What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SofiasMami said:
That's a lot of weight to lose without trying. It would have been nice if that happened to me when I was overweight, no such luck, I had to lose weight the old-fashioned way. :D

-Teresa

How did you lose weight, if you don't mind sharing? I've been curious about losing weight myself lately. I have heard that cardio doesn't really work and that it's more about portion control when you eat, but I'm not sure of that either.

Also what are some good dietary choices for losing weight?

TheSkaFish said:
EveWasFramed said:
I don't think "entitled" means a person didn't get into mischief, party, etc.
Just my two cents.

I think it does, because it's them saying we need to take more personal responsibility when they themselves did not. If someone were truly a responsible person they would not want to do things like drink, get high, do mischief, or party. They would mostly be interested in working, and what little leisure they allow themselves would be well within the lines. It's just very ironic for me to hear about responsibility from the inventors of slacker culture as we know it today. It bothers me because it is like I've said before, "I've had my fun and that's all that matters, fresia you" and "do as I say, not as I did (or still do)". It's self-righteous and in my opinion, bullshit.

I also think there's nothing wrong at all with wanting the same opportunities that people enjoyed in the past. Things are supposed to get better with time, that is the definition of progress. If you were to buy a new computer, you would not want one that performs on the level of a 1980s computer. You would expect it to be up to modern standards, some level of improvement in quality. You certainly wouldn't expect it to be worse. I think the same goes for the world. I think if we don't expect things to get better then they will ultimately get worse.

I think you've missed my point.
Also, you keep bashing past generations who feel that younger people don't work as hard or have as much ambition. It's almost like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it, when you say "they"'are doing the same things you (whatever generations you are referring to) do? If you see that view as accurate, then two wrongs don't make a right, do they?
My point for what I wrote was that what's expected from each generation has changed over the years. I expect my kid to go to school, do chores (some of which she gets an allowance for) and behave herself. She's ten years old and knows (and even accepts) that she has to contribute. She saves her money if she wants something costly and its not a special occasion. She doesn't expect me to spend money on her all the time and give her what she wants. She doesn't feel entitled (that she doesn't have to contribute) and I'm crossing my fingers they she stays that way. I feel in most cases, parents who expect nothing of their children, will get nothing. That's not a generation thing - it's an everyone thing.

I do agree with you that things (ideally) should get better over the years but SOMEONE has to work for that betterment. Don't you agree?

TheSkaFish said:
How did you lose weight, if you don't mind sharing? I've been curious about losing weight myself lately. I have heard that cardio doesn't really work and that it's more about portion control when you eat, but I'm not sure of that either.

I do know that just being more active helps to weight loss.
About... what, six months or so, I started working an overnight stocking shift in a big retailer, and I lost like 10-20 pounds just from walking around so much a few nights out of the week.
And that was while still eating a ton of junk food.

TheSkaFish said:
SofiasMami said:
That's a lot of weight to lose without trying. It would have been nice if that happened to me when I was overweight, no such luck, I had to lose weight the old-fashioned way. :D

-Teresa

Weight Watchers, SkaFish. I lost about 38 pounds that way. Weight loss starts in the kitchen. Being active is great (I like exercise, it's great for tamping down depression and anxiety) but I work a desk job and lost the weight without a lick of exercise. My brother who keeps fit because of his profession told me once that unless you're an athlete, about 80% of weight loss is from food choices. Lots of vegs, fruits and lean proteins and I rarely eat fast food.

-Teresa

Bleh, I just don't care anymore... It doesn't matter, it used to but not any longer. It's not worth of my time. Thank goodness I'm introverted.

I still don't understand (and I think I never will) why people tend to betray their "friends". The longer I live, the more I realize that most people don't really care about anyone but themselves.

Carry on *****, people are starting to see through you now. You made a mistake though speaking about me like that behind my back. I will never be here for you again. I won't answer the phone when you are crying and don't understand why no one wants to know you or spend time with you. Maybe instead of bitching about everyone who has ever been there for you, you should have been grateful and appreciated their time and presence. Shame your daughter is displaying the same behaviour as you, and you wonder why she is getting into trouble at school, but it isn't her fault is it, it is everyone elses, everyone else is making up her behaviour. I am done giving you any space in my life or thoughts again, you are such a waste of my energy. I wish I had worked this out much sooner. Goodbye.

It's a very curious morning in chat.

978eh5.jpg

My brains almost hurt of all this new information to learn, so many numbers, different laws and, and... Gahhh! @__@

NEVER let a women dictate your happiness. NEVER be an option for a woman. The problem you have is that you seek happiness in a woman and you base your self-worth on whether you are with a woman and how she values you. Stop being dependent on women and create a life for yourself with friends, hobbies and project to work on. Nobody likes a person that wallows in self-pity

Whenever I don't have work I sit at home and wish that I did and when I have work I end up lamenting all the time it takes away from me.

Triple Bogey said:
NEVER let a women dictate your happiness. NEVER be an option for a woman. The problem you have is that you seek happiness in a woman and you base your self-worth on whether you are with a woman and how she values you. Stop being dependent on women and create a life for yourself with friends, hobbies and project to work on. Nobody likes a person that wallows in self-pity

I thought I really was in the mgtow subreddit for a second there. Well done! I'm not mgtow because I still believe that love is possible for me. In the end that's probably a foolish thought. We'll see. This year is pretty much a wrap though.

Triple Bogey said:

I still have a quite a bit of work to do on the whole making a good life for myself thing (trying to make progress on some personal goals) but I've done an exceedingly excellent job at following the second sentence of your advice, so I have that going for me. And I'm very good at it. But honestly, I kind of like having my own space.

SofiasMami said:
kamya said:
I'm officially down 40 pounds in the last 5-6 months from changing nothing really. I just check every so often and it keeps going down for whatever reason. Woo... I guess... :/

-Teresa

I have had a lot of anxiety over my weight lately, partly because I feel like I struggle with portion control of the foods I eat. I've felt kind of heavy and gross
this week due to eating too much, like for breakfast I'll have four or five servings of oatmeal (a full bowl) instead of the one recommended. I never really needed to watch what I ate in the past since I exercise a lot through running burning calories but I worry a lot about what's going to happen when I get older and my metabolism slows and I can't keep the weight off no matter how much I exercise.

For some reason I always feel like I should eat more or less and I find myself overthinking and obsessing over how much I should eat and whether I am eating the right quantity of foods. I have this kind of fear in my mind that if I don't eat enough food I won't have the energy to do the quality of workouts I want to. It's sort of a problem I had in the past where due to what I assume was poor diet I would just have no energy and be unable to do much more than a quick walk. But I also feel a lot of guilt and shame when I overstep and eat too much.

I'm not sure whether I should focus on losing weight (I would want to lose any more than 10 pounds if I did, sometimes I think I'd be slightly faster doing that, but I would t want to do so denying my body nutrients) or just trying to get more toned. I've been doing more weight and core exercises than in the past, though zero isn't that hard to beat. I guess the big thing is I just want to at least maintain and not gain more weight with age as many do. I gained like 3-4 pounds or so from last year at my last checkup, which was a bit heavier than I was the year before (though my doctor and I think I really wasn't very healthy that year)

. And I just worry about how 1-2 stray pounds a year could add up over time. I guess it would be nice to have more self-control and have a more organized structured plan for my diet. It would be nice to know exactly what and how much I should eat per each day's activity level and I guess there's calorie counting, can be a bit hard to measure the food sometimes.

I think having lots of fruit, veggies, healthy snacks during the day is good and can help portion control your meals since you're not as hungry and it ensures you get a lot of nutrients from healthy sources.

So yeah, sorry for the rambling babble.

MisunderstoodVacancy said:
SofiasMami said:
kamya said:
I'm officially down 40 pounds in the last 5-6 months from changing nothing really. I just check every so often and it keeps going down for whatever reason. Woo... I guess... :/

-Teresa

I have had a lot of anxiety over my weight lately, partly because I feel like I struggle with portion control of the foods I eat. I've felt kind of heavy and gross
this week due to eating too much, like for breakfast I'll have four or five servings of oatmeal (a full bowl) instead of the one recommended. I never really needed to watch what I ate in the past since I exercise a lot through running burning calories but I worry a lot about what's going to happen when I get older and my metabolism slows and I can't keep the weight off no matter how much I exercise.

For some reason I always feel like I should eat more or less and I find myself overthinking and obsessing over how much I should eat and whether I am eating the right quantity of foods. I have this kind of fear in my mind that if I don't eat enough food I won't have the energy to do the quality of workouts I want to. It's sort of a problem I had in the past where due to what I assume was poor diet I would just have no energy and be unable to do much more than a quick walk. But I also feel a lot of guilt and shame when I overstep and eat too much.

I'm not sure whether I should focus on losing weight (I would want to lose any more than 10 pounds if I did, sometimes I think I'd be slightly faster doing that, but I would t want to do so denying my body nutrients) or just trying to get more toned. I've been doing more weight and core exercises than in the past, though zero isn't that hard to beat. I guess the big thing is I just want to at least maintain and not gain more weight with age as many do. I gained like 3-4 pounds or so from last year at my last checkup, which was a bit heavier than I was the year before (though my doctor and I think I really wasn't very healthy that year)

. And I just worry about how 1-2 stray pounds a year could add up over time. I guess it would be nice to have more self-control and have a more organized structured plan for my diet. It would be nice to know exactly what and how much I should eat per each day's activity level and I guess there's calorie counting, can be a bit hard to measure the food sometimes.

I think having lots of fruit, veggies, healthy snacks during the day is good and can help portion control your meals since you're not as hungry and it ensures you get a lot of nutrients from healthy sources.

So yeah, sorry for the rambling babble.

Hey Misunderstood,
I didn't get a grip on things until I figured out that I was eating my feelings. It's easy to know what to eat and how to read labels but I ate a lot when I was bored and *ahem* lonely instead of when my tummy told me to eat. Trying to fill the emptiness, I guess. I still get bored and lonely but I try to turn to other things to fill the void.
Easier said than done!

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back