What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
PenDragon said:
What is more childish?

Case 1. Blocking people from approaching you

Case 2. Keeping the communication line open for further talks

I say, 1 but again it's the opposite what I do here and I'm still a kid, man I need to grow up more and learn few more things around here.

That would entirely depend on the situation and how much stress/damage it is doing to the people. Sometimes, the only thing you really can do is "block" people because it's not doing any good to "communicate" with them.

how about giving people chances before shutting them out completely?

PenDragon said:
TheRealCallie said:
PenDragon said:
What is more childish?

I say, 1 but again it's the opposite what I do here and I'm still a kid, man I need to grow up more and learn few more things around here.

That would entirely depend on the situation and how much stress/damage it is doing to the people. Sometimes, the only thing you really can do is "block" people because it's not doing any good to "communicate" with them.

How about accepting other people's personal decisions? I think they know well enough what's good for themselves. If that involves blocking, so be it. For the very reason Callie stated up there and many more.

Loving this weather, loving the way everyone's complaining about it and assuming it's gonna be sunny constantly, lol.

Rodent said:
PenDragon said:
TheRealCallie said:
PenDragon said:
What is more childish?

How about accepting other people's personal decisions? I think they know well enough what's good for themselves. If that involves blocking, so be it. For the very reason Callie stated up there and many more.

Oh, hey Rodent ;)

yeah, personal decision but silly me I want to know every reason, sometimes my mind can't stop thinking what could be the reason, sometimes I know and sometimes I don't.

Why I keep it open? Just one thought, maybe sometime in future what if they want to talk and want to understand few things I don't want to be one who make them regret over past things so I keep open in case they might want to talk and sometimes it did happened. but that's just personal opinion.

PenDragon said:
Oh, hey Rodent ;)

yeah, personal decision but silly me I want to know every reason, sometimes my mind can't stop thinking what could be the reason, sometimes I know and sometimes I don't.

Why I keep it open? Just one thought, maybe sometime in future what if they want to talk and want to understand few things I don't want to be one who make them regret over past things so I keep open in case they might want to talk and sometimes it did happened. but that's just personal opinion.

General observation has shown that people don't take too kindly to someone winking and smiling at them when that was the very thing that turned them rabid last time. Don't make the same mistake twice.

And that lesson counts here too. At some point you know the other party did not change and is never going to change in their ways. And you know their answers and justifications for past actions before they utter them. Therefore it'd be foolish to give them a second chance. Nothing left to be learned.

Rodent said:
General observation has shown that people don't take too kindly to someone winking and smiling at them when that was the very thing that turned them rabid last time. Don't make the same mistake twice.

And that lesson counts here too. At some point you know the other party did not change and is never going to change in their ways. And you know their answers and justifications for past actions before they utter them. Therefore it'd be foolish to give them a second chance. Nothing left to be learned.

Yes, I totally agree to that, hard to trust the same thing that made helluva of mess last time. Understood.

PenDragon said:
Rodent said:
PenDragon said:
TheRealCallie said:
PenDragon said:
What is more childish?

Oh, hey Rodent ;)

If, at some point in the future, they change their mind, they can always change the situation and contact you. If they are too late, they are too late, but yeah, as Rodent said, it's their personal decision. You aren't owed an explanation/reason and you will likely never get one. You can speculate all you want, but unless they tell you, you can't know.

Respect their decision and accept it, as there's nothing you can do to change it and it doesn't help you or them in the long run.

Flashing this phone is proving difficult, such lack of information.

Oh yeah, my thought....I'm thinking I'm annoyed I didn't get everything done yesterday. Oh well, should be relatively easy to finish it all up today and do everything else I need to do. Seriously, enough is enough, I need a break....

I'm wishing my parents had gone ahead with their plan to move to Oz when I was a child instead of staying here where it's always cold and wet

I get what it means now when people say that. I understood it before, because you do learn a lot. But I completely relate to it now.

Difficult choice, very difficult choice. I have very few...

1. I stand up where I'm right now and stand firm to what I think is right and let the whole people around me suffer for my right to not accept what is not right in my conscience.

2. I sway a little and make an public apology but that would be end of Self-respect, whatever I have for myself would be gone with that, all that will left in me would be someone else but, but Am I not doing it all along mylife? Aren't you doing the same thing for all those long years PD? Hehe, look it caught you here in virtual world too. Would you not appease people once more? Would you not sell your self-respect once more? will you not kill your voice once more like you have did so many times so others can be at peace? Will you not...

3. I turn away from all of this and forget that PD ever existed. I have done that before but what was left was regret of not speaking which I should have, I can do the same again but afterwards what, what would you do afterwards when you're gone here? Would you be able to live peacefully that once you had the chance to ease the suffering of 20,000 people and you turn away again?

Aah, Head is mess again. sighs, for once, for once I thought maybe I could rest without any need to speak at all but seems like I can't run away from my own voice. Strange thing, she has told me I speak the most simplest and honest way but yeah, hard to believe anything when you're too sweet to be true. Too innocent to be guilty. Too pure to be filthy. Well, have to man up and face it straight, whole life waits for me, must move forward, can't let few anchors keep my feet rooted on something. but it's my ship too, I have every right to defend it.

PenDragon said:
2. I sway a little and make an public apology but that would be end of Self-respect, whatever I have for myself would be gone with that

An apology doesn't mean you have to be sorry for your actions if you truly believe you did nothing wrong in any case, thus you're not losing any self-respect. However, one can apologise for how their actions have affected others even if they truly believe what they did was for the right reasons. Then in that case, acknowledging how one's actions have affected others and then help to clear any misunderstandings might help... rather than get all defensive and insulting over it cos that only makes things worse. Actions speak louder than words. One can explain themselves all they want, but if their actions that follow don't complement their words.... it's a little difficult to believe.

ladyforsaken said:
PenDragon said:
2. I sway a little and make an public apology but that would be end of Self-respect, whatever I have for myself would be gone with that

An apology doesn't mean you have to be sorry for your actions if you truly believe you did nothing wrong in any case, thus you're not losing any self-respect. However, one can apologise for how their actions have affected others even if they truly believe what they did was for the right reasons. Then in that case, acknowledging how one's actions have affected others and then help to clear any misunderstandings might help... rather than get all defensive and insulting over it cos that only makes things worse. Actions speak louder than words. One can explain themselves all they want, but if their actions that follow don't complement their words.... it's a little difficult to believe.

Oh, from different perspective. Yeah, it could be like that. but my other half said it's okay that it was disable for good but again I will be misunderstood that I did it delibrately, like I said Once I had thought why not remove the reps system altogether but things have turned in a way that it seems like I did it intentionally to make it disabled which is trully co-incidential.

Hmm, maybe I can mix up option 1 and 2. Won't be a bad idea.

Latest posts

Back