What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m gonna write a story about a man who falls in love with a beautiful princess, wins her heart, and then... Still sleeps with her ugly step sister.. Should be a best bloody seller 😂✨

Exoplanets are strange and ridiculous but fascinating.

I’m gonna write a story about a man who falls in love with a beautiful princess, wins her heart, and then... Still sleeps with her ugly step sister.. Should be a best bloody seller 😂✨

Call it 50 Shades Of Why Women Hate Men.

🤔 From exp -- realize I'm cynical -- some ppl want others to carry them, lk do their work for them. When others try to break away they turn in the manipulation. That's their skill.

And that would probably be true regardless of the technology.
Elaborating on that a bit...

In my experience, as an American, right now, there are a lot of, 'issues,' the media portrays and that a lot of people, collectively, are divided upon.

If you break it down psychologically, however, and this hasn't changed since Hitler's regime, is that, there are those who feel they have, 'put it in the work,' and, 'suffered accordingly,' and then there are those, who, such people view as having, 'not put in the work.'

And I'm just, absolutely, eternally, fascinated by it. It _amazes_ me, the way people will keep score like that; and they have no idea how horrendous the consequences can be.

I'm sure I do it too. In it's more simpler form, it's that feeling you get when you are at work, working hard, and your work mates are goofing off, thus, making things harder for you. Or when you are in school, trying to put in the work, and others are goofing off, making things difficult for you.

This phenomena that I speak of, is SOOO pervasive. I mean literally, if it was an object, I'd say it's as common as water, and perhaps just as deadly, more or less.

It's hard for me to articulate, in short order, what I'm speaking to; but, it is so common, and profoundly deep on a psychological level. most people, in my experience, are _completely_ oblivious to it, nearly at all times, if at all.

But when you say, 'some people want others to carry them, to do their work for them,' the first thing that comes to my mind is, 'yeah, but why?'

I've often been in positions where I had to shoulder the work of others who were, in my eyes, goofing off, and, 'not putting in their fair share,' but what was the result? I thought higher and better of myself than others. I tended to gloss over the times where I was bending the rules. I was outcast socially. Plainly, I suffered. And not only did I suffer; but, I suffered doubly.

I suffered the burdens of what should have been the work of others; but, I also suffered the extra burden of identifying myself as some one suffering, 'unjustly.' I made a small saint of myself, for my extra suffering, and suffered again, doubly, the fact that no, I was not a saint. At best, I was imperceptibly more honorable in my actions; but, hardly, and my saintly position of suffering unjustly, surely lowered me back down to the level of those who were in one way or another, out to give me a hard time anyway.

I don't know how one escapes a trap like that, and I think, if more people did know, the world, right now, would not be in such a place as it is, and things like the 3rd Reich wouldn't have existed.

But it's that old tale of Joan of Arc. We are always so in danger, of making ourselves the better, by defining ourselves as not being that which makes worse for us...

The easier and more modern story to understand is, "Ferris Beuller's Day Off." So much of the world, right now, is Ferris's sister, or principle. It sounds so silly to put it that way; but, psychologically, that's what it amounts to. Yet, what made for contempt in Ferris's sister, is the _same_ thing, that can fuel absolute human devastation against other humans, if left unchecked, to fester, and grow, and spread, and infect, like a disease.

And sadly, I fear I too, am like Ferris Beuller's angry principle...

That's why a part of me detests a great number of people...

But why are some people, content to manipulate others, for their own benefit and at the detriment of those they manipulate?

My guess, would be, they are stupid: like a hungry man who happens upon an apple tree, eats all the apples, but never learns to plant the seeds, and let's them go to waste. We forget, I forget too, that, the betterment of our fellow men, is our betterment too. They don't know any better, like some one who doesn't know math, because they were never taught. Something must be telling them that, there is nothing in it for me, to be honest and fair in my dealings.

The short sighted CEO realizes he can benefit by screwing over the customer in the short term; but, fails to realize that in the long term, so many will suffer in small ways collectively, that everyone, including himself, will suffer in the long term. That's planned obsolescence. That's proprietary devices that can't be fixed or repaired in any meaningful way once they leave the factory floor.

Another explanation, in some cases, is that, we are taking life far too seriously, like all the antagonists of that protagonist: Ferris Beuller. 'Cuz in the end, what is this thing called life? It's a short ride where you literally die at the end: poof, gone. So, what's a successful life? Working hard, getting into a good school, getting a good job, a comfortable home, a cozy partner, loving and grateful kids, etc.. etc..? You can't take ANYTHING with you when you die. ZERO. So, it's unlikely, on our deathbeds, all that saintly suffering we did in all that seriousness is really going to measure up in any meaningful way, to the times we truly laughed, truly delighted in the company of others, truly felt wonder and awe by the vastness and variance of nature and the cosmos, truly expressed ourselves deeply, honestly laughed at ourselves, etc.. etc.. And those kinds of experiences aren't earned through hard work at school, or in a job, or having nice things, or security, etc... Those things, I think, just kind of have to be embraced, sought after, and experienced for the moment when the opportunity presents itself...

I mean who, on their death bed, is going to think, 'man, I wish I gave more of my life to the company I worked for?' I think very, very few companies, in this world, would make any of us think that. "I wish I worked more overtime so I could have enjoyed more creature comforts in life." lol. People don't think these things on their death bed. People regret not spending more time with their family, or singing and dancing more often, etc.. People regret not, '_living_,' more, than they had lived.

So it's tragic really... There is the, 'other,' who is a threat to us, and is out to make our lives unjustly more difficult than it already is; and then there is us, ever in danger, of somehow thinking we are the better for our saintly suffering, while slowly becoming that which we revile.

The ones who con and manipulate, skip out on the work we've had to do, and have thus, earned our contempt; and we suffer not only that, but we suffer again the suffering of our suffering...

And in the end, I only know, I'm no Ferris Beuller... And it sucks... lol

Last edited:
Or a trigger for someone who has had it done to them. I still get pissed when she even mentions she saw him. This is not hyperbole, I was straddling her with scissors trying to stab and actually punctured her waterbed and got her on the hands and arms. She has never crossed me again. 😁

Or a trigger for someone who has had it done to them. I still get pissed when she even mentions she saw him. This is not hyperbole, I was straddling her with scissors trying to stab and actually punctured her waterbed and got her on the hands and arms. She has never crossed me again. 😁
Yikesss

I know I know...extreme, or that's what I was told. This episode and a few others taught me that acting out with physical violence will only make you appear as a threat. Did your sister do that to you too? Or was that just a random spin on Cinderella?

🤔 From exp -- realize I'm cynical -- some ppl want others to carry them, lk do their work for them. When others try to break away they turn in the manipulation. That's their skill.

And that would probably be true regardless of the technology.

I think it's going to be a problem, as we're going to have less and less work that humans need to do, the more we get into automation and AI.

That's why I think we need to rethink the concept of justifying our existence through work. I think it's a holdover from survival of the fittest, when resources were scarce because we didn't have much in the way of technology. Now we do have technology but are still running on the old scarcity model, and I think that's what's causing this sort of societal breakdown.

I feel like life doesn't, and shouldn't, have to be about survival of the fittest anymore. We can, and will eventually be forced to choose something else when technology makes most human work obsolete. I'd almost want to work on bringing that about faster, except I never had the math grades for engineering.

Plus facial hair isn't my style, and I never really cared for cigarettes. Lol.

No. Because you've said yourself that sometimes when you sleep you hope to not wake up. If you aren't sleepy then why would you sleep? Go walk around and when you catch another woman staring at you maybe chat her up.
I feel like a zombie because i had a weird dream and couldn't sleep well, hence why i am tired. I also don't randomly chat up women in the street.

It's days like today where I am almost ready to consider carpal tunnel surgery. Thankfully they don't come around too often.
Now, does anyone know where my brace is?

Im trying really hard to not think about something. I thought this might help because I don't feel like really doing anything productive...but its not working.

I know I know...extreme, or that's what I was told. This episode and a few others taught me that acting out with physical violence will only make you appear as a threat. Did your sister do that to you too? Or was that just a random spin on Cinderella?
Nahh my sister deffo could if she wanted to though, she's the hotter one 😂 was just a spin on Cinderella 😇✨

Nahh my sister deffo could if she wanted to though, she's the hotter one 😂 was just a spin on Cinderella 😇✨
Oh my sister is definitely the pretty one. Still is. Actually, some of those books that rework the fairy tales are pretty fun to read. I read one that Cinderella was actually the bad sister.

Latest posts

Back