What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
^ The economy is bad, that's probably why you can't get a job. Nobody can.

And girls...I don't understand them.

I've tried the online dating thing. Must've got around five numbers from there but once it's got around to meeting them, they bottle it.

Think some women just enjoy the small talk and attention. Frustrating. I'm doing everything right I think?

CM Vader said:
I've tried the online dating thing. Must've got around five numbers from there but once it's got around to meeting them, they bottle it.

Think some women just enjoy the small talk and attention. Frustrating. I'm doing everything right I think?

Online dating is stacked against men. 4:1 men to women ratio. Lots of fake profiles, or people looking for hookups. Not enough single women in your areas. Etc.

I've made these points before, about a million times. OD is stacked against men.

How about a jet-setting girls night out this weekend? When we return home, we can play in the dirt picking vegetables from your garden. Oh wait, I might break a nail. ****! Instead, we can drink wine and let Buford, my body guard, pick the vegetables & give you a lap dance!

MissGuided said:
Bones said:
LMAO - well, pardon me Ms. Hilton. I'd temporarily taken leave of my senses and presumed you to be an average citizen. I tend to forget about your jetsetting lifestyle. :D

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
CM Vader said:

Online dating is stacked against men. 4:1 men to women ratio. Lots of fake profiles, or people looking for hookups. Not enough single women in your areas. Etc.

I've made these points before, about a million times. OD is stacked against men.

Now wait just a second. :) You've made some valid points, but...

I currently online date, and I do get plenty of attention just for being a woman. The men that aren't automatically filtered out (for poor grammar, obviously differing values, or immaturity) end up being about 20% or less of what I end up with. I ask them out (because they'd just chat and chat without ever making a move) and we go out.

The problem is, even when there is a connection with these guys, and they say they are interested, they never want to stop playing the OD field. They're still getting messages on their phone from POF all night or stop calling after a few dates and I see them back on the site.

So, even though it seems "easier" for women, it doesn't necessarily lead to what we were seeking, or anything at all.

Yeah, online dating is hard for people. I'd take any random messages, but the amount of read/deleted things is just ridiculous.

Was it in response to my post?

I edited it. I think it was stereotypical and unkind.

My head hurts and I feel anxious.

And I can't get my homework to run. I'm so disgusted.

I need to just not accept anything like that. I know why I do, and it's because I don't want to seem unappreciative. And the fact that I truly know what it's like to go without. But I just can't deal with the sloppiness, and to be honest about it, it really does make me sick.

If I get anymore emails from people I know that are bashing the President, racist material, or telling me what is politically incorrect, I'm going to erase my contacts list!

Latest posts

Back