What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is just me or is it more about exploitation than "helping" people?

I think everyone knows what I'm talking about.

9006 said:
It is just me or is it more about exploitation than "helping" people?

I think everyone knows what I'm talking about.

No, Haven't a clue what you're talking about

A blocking function that actually made users completely invisible for each other (instead of just minimizing their post which becomes clickable to open) would be fantastic.

Tuathaniel said:
A blocking function that actually made users completely invisible for each other (instead of just minimizing their post which becomes clickable to open) would be fantastic.

Don't open their post. I know it's hard. Especially when they make arguing easy :club:

AmytheTemperamental said:
Tuathaniel said:

Don't open their post. I know it's hard. Especially when they make arguing easy :club:

And especially when you know they're lying about you in some of their posts, because you've seen it in a reply quote from someone else. It makes me really uncomfortable that this person can see my posts when he behaves in such a manner.

Tuathaniel said:
AmytheTemperamental said:
Tuathaniel said:

And especially when you know they're lying about you in some of their posts, because you've seen it in a reply quote from someone else. It makes me really uncomfortable that this person can see my posts when he behaves in such a manner.

You have the choice to ignore them, whether you utilize the block feature or not. It's a choice you make to respond to someone. You don't have to. And if it bothers you so, feel free to report whatever you feel is inappropriate.

You have the choice to ignore them, whether you utilize the block feature or not. It's a choice you make to respond to someone. You don't have to. And if it bothers you so, feel free to report whatever you feel is inappropriate.

I know I don't have to respond, and except for once, I haven't. But I don't have the choice to ignore them when their posts are used in reply quotes made by someone else. Also, not knowing whatever lies and crap they say about me because they've read some of my posts, is just as bad as knowing and getting bothered by it. I can't report or fight the injustice I don't see, thus by "blocking" said user I'm only making myself available for attacks from which I can't defend myself. 

If there's no way of getting a full, proper block function on the forum, then that's understandable. Technology has its limits. But please stop trying to make me feel wrong for being uncomfortable with either reading lies someone spread about me, or not knowing what lies they are spreading because of whatever I recently posted that they've read. 

But if other people quote them, you'd see it whether you can fully block them or not. Quoting isn't lined up with the block function.

Tuathaniel said:

I know I don't have to respond, and except for once, I haven't. But I don't have the choice to ignore them when their posts are used in reply quotes made by someone else. Also, not knowing whatever lies and crap they say about me because they've read some of my posts, is just as bad as knowing and getting bothered by it. I can't report or fight the injustice I don't see, thus by "blocking" said user I'm only making myself available for attacks from which I can't defend myself. 

If there's no way of getting a full, proper block function on the forum, then that's understandable. Technology has its limits. But please stop trying to make me feel wrong for being uncomfortable with either reading lies someone spread about me, or not knowing what lies they are spreading because of whatever I recently posted that they've read. 

Don't you think that's a little paranoid, though?  How do you know they are telling lies?  Where are they telling lies?  Honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about with that one.  But, how would you deal with that in real life...if someone was telling lies about you?

Don't you think that's a little paranoid, though?  How do you know they are telling lies?  Where are they telling lies?  Honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about with that one.  But, how would you deal with that in real life...if someone was telling lies about you?

It probably is a little paranoid, and that's exactly why a proper block function would be very helpful. It would enable me to relax and put the paranoia away if I knew that person couldn't make unfair comments about something I've posted. I know he was telling lies about me because I saw his comment in a quote reply. It's been a month since I "blocked" him and haven't communicated with him at all since then, but to know that he still now attacks me in random threads does indeed make me uncomfortable. 

Also, having to repeatedly defend myself as to why this makes me uncomfortable, doesn't help either.

The ultimate BLOCK for some people is to just ignore them ... do NOT pay any attention to them. Everyone has a right to their opinion but also everyone has a right not to listen to that opinion. And as regards people spreading lies about anyone, I try my best to disprove their lies, for example if someone is accused of being an alcoholic, show them otherwise by abstaining from all alcohol, just for a little while. If someone is accused of deviant behavior, prove their lies wrong by kindness and compassion. Good deeds will ALWAYS outweigh any lies. It work for Jesus Christ, who was accused of being a drunkard and a friend of sinners.

Tuathaniel said:
Don't you think that's a little paranoid, though?  How do you know they are telling lies?  Where are they telling lies?  Honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about with that one.  But, how would you deal with that in real life...if someone was telling lies about you?

It probably is a little paranoid, and that's exactly why a proper block function would be very helpful. It would enable me to relax and put the paranoia away if I knew that person couldn't make unfair comments about something I've posted. I know he was telling lies about me because I saw his comment in a quote reply. It's been a month since I "blocked" him and haven't communicated with him at all since then, but to know that he still now attacks me in random threads does indeed make me uncomfortable. 

Also, having to repeatedly defend myself as to why this makes me uncomfortable, doesn't help either.

You said you couldn't defend yourself from things you can't see, but if you saw that person spreading lies about you why didn't you report then? Are you sure those are attacks and not only someone disagreeing with something you said?

I don't mean to make you defend yourself, just don't understand the feeling is all. If someone did spread lies about me I would probably try to prove them wrong or not be fazed at all since I know it's a lie.

Latest posts

Back