What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I told you I can't physically do that, I offered an alternative, so stop your ranting, it isn't my fault and if you want help then stop it.

HoodedMonk said:
Peaches said:
maybe you can make money with home brewing? :)

That's the idea!

Wine takes a year to age though, whereas with beer it takes like 2-6 weeks to brew.

But beer breweries are flooding the market right now so it's a pondrance as to which to go with. Beer or wine?

I like the idea of having a side business I can't get fired from and provides some money for me.

I'd only sell the wine at farmer's markets, greek restaurants and mediterranean markets though.

Very niche.

if you do that (and don't have any better people) I can make some nice labels for you, and maybe help with the website?
This is genius, but so are you :)

Peaches said:
HoodedMonk said:
Peaches said:

That's the idea!

Wine takes a year to age though, whereas with beer it takes like 2-6 weeks to brew.

But beer breweries are flooding the market right now so it's a pondrance as to which to go with. Beer or wine?

I like the idea of having a side business I can't get fired from and provides some money for me.

I'd only sell the wine at farmer's markets, greek restaurants and mediterranean markets though.

Very niche.

if you do that (and don't have any better people) I can make some nice labels for you, and maybe help with the website?

ooo. Label help. :D Danke.

And website help too!

Not sure if it is genius, just want to do something with my life instead of feel hopeless. Even if it is something small like this. I'm unsure how many bottles a year I would make, since apparently it costs a few thousands to apply for a liquor license in my state. So I'd have to work that off and the cost of equipment/supplies for a bit.

This is going to be difficult. Time to put my game face on and stand my ground. Just wish I didn't feel so quesy.

HoodedMonk said:
Peaches said:
HoodedMonk said:
Peaches said:

That's the idea!

Very niche.

And website help too!

Not sure if it is genius, just want to do something with my life instead of feel hopeless. Even if it is something small like this. I'm unsure how many bottles a year I would make, since apparently it costs a few thousands to apply for a liquor license in my state. So I'd have to work that off and the cost of equipment/supplies for a bit.

First, find out how much a liquor licence will cost you for the State you are in. You cannot sell liquor whether wine or beer without first having the certificate.

After I messaged you, consider branding a cider or rum-based drink using fermented grape juice, but lowering the alcoholic content to below 5%. This ploy was to avoid the UK Customs & Excise adding extra tax on the product. This has already been done in the UK to great success when consumers were able to buy at a lower rate.

Jews rum punch

Pssst! I had to increase my age to access the website, but I wasn't buying.

Interesting stats site

but especially for the US' consumption. here

I love your idea. But you have got to calculate production costs, and that is before designing the label what goes on the bottle.

I am think you could be onto a winner, HM. :)

AmytheTemperamental said:
PenDragon said:
I wish I could eat my own words...

Do they smell good? If so, you should share :club:

Nervous nervous nervous. And so very excited

About smell, don't know never felt it but others have and they say it's sweetest except few times when it's super hot to digest and sometimes super cold to even take inside mouth :p

Don't know I'm still not sure about sharing in public but...maybe I can give it a thought or two, who knows maybe some others might too find it very addictive :D

Sorry lady, you sort of had that coming. You can't be that rude to someone in such a vulnerable state, especially in a professional setting and not expect repercussions. I've yet to see someone treat someone else that way, although clearly it happens. Have some standards and hold yourself up to them; you didn't just ruin your own career, that sort of behaviour affects the whole profession.

Mrs Falcon said:
HoodedMonk said:
Peaches said:
HoodedMonk said:
Peaches said:

That's the idea!

Very niche.

And website help too!

First, find out how much a liquor licence will cost you for the State you are in. You cannot sell liquor whether wine or beer without first having the certificate.

After I messaged you, consider branding a cider or rum-based drink using fermented grape juice, but lowering the alcoholic content to below 5%. This ploy was to avoid the UK Customs & Excise adding extra tax on the product. This has already been done in the UK to great success when consumers were able to buy at a lower rate.

Jews rum punch

Pssst! I had to increase my age to access the website, but I wasn't buying.

Interesting stats site

but especially for the US' consumption. here

I love your idea. But you have got to calculate production costs, and that is before designing the label what goes on the bottle.

I am think you could be onto a winner, HM. :)

Yeah I know all of that and most importantly is it going to turn a profit? Will I have to secure capital? A loan?

lifestream said:
God, some people are just begging for a good hard slap!

Funny you should mention that. I witnessed a fellow being extremely rude and dismissive towards my father today and there was a part of me that just wanted to flatten the guy. There is no excuse for being rude to someone who has made a genuine mistake.

I bit my tongue in order to stop myself from calling him a prick; I'm counting that as personal growth.

Latest posts

Back