What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just caught the cat sitting on the stove near the pilot light.

*sigh*

Damned animal better not coming running to me when his tail catches fire. I swear, he's as bad as a toddler.

i love your quote Christina Sarah

lol Sophia'sMami

i made brownies the other day Cheaptrick, from this recipe that won a contest, and they were really good. and some double chocolate cookies from a recipe on the back of a sugar bag, i was surprised, they were really good. i was just walking over to sign on and thought of you and your brownies and thought i should try your recipe:)

csmswhs said:
i made brownies the other day Cheaptrick, from this recipe that won a contest, and they were really good. and some double chocolate cookies from a recipe on the back of a sugar bag, i was surprised, they were really good. i was just walking over to sign on and thought of you and your brownies and thought i should try your recipe:)

I'm making new changes to my standard recipe. I used Dutch-process cocoa and brown sugar this time. Mmmm, they smell promising. :D

The hardest part is waiting for those suckers to cool before I cut them. hehe

Have a great weekend!

i had this magazine with recipes for a long time and i've been sick recently so i ended up grabbing it and looking through it and found the recipe. i was thinking, they can't be that good. but they really were. i was too sick to eat them unfortunatly but the kids ate them up before morning lol. so that is a sign they weren't too bad.

the whole house has been smelling like cocoa lately because i've been using it for everything. i will have to try your recipe, i don't know if your still online, but what is the difference between Dutch-process cocoa and the other? if your not online anymore i guess i can look it up. anyways, sounds good. hope you have a great weekend too:)

Dutch-process cocoa is cocoa that has been treated with an alkali which neutralizes the naturally-occurring acids in cocoa. It isn't quite as bitter as natural cocoa, and allegedly gives baked goods a richer, darker color.

You can't always substitute it directly for regular cocoa powder because some recipes call for baking soda as a leavening agent, and need the acids in the natural cocoa to react to the baking soda. For recipes that use baking powder, though, you can usually substitute the Dutch process cocoa powder.

One of the changes I made to my brownie recipes recently is not using any sort of leavening agent (no baking soda or powder) because I like my brownies to be gooey and fudgey rather than cake-like.

I just tried one - a nice change, the dutch process cocoa. :)

newbrownies.jpg

thanks, i'd rather use natural stuff, but i like my brownies gooey not cakey too. the ones i mentioned above were a cross between. i would've preferred them to be more gooey. there must be a way to make them more gooey without de-naturalizing.

i'll check it out.

i'll inform you of what i find upon your return:):D

since were talking about recipes lol. i should tell you what i've done to my hands recently!! lol. oh my goodness.

i was making my own lotion, and experimenting. i don't want the crap from the stores. "crap" enough said lol.

but anyways, i was experimenting...

i'm not sure i should've used the peas, peanutbutter and flax. my hands smell like a pickle scratch and sniff sticker, and the properties of flaxseed (flaxseed oil) may not be so benefitial as opposed to other natural oils.

lol. i will spare you the story:):D

hope you have a nice weekend

csmswhs said:
thanks, i'd rather use natural stuff, but i like my brownies gooey not cakey too. the ones i mentioned above were a cross between. i would've preferred them to be more gooey. there must be a way to make them more gooey without de-naturalizing.

Using more eggs and leavening agents makes them more cake-like, so I have been gradually decreasing them. It's tricky about the eggs though, because you need the albumen as a binding agent or they fall to pieces easily.

I've been changing the proportion of flour to cocoa as well, trying to find that sweet spot. I also use a lot of bittersweet chocolate, melted with butter, sugar and cream, making almost a truffle base. That helps make them fudge-like.

csmswhs said:
since were talking about recipes lol. i should tell you what i've done to my hands recently!! lol. oh my goodness.

i was making my own lotion, and experimenting. i don't want the crap from the stores. "crap" enough said lol.

i'm not sure i should've used the peas, peanutbutter and flax. my hands smell like a pickle scratch and sniff sticker, and the properties of flaxseed (flaxseed oil) may not be so benefitial as opposed to other natural oils.

LOL! Sounds like an interesting experiment. ;-)

cheaptrickfan said:
csmswhs said:

Using more eggs and leavening agents make them more cake-like, so I have been gradually decreasing them. It's tricky about the eggs though, because you need the albumen as a binding agent or they fall to pieces easily.

I've been trying changing the proportion of flour to cocoa as well, trying to find that sweet spot. I also use a lot of bittersweet chocolate, melted with butter, sugar and cream, making almost a truffle base. That helps make them fudge-like.

csmswhs said:

LOL! Sounds like an interesting experiment. ;-)

oh god, i just saw the picture you posted of the brownies. perfect brownies!

interestingly enough, i mentioned flax in my last post about my lotion recipe. i recently found out that flax seed can be used to replace eggs and oil in recipes. and it has many healthy benefits including omega 3's, etc...

maybe that might work for what you need as an emulsifying agent (in terms of less eggs but still doing the job). there may be some local flaxseed growers in your area. ya never know:)

*sighs* weird, getting ready to go to work again

uggh I'm never have time to do my term paper, not like I would be doing it now if I had the time

well
time a nic novermeber bike ride

i watched the Star Wars Trilogy last night, well actually i only got to number 2.

i never knew!! i only remember Star Wars from when i was a kid and the actual first one came out. i barely even remember that aside from the main characters, the ships, and the tall dome headed beings standing in a circle. somehow that stood out in my mind and has never left lol.

and i remember my cousin having every first real star wars toy/action figure ever. i hope he saved them.

i remember being poor and jealous of him lol. he had cable, so he could watch Fraggle Rock at 5:00 p.m. on HBO. he also had an Atari!!! and all the starwars toys.

we had cornbread and a kick in the ass!! lol

anyways, i had bought one of my sons the whole Star Wars Trilogy set and the other ones a long time ago when they came out. i didn't realize exactly what it was. i had always planned on watching it but never did.

anyways, i was bored last night and wanted to watch a movie but had none.

then i thought i should go grab the Star Wars set and watch them.

i was surprised, the new ones are good!! but i was all confused because i thought #1 would be the actual old first one i watched when i was a kid. and it is actual a prequel or something, so its the new one but and older than the old one at the same time.

after i sorted out the confusion i watched 1 & 2. i was going to keep going up to the 6th but i fell asleep.

anyways, it was fun! cool movies!!!

i'm watching 3 & 4 tonight i think. i'm addicted. Yoda kicks ass!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

i don't want to work on my term paper,

and my mom's here and she won't let me take a shower this late,

I hate staying with parents

Mom,

Tomorrow it will be three years you've been gone. You were the best mom and friend I could have ever asked for and more. There is so many things that I need to tell you.

You brought sunshine into the lives of others, even though many tried to plague yours. When I talk about you, I should rejoice in remembering what a wonderful woman you were. But the guilt, shame, and anger has been eating away at me since we lost you. It still seems fresh in my memory.

I miss you so much.

Even though you are no longer with us, you are resting peacefully now.

Latest posts

Back