What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do food companies even have secret ingredients and secret recipes? I don't care who else makes what you make, if I don't want to buy something from a certain company, then guess what? I won't be buying it.

Solivagant said:
PenDragon said:
Which is more Powerful, Love Or hate?

"Indifference is the strongest force in the universe. It makes everything it touches meaningless. Love and hate don't stand a chance against it." - Joan D. Vinge

For that matter, Life itself does not stand a chance against indifference. Indifference is the thing that makes you not care one way or the other about eating, brushing your teeth, getting out of bed in the morning, nor about even attempting to be happy.

Viktor E. Frankl, a jewish psychiatrist that went through the concentration camps during WWII said that he could tell which prisoners were the next to die, because those prisoners would take their last cigarette and lay down to smoke it, not going to roll call. Their fate was sealed, by indifference.

Indifference.

"I don't like the phrase 'live like it's your last day' because if I did, I'd just constantly eat pizza and tell people to fresia off."

Fourth break-in in under a year. I have to say, there isn't much that could enrage me more than coming home and knowing someone was just going through all your honeysuckle and all your neighbors "didn't see anything". Middle of the day on a Saturday and somehow no one sees anything. Nothing more frustrating than not being able to leave your house without risking another break-in. I can't wait for this lease to be up.

kamya said:
Fourth break-in in under a year. I have to say, there isn't much that could enrage me more than coming home and knowing someone was just going through all your honeysuckle and all your neighbors "didn't see anything". Middle of the day on a Saturday and somehow no one sees anything. Nothing more frustrating than not being able to leave your house without risking another break-in. I can't wait for this lease to be up.

Fourth time! ****! Is there something local authority could do anything about it? Or is there usual response from them "We are looking into it?"

kamya said:

Dood!

**hugs**

AspiringCatLady said:
I'm thinking about doing some online gaming, what are the best sorts of online games to join which don't cost a fortune and which aren't too difficult to pick up? Might be a distraction for me

I know this was a few pages back but I dont log on often haha. Depends what kinda games you like, are you talking like browser based games, or actual games like world of warcraft.

I am personally back to playing a game called eve online, I've had an account for 10 years and just come back to it after 2-3 years of not playing, the learning curve is a lot easier compared to what it once was, but its still challenging. But fun - if you like spaceships, explosions, mining, trading, exploring the universe etc :p

mountainvista said:
I just impulse-bought a Total Gym, but the price is like 65% off what it would usually be. I've never seen home gym equipment at such a good price. I know people who've had it and recommend it as a starter machine. I can't wait for it to get here!

I went to the gym the other day and did 51 minutes of hard cardio with interval sprints and it felt great. I've got to work the muscles too, though. This way both my girls can work out too. They are both interested in getting fitter, and they've said that they want to work out with me.

I'm making big changes: First the shorter hair, newly blonde, next up the physique. I've already lost 55 pounds just by watching my diet - next up is to actually look better, all toned. People at work have been commenting on how good I look this week, but just think in another 4 months where I'll be! I'm motivated. :D

cool, personally, I dont use a gym, you can do the same workouts at home with a little imagination and cheap equipment - a pullup bar, some dumbells/kettlebell, ab wheel, skipping rope, running shoes.

Don't train to look good, most people who train to look good, stop because they are constantly looking at themselves, train for functional fitness, this way, you'll be more likely not to stop training as you'll want to maintain that functionality, train to be able to do different advanced fitness techniques - example, pushups, yeah you can do pushups, but wouldn't it be cool to be able to do one handed ones, then move onto other techniques. squats - pistol squats, leg raises - dragon flags, pullups - one handed pullups/front or back levers etc

On another note, there is no such thing as looking toned, your muscles have a tonal range, so from your relaxed state to your tense state is your tone, you dont "look" toned, you can look defined ;)

VanillaCreme said:
Why do food companies even have secret ingredients and secret recipes? I don't care who else makes what you make, if I don't want to buy something from a certain company, then guess what? I won't be buying it.

simple, if I make something and dont tell you whats in it, I have the monopoly on that product, if noone else can figure out whats in it, noone else can make knockoff copies of it. You have the monopoly, you make the money, you dictate the prices

kamya said:

wow and the police...did nothing?

Latest posts

Back