What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh FFS your inefficiency means i've wasted yet another hour twiddling my thumbs waiting for you to rectify it AAAGGGHHH!

evanescencefan912 said:
sometimes I feel like I'm just scrolling my life away, need some more things to do.

I've felt that way too, many times.  At the same time, I've found a lot of neat things on the net, and especially here, a place to unburden myself from my thoughts.  I guess I need to get better at balancing the two - real life, and the net.

Today was one of those "how am I this old already, where have all the years gone" days.  I hope there's still time enough left to do the things I want to, and the things I don't know I want to yet.

A lady I used to work with, informed me that she blocked me on Facebook 2 years ago when she quit and that she hoped I didn't take offense. She took more offense to me telling her that I didn't notice. And I honestly did not.

Tired of certain people talking about me behind my back. Why don't you say it to my face.

TheRealCallie said:
Rodent said:
AmytheTemperamental said:
Rodent said:
From one nuisance to another. Cardiology, here I come.

Routine checkup?

Nope, blood pressure way off for my age.

Want some of my beta blockers?

Not yet. I'm gonna have go through a 24-hour monitoring first, so they can tell me whether it's consistent. Especially since it was way lower when I measured it at my parents once (though still higher than average).

Rodent said:
TheRealCallie said:
Rodent said:
AmytheTemperamental said:
Rodent said:
From one nuisance to another. Cardiology, here I come.

Routine checkup?

Nope, blood pressure way off for my age.

Want some of my beta blockers?

Not yet. I'm gonna have go through a 24-hour monitoring first, so they can tell me whether it's consistent. Especially since it was way lower when I measured it at my parents once (though still higher than average).

Perhaps it's just 'White Coat Syndrome'?

I hate having to interact with anyone, let alone medical professionals, so whenever they take my blood pressure in a medical facility it comes back incredibly high. The last time they took it, they wanted to admit me on the spot as my systolic pressure was 197. I've had a lifetime of this, so I explained the situation and politely declined. I tested it myself in a stress free environment and it was back in the 120s.

They wanted to put me on beta blockers when I was around your age, but I bought a high end monitor of my own and took it into the doctor's office to show them that the rise in BP was just a reaction to my dislike of social interaction with perceived authority figures :)

I'm going to try antidepressants. I hope they work. I don't know what else to do if they don't. I hope I can get them soon.

Paraiyar said:
I honestly cannot believe I'm 26.

25 and thereabouts was more difficult to accept than 30.

I made the mistake of looking at the ForeverAlone 30+ subreddit... Knew it was a bad idea.

ardour said:
Paraiyar said:
I honestly cannot believe I'm 26.

25  and thereabouts was more difficult to accept than 30.

I made the mistake of looking at the ForeverAlone 30+  subreddit... Knew it was a bad idea.

Hope that is the case for me.

Hoping looking at the subreddit hasn't dented you too much. Hope 2017 changes things for you.

Latest posts

Back