What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whiskey always does the trick. Never crying after a glass of Jack. Guess that's the only "male" that will always be with me...to make me smile. A Marlboro afterwards is the perfect goodnight kiss before bed.

Doesn't it defeat the purpose of diversity if it's forced to happen? Giving positions to lesser qualified people for the sake of and in the name of being diverse... Does that not completely destroy the point?

VanillaCreme said:
Doesn't it defeat the purpose of diversity if it's forced to happen? Giving positions to lesser qualified people for the sake of and in the name of being diverse... Does that not completely destroy the point?

But Nilla, you don't understand. We have to give these people a leg-up because they just lack the...uhh..."motivation" to aim for these positions if there's not another person with the same genitals or skin color in a similar position already.

**** this soft bigotry of low expectations...

I was at the grocery store when it occurred tome that I wrote "Voltaire" instead of "Candide". I'm thinking that I'm grateful for people who say, " I knew what you meant."

Rodent said:
VanillaCreme said:

But Nilla, you don't understand. We have to give these people a leg-up because they just lack the...uhh..."motivation" to aim for these positions if there's not another person with the same genitals or skin color in a similar position already.

I want to see more species diversity in my workplace.

Working with old in-house 3D software on a 64 bit machine that loves to use Window's Virtual Store is an arduous, but rewarding process. Soon I will be editing files in a text editor. This is all to literally realize my dreams in a 3D environment. I'm doing all this work because I don't want to spend the minimum $300 for a graphics card to use with a WYSIWYG engine. Perhaps this will get my brain into programming again. What was uncomfortable the day before, becomes routine the next.

You don't live here. If you ask to stay on days you're not scheduled to, have the decency to follow rules and not lie about it when you get caught.
You will ruin a step-relation pretty **** quickly that way.

Rodent said:
VanillaCreme said:

Racism even exists in trying to not be racist. Because when we put one color in, another one is pushed out. Jobs should be sacrificed, right? All in the name's sake of equality! Quality gets traded in for equality... What's this world crumbling to...

~

Does that surprise you? I mean, perhaps you shouldn't put yourself out there so much, so exposed. If you do, that's on you. You can't turn around and point fingers because someone doesn't hold the same standard as you do.

I know it's hard to get over ingrained disabling thinking. It has to be harder for black people. Even Native Americans owned them. White people even promoted thug and pimp culture for a while.

I feel like I'm finally coming into my own. My other friends seem to have all done this over the last few years and I've been worried that it wouldn't happen for me. The question is, have I left it too late?

VanillaCreme said:
Racism even exists in trying to not be racist. Because when we put one color in, another one is pushed out. Jobs should be sacrificed, right? All in the name's sake of equality! Quality gets traded in for equality... What's this world crumbling to...

Not in the eyes of these people. To them racism against certain colors does not exist and what matters is equality of outcome instead of opportunity and diversity of appearance...not of viewpoints. honeysuckle, I could rant about that all day...

Mick Travis said:
I know it's hard to get over ingrained disabling thinking. It has to be harder for black people. Even Native Americans owned them. White people even promoted thug and pimp culture for a while.

And black people owned black people. The majority of slaves that were shipped across the Atlantic were not snatched off the beaches, they were sold by other black people.

I'm all in favor of solutions to this conundrum, but solutions from the bottom-up, not from the top-down. Quotas and affirmative action that violate the principle of meritocracy are not going to fix this.

Mick Travis said:

It's no harder for black folks than it can be for anyone else. I've been black my whole life, and things have never been any harder for me because of it. All this "Black Lives Matter" bullshit is just that - caca poopoo. It's an excuse to act like animals.

And want to talk about people owning black folks... Who do you think sold them? Other black people. That's who. I have no sympathy for black folks now, nor do I ever expect any reparations for being black. And it's ridiculous that people actually think that should happen.

VanillaCreme said:
Mick Travis said:

It's no harder for black folks than it can be for anyone else. I've been black my whole life, and things have never been any harder for me because of it. All this "Black Lives Matter" bullshit is just that - caca poopoo. It's an excuse to act like animals.

And want to talk about people owning black folks... Who do you think sold them? Other black people. That's who. I have no sympathy for black folks now, nor do I ever expect any reparations for being black. And it's ridiculous that people actually think that should happen.

A seriously valid point of view... hope we hear more from you. : )

Latest posts

Back