What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite a few articulate and dryly amusing posts. yet it's all just bitter older men relentlessly psyching themselves out, with nary a success story.

TheRealCallie said:
My brother is like that.  He's fine until he goes to the doctor, then he has high blood pressure.

user 130057 said:
Perhaps it's just 'White Coat Syndrome'?

I hate having to interact with anyone, let alone medical professionals, so whenever they take my blood pressure in a medical facility it comes back incredibly high. The last time they took it, they wanted to admit me on the spot as my systolic pressure was 197. I've had a lifetime of this, so I explained the situation and politely declined. I tested it myself in a stress free environment and it was back in the 120s.

They wanted to put me on beta blockers when I was around your age, but I bought a high end monitor of my own and took it into the doctor's office to show them that the rise in BP was just a reaction to my dislike of social interaction with perceived authority figures :)

I hope it turns out to be just an environment-dependent situation. As much as I try to remain calm there, my body seems to disagree. And to be honest, I find my local doctor here quite unsympathetic. The nurses are fine though, they even manage to get some blood out of my stick figure arms.

Anyways, I'll just go through with it. Ideally I don't have to waste any money just to have them hand me a monitor for 24 hours and some results later. Thanks for your concern, folks.

Paraiyar said:
I honestly cannot believe I'm 26.

I felt the same way then. I've started feeling that way pretty much every year since 24 or so, maybe even a bit before that. I thought I had forever to figure things out and yet, here I am. It's funny that I used to think school years dragged on forever but now it seems the years pass like months. 2011, 2012, and some of 2013 seemed to go normally but after that, each year since has been the fastest year of my life. And these past 2 months have zipped by too.

ardour said:
25 and thereabouts was more difficult to accept than 30.

I made the mistake of looking at the ForeverAlone 30+ subreddit... Knew it was a bad idea.

Yeah 30 has been hard for me too. I don't know if I should feel old or not, since 30 is up there but at the same time it's also kind of not, it's not elderly or middle age really anymore thanks to modern science. And it doesn't help to think I'm old, so I try not to let it get to me. I felt old when I was younger and I'm going to feel even older when I'm older so it won't do any good to get down about it now. But, I do feel like it came rather quickly and it's a bit of a shock that I'm here already and still trying to figure out who I am, where and how to fit in to the bigger picture, and feeling like there's something wrong with me that i haven't been able to do it yet.

And yeah....that foreveralone subreddit is bad news. I'm not even saying they're wrong, or condemning them in any way, but it's a total morale crusher. I try to steer clear.

honeysuckle, got the results of the MRI back............."numerous abnormalities on the brain", possibly clots.
I am so scared. Two of my family have vascular dementia as a result of clots on the brain and now don't know who or where they are.
I don't know if I can cope with this on my own :(

Jently said:
honeysuckle, got the results of the MRI back............."numerous abnormalities on the brain", possibly clots.
I am so scared.   Two of my family have vascular dementia as a result of clots on the brain and now don't know who or where they are.

I hope everything will work out for you, Jently. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Jently said:
I am so scared.   Two of my family have vascular dementia as a result of clots on the brain and now don't know who or where they are.

I'm sorry you've had some bad news and I wish I could make it better.

Guess I should be thankful that the current major issue in my life is only sleep deprivation ...but I can't control the level of discomfort.

DarkSelene said:
Guess I should be thankful that the current major issue in my life is only sleep deprivation ...but I can't control the level of discomfort.

Try not to diminish what you're sufffering DarkSelene, there's a reason that it's used as a method of torture - it's excruciating.
Here's hoping you get some peaceful sleep very soon x

constant stranger said:
Jently said:

I'm sorry you've had some bad news and I wish I could make it better.

Thanks Constant Stranger, that means a lot.  Just hoping that our health service doesn't keep me waiting too long for the next step, not knowing is horrid.

2014officespace3.gif

lol!! this always makes me laugh. c:

curses I can't sleep

and I can't figure out how to post videos here
[video]
[video]ucmsunDs3jE[/video]
[youtube]
[youtube]watch?v=ucmsunDs3jE[/youtube]

some help would be nice please

Latest posts

Back