What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'I'm.. sorry? But I'm not sure what for..'
'For breaking my heart, you pipsqueak.'

But.. that's not how I recall it. I'm just glad we're well-adjusted adults now. Or at least, adjusted.

I wish certain things didn't bother me but they do. I'm sorry for that but it's just apart of who I am.

NightHawkJohn said:
I don't even like who i am these days how could anyone else.

Also this, people see things in me that I'm unable to see. I feel like the worst person sometimes

Attacks in multiple Muslim countries- Bangladesh, Iraq, Turkey, Saudi, all during the month of Ramadan. And the media still call the animals that perpetrate this Muslims. If you are so blinded that you think killing each other is what any religion promotes, you.. really need to think again. These lives are abstract, not real, don't matter? The loss of loved ones don't matter? The orphans, the injured, their pain doesn't matter? Where is the world's solidarity with them? I feel it acutely wherever it happens, at yet the hypocrisy globally never fails to amaze me. Where are your tears? Are their lives insignificant? Are they not human? Do you think they deserve it? Or that they ought to be used to it by now? I don't understand..

Aisha said:
Attacks in multiple Muslim countries- Bangladesh, Iraq, Turkey, Saudi, all during the month of Ramadan. And the media still call the animals that perpetrate this Muslims. If you are so blinded that you think killing each other is what any religion promotes, you.. really need to think again. These lives are abstract, not real, don't matter? The loss of loved ones don't matter? The orphans, the injured, their pain doesn't matter? Where is the world's solidarity with them? I feel it acutely wherever it happens, at yet the hypocrisy globally never fails to amaze me. Where are your tears? Are their lives insignificant? Are they not human? Do you think they deserve it? Or that they ought to be used to it by now? I don't understand..

In the Saudi and Turkey cases, I kind of blame their governments for funding the people responsible.

Paraiyar said:
Aisha said:

In the Saudi and Turkey cases, I kind of blame their governments for funding the people responsible.

So the civilians had it coming?
There are very few countries that are not involved in the wars in the middle east to whatever extent, causing the death and displacement of civilians. Every single major power in the world has blood on their hands, none of their governments is innocent in this. But innocent civilians anywhere do not deserve to die because of the greed of those in power for more power. There is no justification for anything like this anywhere.

Aisha said:
Paraiyar said:
Aisha said:

There are very few countries that are not involved in the wars in the middle east to whatever extent, causing the death and displacement of civilians. Every single major power in the world has blood on their hands, none of their governments is innocent in this. But innocent civilians anywhere do not deserve to die because of the greed of those in power for more power. There is no justification for anything like this anywhere.

No, I'm just looking at this in terms of cause and effect, not blaming the civilians. Erdogan has contributed to the situation and I think the Turks should be angry with him.

There are some countries that are feeling the effects of the migrant crisis without having any real role in the situation, Sweden aren't part of NATO but are still taking on a lot more refugees than a lot of countries that are for one example. Just a few days ago, there was a migrant sex attack at a music festival there which was hardly reported on.

Paraiyar said:
Aisha said:
Paraiyar said:
Aisha said:

No, I'm just looking at this in terms of cause and effect, not blaming the civilians. Erdogan has contributed to the situation and I think the Turks should be angry with him.

There are some countries that are feeling the effects of the migrant crisis without having any real role in the situation, Sweden aren't part of NATO but are still taking on a lot more refugees than a lot of countries that are for one example. Just a few days ago, there was a migrant sex attack at a music festival there which was hardly reported on.

The migrant crisis is a problem and so is everything resulting from it. They are issues which are extremely troubling to anyone with even the slightest sense of right and wrong. But.. so is what you're doing. I did read about the attacks in Sweden, and they were not far from my mind, but at this point in time I did not bring up anything about the migrant crisis, although I've said before that it's obvious how dismaying as the effects are. Right now I only mentioned the huge loss of human life in the past few days, and yet you've managed to bring it back and make it entirely about Europe once again. As I said, the destruction of some lives seem to matter much less than others. 200+ dead in Baghdad, 41 dead in Turkey, 20 dead in Bangladesh.. We are all human, we are all equal, but some really are more equal than others.

Aisha said:
Paraiyar said:
Aisha said:
Paraiyar said:
Aisha said:

The migrant crisis is a problem and so is everything resulting from it. They are issues which are extremely troubling to anyone with even the slightest sense of right and wrong. But.. so is what you're doing. I did read about the attacks in Sweden, and they were not far from my mind, but at this point in time I did not bring up anything about the migrant crisis, although I've said before that it's obvious how dismaying as the effects are. Right now I only mentioned the huge loss of human life in the past few days, and yet you've managed to bring it back and make it entirely about Europe once again. As I said, the destruction of some lives seem to matter much less than others. 200+ dead in Baghdad, 41 dead in Turkey, 20 dead in Bangladesh.. We are all human, we are all equal, but some really are more equal than others.

I wasn't trying to make it all about Europe, Sweden was just what came to my mind when you started talking about displacement of civilians and government responsibility. But I guess it isn't that relevant to what you're talking about so I won't go there again.

I agree that these atrocities get more attention when they occur in some places than others. I do think some of that might be down to some Westerner's having relatives living in places like Paris (as just one example) or them having visited the place. I think that is human nature to some extent but I also think that the coverage of attacks in the last week or so has been really poor.

Paraiyar said:
I wasn't trying to make it all about Europe, Sweden was just what came to my mind when you started talking about displacement of civilians and government responsibility. But I guess it isn't that relevant to what you're talking about so I won't go there again.

I agree that these atrocities get more attention when they occur in some places than others. I do think some of that might be down to some Westerner's having relatives living in places like Paris (as just one example) or them having visited the place. I think that is human nature to some extent but I also think that the coverage of attacks in the last week or so has been really poor.

Yes the media coverage has been poor, both of the sexual assaults in Sweden and the terror attacks in the other countries.
I'm sorry if I came across a little strongly. I just don't really know how to deal with it each time something like this happens anywhere. It's just getting worse. It's frustrating that as an individual there is so little you can do about things like this.

It is painful watching it happen for other people at times. Not that it is an option right now anyway.

Aisha said:
Paraiyar said:

Yes the media coverage has been poor, both of the sexual assaults in Sweden and the terror attacks in the other countries.
I'm sorry if I came across a little strongly. I just don't really know how to deal with it each time something like this happens anywhere. It's just getting worse. It's frustrating that as an individual there is so little you can do about things like this.

It's okay. I know the feeling.

anybody want to try a musical collaboration. Pm me. Or not. I cant sing. I do guitar and some keyboards.

Next time you think "wow, that guy has balls!"...Just remember, those balls sit under a head with no brain. :club:

Latest posts

Back