What are you currently reading?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9780140449440.jpg

Bismarck - A Life - Johnathan Steinberg
Imperialism: The Highest Stage of Capitalism - Vladimir Lenin
Secret of the Veda - Sri Aurobindo
Britannica Great Books Kant - Immanuel Kant

Paraiyar said:
VERY interesting books you are reading

Lacrecia said:
Paraiyar said:

Thank you. It's very difficult reading mostly and I have a whole library full of this kind of stuff that just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I really have to prioritize to make sure I finish stuff as well. Doesn't help that I hadn't been reading much in the last few years...

Paraiyar said:
Lacrecia said:
Paraiyar said:

Thank you. It's very difficult reading mostly and I have a whole library full of this kind of stuff that just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I really have to prioritize to make sure I finish stuff as well. Doesn't help that I hadn't been reading much in the last few years...

Hope that you will find time to read more. And if your shelves are full of books like this then they must be pretty great

gabriel20 said:
Armageddon's Children(Genesis of Shannara #1),by Terry Brooks

I remember that, that was awesome. Did you read the Word and the Void series that part of the plot originates from?

John Lockes's Two Treatises on Government. Soo many pages leading up to the original text explaining it, I'm thinking oh no and it's old English. But John Locke's writing is super clear and easy to follow. He could have written fiction for sure and been very entertaining.

I just read the 2018 Hugo Award winning Best Novella, "All Systems Red: The Murderbot Diaries" by Martha Wells, and I am reading the second one in the series called "Artificial Condition."

I don't really read. I listen to audiobooks. Right now I am listening to James Patterson's 3rd Degree

Just started Isaac Asimov's Foundation in original english. Read it so long ago when I was 13 I forget what the story was.

I’m reading [font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]Carl Hiaasen. Sick Puppy. Highly recommendable.[/font]

Tigerlilly said:
I’m reading [font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]Carl Hiaasen. Sick Puppy. Highly recommendable.[/font]

Carl Hiaasen's books are hilarious!  And they always seem to satirically abhor the degradation (in so many ways) of his beloved Florida.
Reading his work, one doesn't know whether to laugh or cry.  Both alternately I suppose.......

Electrification of Sydney and Suburban Railways.  JJC Bradfield et al, a collection of technical papers presented to the Institute of Engineers in 1926.  It's got sex, violence, intrigue, passion, mystery, and isn't at alll dry.  The section on the adoption of British route signalling in double light format will have you weeping tears of joy over its sheer sublime beauty.

Latest posts

Back