah, I've decided that I love going to the movies alone and I will do it, at least once a month, to grow comfortable with being alone (I like it for the most part, I just haven't grown used to it yet) and to grow a pair.

Just wanted to share... :)

That is awesome! This weekend was not a good one for me as it was my Mom's birthday on Friday and even though she passed away nine years ago, I'm still affected by it.

So, yesterday I met up with one of my two reliable (and platonic) female friends, we had lunch, chatted about some deep stuff, we went to a thrift store to look at some cool antique stuff, and then we parted so I could see "Man of Steel." I didn't even ask her to come because I planned this for myself. Turns out she didn't like Superman anyway, so it worked out perfectly. I enjoyed myself. The movie could have been better, but being alone was fine, and I'll do it again if I can't find someone to see a film with me. I must say that seeing a movie with someone else is preferrable, but not necessary.

I've been seeing movies alone on-and-off for decades, mostly because I'm not going to deprive myself of a movie experience because I can't find a body to sit next to me. lol

Good on you, SS. Keep it going. :)

Latest posts

Back