What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sk66rc said:
There's a reason why I said "parents letting happen"... How long does your child have scream like somebody is lighting his head on fire before you make even an attempt to calm the child down? This screaming child was going on for good 20 minutes before the mother turned around & screamed at the kid, "if you don't shut your fu#*!?%# mouth! I'll smack it off your #%&$#€! Face!!!" And the dad is just walking around like there's not a care in the world... I don't have to know the family in order to know that behavior in this case was wrong... I don't have to be a professional cook to know when a certain dish taste good or bad... Or professional football player to know when someone made a bad play or professional singer to know when someone isn't really a good singer... Yeah, I'd say the parents just let this go as long as it did... I wasn't judging... I was there to witness this one incident... And by what I saw in this particular case, parents & the kid deserved the comment...

Besides, isn't this thread about what I was thinking at the moment? I wasn't saying I was gonna do something about it but as the title of the thread goes, I was thinking it at the moment...

Sometimes the best thing to do is let it happen, it sounds dumb, but kids also scream for attention, if you then give them that attention, as soon as you stop they scream for more, its a learning thing, the kid learns that screaming doesn't get him/her anywhere and so stops eventually, they learn that their parents are not their personal slaves. I think it would've been wrong for the mother to make good on her threat, its a kid being a kid ffs. Having works in a childrens store for 10 years I see this all the time, you have the parents who immediately slap their kids or shout at them - sometimes it works, more often than not it doesn't, then you have the parents who don't do that, and the kid shuts up eventually, sometimes within minutes, sometimes it takes longer, but they tire themselves out from it

Drama said:
Your actual situation makes me want to cry.

NO TEARS!!

zibafu said:
sk66rc said:
There's a reason why I said "parents letting happen"... How long does your child have scream like somebody is lighting his head on fire before you make even an attempt to calm the child down? This screaming child was going on for good 20 minutes before the mother turned around & screamed at the kid, "if you don't shut your fu#*!?%# mouth! I'll smack it off your #%&$#€! Face!!!" And the dad is just walking around like there's not a care in the world... I don't have to know the family in order to know that behavior in this case was wrong... I don't have to be a professional cook to know when a certain dish taste good or bad... Or professional football player to know when someone made a bad play or professional singer to know when someone isn't really a good singer... Yeah, I'd say the parents just let this go as long as it did... I wasn't judging... I was there to witness this one incident... And by what I saw in this particular case, parents & the kid deserved the comment...

Besides, isn't this thread about what I was thinking at the moment? I wasn't saying I was gonna do something about it but as the title of the thread goes, I was thinking it at the moment...

Sometimes the best thing to do is let it happen, it sounds dumb, but kids also scream for attention, if you then give them that attention, as soon as you stop they scream for more, its a learning thing, the kid learns that screaming doesn't get him/her anywhere and so stops eventually, they learn that their parents are not their personal slaves. I think it would've been wrong for the mother to make good on her threat, its a kid being a kid ffs. Having works in a childrens store for 10 years I see this all the time, you have the parents who immediately slap their kids or shout at them - sometimes it works, more often than not it doesn't, then you have the parents who don't do that, and the kid shuts up eventually, sometimes within minutes, sometimes it takes longer, but they tire themselves out from it

I agree with zib here. It could be done for attention.

But, in regards to what you replied to me, it could still be from underlying issues. Have YOU ever been so frustrated that you yelled at someone more than they deserved to be yelled at? Chances are you have. Now, imagine having a child that screams like that...whether it's because they have issues or not. Yes, at some point in time, the parents are going to gets so frustrated that they say things like the mother did (which is still a fresia of a lot better than saying you hope a CHILD CHOKES ON HIS OWN VOMIT!). Just because that mother SAID she would smack him, doesn't mean she actually would.

So, as I said, if you don't know the family, don't criticize them. You don't know their story.

And yes, it's the thinking thread. You posted what you were thinking, which is turn made me post what I was thinking. Simple as that.

TheRealCallie said:
zibafu said:
sk66rc said:

I agree with zib here. It could be done for attention.

But, in regards to what you replied to me, it could still be from underlying issues. Have YOU ever been so frustrated that you yelled at someone more than they deserved to be yelled at? Chances are you have. Now, imagine having a child that screams like that...whether it's because they have issues or not. Yes, at some point in time, the parents are going to gets so frustrated that they say things like the mother did (which is still a fresia of a lot better than saying you hope a CHILD CHOKES ON HIS OWN VOMIT!). Just because that mother SAID she would smack him, doesn't mean she actually would.

So, as I said, if you don't know the family, don't criticize them. You don't know their story.

And yes, it's the thinking thread. You posted what you were thinking, which is turn made me post what I was thinking. Simple as that.

Actually, no I haven't yelled at anyone more than they've deserved... And from the conversation I've heard between the family members afterwards, I do have an idea what they're about... Public place is hardly a place to correct someone's underline problems... It goes deeper than that... That's just common sense... Like I said, I don't have to know their entire family history to know what they've done in the past... Just because of their short conversation that apparently, don't have problem talking about in front of strangers in public place... From what they've said, this isn't the first time that happened... Matter in fact, this happens constantly... I know this by the comments she has made after the whole incident, or at least after her comment to her child... So, as far as what she has done & what her child has done, I do know little bit about them & how they've handled it in the past... And if that wasn't the first time something like this has happened, actually frequently enough to realize there could be a possible underlying issues, then they should seek some help, not screaming at their child in the public place... And I do know they haven't seeked out any help because her dad said so himself... "Yeah, he does this all the time... We just smack him around a bit & that's that..." I'm not trying to start an argument with you but you haven't been there for the entire incident so you don't know what took place... I was there & enough things have happened & said and in turn, I knew enough about the family to make an not quite a judgment but an opinion about that one incident & how the family deals with it... But for the sake of this thread, I was just stating the thought I had in mind, not the whole drawn out story behind it... So may be you should reserve your judgment on my comment as well, being that not knowing what I've been through & seen & heard in that incident & the whole situation behind it... Like I said, I'm not looking for an argument or fight... That's the one of the problem with reading a post, there's no emotion attached to it so I guess it's hard to get the feeling of what the other person meant... But I saying this out of honest opinion & not some attempt with a sarcastic jab at ya... With that said, I do understand where you're coming from... And the remark I made about wishing the child coking on his own vomit... Again, it might have been an exaggerated expression in hopes for him to stop, I realized it was a horrible thing to wish for a child to go through, hence the statement below it... That's another problem with taking things out of context... I'm not denying I've said it but I also realized how it can be taken in certain context so I've tried to correct that but I guess it didn't work...

Alana said:
sk66rc said:
Alana said:
sk66rc said:
Alana said:
I want to say something but it's probably better if I don't...

Ehhh... Say it...

Oh, no worries. It wasn't to you. :)

LOL... Why not?

Um..it just wasn't? lol I don't know.

Ok, now I'm disturbed, lol... I'm not important enough for you to be mad at or say something to? Why isn't it about me? I wanted it to be about me, **** it...!!!

Lol... Ok... May be I should leave you alone... I was just poking at you to see how much of a hard time I could give ya, all in fun, without you getting mad...

sk66rc said:
I was just poking at you to see how much of a hard time I could give ya, all in fun, without you getting mad...

I'm too clueless most of the time to be mad. :)

The little old couple coming into the cafe are adorable- I'm betting they've had at least 50 years together....

I think it would be wrong of someone to ask someone, why did you stop talking to me? And liable to piss them off and make you look like twice the idiot you think you are but do not know why.

Latest posts

Back