What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The world inside my head is like a fresh-painted room without any windows or doors. The colors even hurt to look at.

> People go on the Internet because they're confused about other people
> Any plans of honest, direct communication or analysis are ignored in favor of easier advice that suggests passive-aggressiveness, "testing" of other people, or anything that validates their original fears

> The people they asked about in the first place, confused about their behavior, also ask and receive the same advice?
> Human relations continue on their downward spiral

Doesn't passive-aggressiveness mean just "eye for eye, tooth for tooth" ? Definitely sounds much better than "fresia you" or "please walk over me".

Can't wait to get paid.
Also ****, still hungry.
I better wake up early tomorrow -.- Imma need a shower and all, maybe some time to chillax, and all. :p
Too bad not much going on right now though
And I bet Tealeaf will post right after me about passive-aggressiveness. (I'm soooo totally psychic, totally. :cool: )
Sorry, I'm REALLY bored. -.-

perfanoff said:
Doesn't passive-aggressiveness mean just "eye for eye, tooth for tooth" ? Definitely sounds much better than "fresia you" or "please walk over me".

Passive–aggressive behavior is an umbrella term describing certain types of behavior in interpersonal interactions. It is characterized by an obstructionist or hostile manner that indicates aggression, or, in more general terms, expressing aggression in non-assertive, subtle (i.e. passive or indirect) ways. It can be seen in some cases as a personality trait or disorder marked by a pervasive pattern of negative attitudes and passive, usually disavowed, resistance in interpersonal or occupational situations.

Passive aggressive behavior can manifest itself as learned helplessness, procrastination, hostility masquerading as jokes, stubbornness, resentment, sullenness, or deliberate/repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible.

It actually means "I'm upset, but I'm not going to speak up. I'm going to lash out at you in ways so subtle you can't quite be sure if anything is wrong at all - maybe even deny I'm upset when you ask - until I'm satisfied or you appease me." Definitely not as good as dealing with people directly and honestly. It's not really a choice between passive-aggressive, aggressive, and passive, though.

Human communication is already flawed even between family and friends. Someone who lives by passive-aggressiveness and tests is a pot calling the kettle black in my book when they complain that other people are difficult and confusing.

How does one know that all the perceived wrongs against them aren't other people acting out on their perceived wrongs against them? Especially when paired with "If you _, then you'd _" behavior and a failure to analyze social situations to make sure you see them as they truly are, it perpetuates a never-ending cycle of dishonesty, assumptions, confusion, and disillusionment with other people.

I don't know if people who don't want to run far, far away from it have just never been on the receiving end or what.

Oh thanks, that is very descriptive :) So as I see it now, an example would be a friend that shuts up and suddenly seems very sensitive and mean over negligible stuff. People sometimes get creeped out because they think they're being treated in a mean manner and it's uncalled for, but the fact is the passive aggressor is getting back for something that happened in the past.

I do see the vicious cycle, it seems like feeling one-upped and wanting to get "even" in your book can get two people be in perpetual disharmony. Communication breaks down, and if there WERE communication, at least people can agree to disagree and decide how to compromise or not(=separate)

I guess passive aggression happens proportionally a lot more in sexual relationships though? Probably because the cost of separation is much higher than in casual relations.

Gosh, what scene to think of next. I'm really ecstatic that this appears to be doing so well. I really enjoyed some scenes myself.

Since I just posted something about my children, I'm thinking of them right now. I hope they are safe and sound.

I wonder what you mean when you say you want to take it slow. Do you mean "wait and see"? Do you mean that where you are, right now, you are considering that I may have potential as a romantic partner lasting more than 3 sessions??? what??? what??? Or are you like me, too cautious to really consider having certain expectations? I try not too hard to think about this tonight... this morning...

Sigh. Last day. I must make as much progress as I can. I also find it a little odd he never e-mailed me back. Hm.

Don't consider me wrong because I didn't do as you suggested. We live in two different worlds, and I'll never - never - go the way you went. Why? Because it's pointless. It's senseless. And it's a waste of time. I know what I want, and it's to never be like you. Oh, and no one cares you married him. You act as if anyone who looks your way will take him, when truth be told, no one wants his sorry, broke ass. Always worried about him. How about you worry how horrible a person you are?

New to the forums, so hi everyone.

Ill. Feeling pretty tired, too, but I don't want to sleep.

Latest posts

Back