What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VeganAtheist said:
The key to me being 'okay' or even happy is definitely staying active. I feel pretty good today. Almost great. If only I could convince a lovely young lady to be happy with me. *sigh* Maybe tomorrow.

So glad you're doing well. :)

I wish I knew what I needed to do to change the way things go for me. Every time I meet a girl I like, they just go off with a total shitbag. I see the pattern now. The first crush I had, a couple years ago, blew me off for some typical "dude-bro", who talked fake ghetto words, pretended to like lame-ass things just to ingratiate himself with girls, you know. This ****** takes random drugs from a stranger like an idiot and passes out, makes a fool of himself, then yelled at her, and yet, that is who she chose over me. It would have been obvious to anyone else that this guy was a complete tool. Fast forward a few years later, and essentially the same thing is happening. It's so frustrating. I want to be able to beat these low life scumfucks but I can't even compete with them. This is the source of a lot of my anger. I just wish I knew what I needed to do to beat them once and for all.

What tricks or game do I have to learn? I'll do it. I just can't stand to get passed over for some piece of honeysuckle again. I really can't. It's turning me from once happy and sunny into a violently angry person. It's become my default mood. I felt like punching everything in sight today. I don't like where I'm going, but this is what life is pushing me into. I just wish I knew what I could do so that the next time it happens, next time it's between me and some scumbag, I get chosen instead. I wish I knew where to even start turning around.

I've become aware that that feeling of being alone has passed, that I've found some kind of connection....

It's been a long time.

What am I thinking? Although I've been here for hours, no one has spoken to me. No one has spoken to me for months :) All the lonely people..... hahahahahahahahahahahah - I am now on the verge of insanity... Goodbye.... Hahahahahaha the sky is green and the grass is blue and they're coming to take me away hahahaahaah - Don't talk to me! The men with white coat have come to take me away, haha heehee

TheSkaFish said:
I wish I knew what I needed to do to change the way things go for me. Every time I meet a girl I like, they just go off with a total shitbag. I see the pattern now.

What tricks or game do I have to learn? I'll do it. I just can't stand to get passed over for some piece of honeysuckle again. I really can't. It's turning me from once happy and sunny into a violently angry person. It's become my default mood. I felt like punching everything in sight today. I don't like where I'm going, but this is what life is pushing me into. I just wish I knew what I could do so that the next time it happens, next time it's between me and some scumbag, I get chosen instead. I wish I knew where to even start turning around.

I can 100% relate. Being a nice guy seems to be getting me nowhere. Sometimes it makes me want to change who I am to try and prevent this from happening, but is that the right thing to do? Probably not, I don't think you should change who you are for anyone. I regularly have a mental argument with myself of why this happens.

Outcast said:
TheSkaFish said:
I wish I knew what I needed to do to change the way things go for me. Every time I meet a girl I like, they just go off with a total shitbag. I see the pattern now.

I can 100% relate. Being a nice guy seems to be getting me nowhere. Sometimes it makes me want to change who I am to try and prevent this from happening, but is that the right thing to do? Probably not, I don't think you should change who you are for anyone. I regularly have a mental argument with myself of why this happens.

Ah, I just don't know what to do though. I was raised to be nice, and I understand why it is a good thing. I sincerely believe in it. I like it when people are nice to me. But I also like getting what I want and with women it seems, being nice doesn't cut it. I know you're supposed to be doing things with your life, accomplishing things so that you are interesting and I'm trying. But watching the douchebags win time after time with no effort when they shouldn't get anything at all, it's really jading me. I hate helplessly watching as life bends over backwards for them, but shuts out guys like me, who try to figure things out, who try to do things the right way. People like me who want to distinguish ourselves, be interesting, do well, and have a good time. But that's nothing compared to a "badass" that makes a big show of himself, I guess. But I don't want the leftovers they refuse, I want the good things too. It's really making me into a negative person. I'm just so tired of meeting someone who's everything I want, only to get rejected like this.

I don't know why this strikes me as being so dangerous, maybe just because of the age thing. I need to make sure all parties understand the strictly counseling intentions.

TheSkaFish said:
Outcast said:
TheSkaFish said:

Ah, I just don't know what to do though. I was raised to be nice, and I understand why it is a good thing. I sincerely believe in it. I like it when people are nice to me. But I also like getting what I want and with women it seems, being nice doesn't cut it. I know you're supposed to be doing things with your life, accomplishing things so that you are interesting and I'm trying. But watching the douchebags win time after time with no effort when they shouldn't get anything at all, it's really jading me. I hate helplessly watching as life bends over backwards for them, but shuts out guys like me, who try to figure things out, who try to do things the right way. People like me who want to distinguish ourselves, be interesting, do well, and have a good time. But that's nothing compared to a "badass" that makes a big show of himself, I guess. But I don't want the leftovers they refuse, I want the good things too. It's really making me into a negative person. I'm just so tired of meeting someone who's everything I want, only to get rejected like this.

From my experience its pretty common for people to take advantage of others who are just genuinely nice, which is unfortunate, but I was raised the same way and will continue to do the same. Maybe their isn't anything specific that you have to do, just keep living life the best way you can. One of these days I think we'll both find someone who sees all of the good qualities in you, and choosing you over some shitbag will be a no brainer. For the record even if a girl seemingly has everything you're looking for, if she's the type to ditch you for some low-life. It sounds like she's probably not all that bright in the first place. Maybe she's not all that she seems to be.

Outcast said:
From my experience its pretty common for people to take advantage of others who are just genuinely nice, which is unfortunate, but I was raised the same way and will continue to do the same. Maybe their isn't anything specific that you have to do, just keep living life the best way you can. One of these days I think we'll both find someone who sees all of the good qualities in you, and choosing you over some shitbag will be a no brainer. For the record even if a girl seemingly has everything you're looking for, if she's the type to ditch you for some low-life. It sounds like she's probably not all that bright in the first place. Maybe she's not all that she seems to be.

I don't know. I've really lost faith. I'm sure I could find someone who would be interested in me, but my guess is that the kind of girl who would like me is someone that I would find plain-looking and with a dull personality. It probably wouldn't take much work either, so that's why it would seem like they are "good for me". But to get anything good you always have to be able to compete. And I just can't do this. It's killing me.

TheSkaFish said:
Outcast said:

I don't know. I've really lost faith. I'm sure I could find someone who would be interested in me, but my guess is that the kind of girl who would like me is someone that I would find plain-looking and with a dull personality. It probably wouldn't take much work either, so that's why it would seem like they are "good for me". But to get anything good you always have to be able to compete. And I just can't do this. It's killing me.

I find the whole competition thing pretty ridiculous too, but I eventually stopped looking at it that way. I just be myself, spend time with that person and if they cant accept me for who I am or think someone else is better for them than so be it. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be. And you're right, finding someone who you really like, and that person feels the exact same way back is pretty rare and it's easy to lose faith. I myself lose faith sometimes too, but when you do find that person it's probably worth trying your best to be with them even if you have to 'compete' a little. If you just call it quits because another guy is interested it will really start to eat at you, always looking back wondering if you tried a little harder what would have happened.

This is all just my opinion, it may be different for you.

TheSkaFish said:
No, you're right. I can't be afraid or too lazy to compete for what's worthwhile. Only now, my problem is that there's no one worthwhile left anymore.

Bullshit

TheSkaFish said:
Only now, my problem is that there's no one worthwhile left anymore.

Well if you say that, there won't be. No one can convince you otherwise if your ideals are so set in and engraved, including someone that you would click with. I don't think the problem (with many people, not just you) is that there's no one out there; It's the person's idea and perception that there's no one left. Think about it from a different perspective, as if you were an outsider looking in. And if someone treated you like you treat others, don't you think that would be a tough bullet to bite? A big pill to swallow? To be told that no one, including yourself, is even worthwhile?

kamya said:
ladyforsaken said:
I'm not feeling anything.. ugh is this the state where my defense mechanism is up and trying to numb me from feeling any misery so that I can just get through the day? It's doing a fine job at it. But it sucks because I know something just isn't right. Grrrrrrr.

I'm having one of those days too today. Hang in there dood!

Thanks buddy. Where's the ice cream now. :\

WishingWell said:
I'm sick of being in pain all the time.

*hugs* hope you'll feel better soon. :\

I am thinking of a friend who was having to do something this afternoon that she was dreading. I am hoping it isn't as bad as she fears, and that it won't stress and upset her too much.

Latest posts

Back