What are you currently reading?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to read "Alexander and Alestria," by Shan Sa, next.

http://www.powells.com/biblio?show=hardcover:sale:9780061543548:16.76

But I MUST implore anyone and everyone who can read these words to pick-up a copy of "The River God," by Wilbur A. Smith. Click the link below, then click the forward arrows to advance the pages, allowing you to read a bit of the book, and see what you think about it. There are three more books after it in the series, and I'm pretty sure that there are going to be more.

Ahh, if I could only be you right now, with the opportunity to begin surely one of the most fantastic journeys that can be taken within a book. The slave Tahita and his lovely Queen Lostris are awaiting you. . . .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0312954468/ref=sib_dp_ptu#reader-link

(Your local library has all of Wilber A. Smith's works.)

Antihero said:
I am currently reading nothing at the moment since I'm a lazy bum, but the last books I read were Fight Club and Survivor, both by Chuck Palahniuk.

yes!!!

I'm not reading anything at the moment, but the last books I read where Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk (faceless, sex-changing awesomeness) and Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka (cockroachy goodness).

Currently I'm reading "Moll Flanders" (for the second time).

On the Road - Kerouac

Life and Death in Shanghai

im cheating
my library only has audio books for stephen kings "the darktower 5" and "6" so im listening to my book untill i get to read the final and bestest book
"the dark tower 7 - the dark tower"

Beyond Freedom and Dignity

I am currently reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, I wanted to read Crime and Punishment but couldn't get to a bookstore as it was pouring all weekend, so I rented out this one we'll see how it goes

big0451163966.jpg

NeverMore said:
I am currently reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, I wanted to read Crime and Punishment but couldn't get to a bookstore as it was pouring all weekend, so I rented out this one we'll see how it goes

As i recall One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was a pretty decent book. Crime and Punishment is also well worth reading.

Read these two during the span of the last month.

Todd_House_of_leaves.jpg

coin_locker_babies-large.jpg

House of Leaves was decent at best. A little too self indulgent for my tastes and I really wish Mr. Danielewski focused more on the story at hand instead of wasting so much space on useless facts and names that do nothing for the reader.

Coin Locker Babies was great. I really hope that Miike can make this into a film one day. A great book to read to expand your imagination and thoughts on life.

the crimes of jack the ripper, i got it a few months ago but havnt read it yet :D i will one day

Minus said:
NeverMore said:

As i recall One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was a pretty decent book. Crime and Punishment is also well worth reading.

Sounds like a pair of understatements to me.

Currently reading the following:

On the Road
Our Underachieving Colleges
The Way to Win: Taking the White House in 2008 (Admittedly after the fact... I started before, but unfortunately was too busy to finish in time so I could watch the mayhem with an educated eye from the eagle roost.)

zraskolnikov said:
On the Road

I failed to appreciate that one. At least i read it while no one that borrowed it from me made it through the book. Don't know what is going on there because the book does have quite a reputation and is consider to be one of the defining works of the beat generation.

Latest posts

Back