What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that I have read too much about numbers stations because when I put my radio on and they were telling weather forecast, I started to look out for my notebook so I could have written down those "weird" messages.

redraider1101 said:
Now wait just a second. :) You've made some valid points, but...

I currently online date, and I do get plenty of attention just for being a woman. The men that aren't automatically filtered out (for poor grammar, obviously differing values, or immaturity) end up being about 20% or less of what I end up with. I ask them out (because they'd just chat and chat without ever making a move) and we go out.

The problem is, even when there is a connection with these guys, and they say they are interested, they never want to stop playing the OD field. They're still getting messages on their phone from POF all night or stop calling after a few dates and I see them back on the site.

So, even though it seems "easier" for women, it doesn't necessarily lead to what we were seeking, or anything at all.

I don't see why you need to do online dating at all, raider. If the picture in your avatar is really you, then you should have a steady stream of romantic applicants in real life. You're cute! And one reason you might be going through the same thing with those guys, is that online dating is quite superficial. It's like social media: The Internet makes it very easy to deceive & misrepresent yourself, & because people are sitting behind a computer & not face-to-face, they often don't think about the possible consequences of their behavior (which they would otherwise have to deal with). So to some extent, online mediums inherently select the less-enlightened members of our species...in other words, the scum tends to rise to the top. If you're looking for a steady guy, you're unlikely to find him on match.com or whatever site you're using.

I hate the fact I have to shave my face. It's so tedious. However, in the grand scheme of things it's really nothing.
What a waste of a thought.

I think that really is what I do.. just end up making people feel crappy and negative. Sighs.. what a "good" person I am.

ladyforsaken said:
I think that really is what I do.. just end up making people feel crappy and negative. Sighs.. what a "good" person I am.

Rubbish!!! You make people feel good. You should recognise that in yourself a little more.

Scotsman said:
ladyforsaken said:

Rubbish!!! You make people feel good. You should recognise that in yourself a little more.

Only in the beginning. In the end.. it's a different story. People shouldn't think I'm so good in the first place. It keeps happening. How depressing.

ladyforsaken said:
Scotsman said:
ladyforsaken said:

Only in the beginning. In the end.. it's a different story. People shouldn't think I'm so good in the first place. It keeps happening. How depressing.

I disagree. Vehemently.

Yes, I'll wait and see and be proved right. You're a gem. That's my experience of you. A gem. Now I won't hear of this negative talk about yourself. It's not right.

Wondering whats wrong Ladyforsaken. I know I haven't known you long, but I second everything Scotsman says! I don't think you would have lasted long here if what you says is true. Big Hugs x

Must have been challenge day today, shame I have zero motivation, in fact I wish I remember the last time I had.

Scotsman said:
ladyforsaken said:

This.
You are a awesome person, lady. Few people are as kind and understanding as you are.

Latest posts

Back