What are Your Quirks?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millarca

Reaction score
I have a few:

I don't like for my food to touch on my plate!
I can't sleep with any doors in or to the room open.
Grain/grainy foods make me gag - grits, rice, oatmeal, cereal, etc.
Water makes me gag unless it's flavored.
I can't drink carbonated drinks at all - they hurt my throat.

I have lots more, but I can't think of 'em right now.

Your turn!

EDIT: Another one - I have to have some sort of noise in the room before I can go to sleep, like a fan, even when it's very cold inside or out.

I can lick my left elbow but not my right.
I have the TV volume set to 12, 15, 20 or 25. Never anything else.
The same thing about food touching.

Heisenburger said:
I can lick my left elbow but not my right.

LOL :)

Same thing with the bedroom door. It has to be shut AND locked. Also, I can't have my foot hanging over the side of the bed because I'm afraid something will grab me in the dark.
And before I can go to sleep, I need to apply several layers of lip cream.

I have more, but my head is not working right now.

I eat sandwiches with a fork.

I also sleep with a fan on for the noise.

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them at the moment.

daughter of the moon said:
Also, I can't have my foot hanging over the side of the bed because I'm afraid something will grab me in the dark.

I'm the same about that. Plus when I was younger I would always pull the duvet right under my chin to protect my throat from vampires! :rolleyes:

I also always make my boyfriend sleep closest to the door.

I get migraines. I have these special glasses which I put on. They make me look like Roy Orbison. The migraine goes after 20 minutes or so. I get them once a week on average.

The people at work are afraid to touch anything in my office or not put it back in the EXACT place they got it from. That COULD be because I act like I want to chop them up into tiny pieces when I reach for something and it's not there or has been moved. :) lol

I have an adversity to organization. The more chaotic the plans the better my level of creativity. Oh, I find it hard to cook when there is way too much food in the fridge. I like bare cupboards, but I can't stand a dirty, dusty or filthy house :)

My quirks?...Geez, where do I begin?...

EveWasFramed said:
The people at work are afraid to touch anything in my office or not put it back in the EXACT place they got it from. That COULD be because I act like I want to chop them up into tiny pieces when I reach for something and it's not there or has been moved. :) lol

Really....I would never have guessed! ;)

MTrip said:
My quirks?...Geez, where do I begin?...

EveWasFramed said:

Really....I would never have guessed! ;)

Lol....bite me.

I always have to turn my mirror around before going to sleep! Lol, no idea why... :shy:

When i walk, my foot cannot possibly cross any cement. As in, i have to place my foot right on the stone tablet thingy.

If a lantern is to my right, then i cannot set my right foot right next to it. It has to be the left. To create more space, etc.

When on a bicycle, i have to either avoid all stripes or cross them all the way. Prefferably the latter.

When on a highway, i have to wink in between passing cars, with the eye that is on the side of said cars. An itch with the corresponding eye will do, too.

I always have to walk on the beat my music is going. If this is undesirable due to ridiculous speeds, i need to make another sound, with my hands for example. There's music going on in my head 24/7. Either i'm listening or i'm making up compositions in my head that are appropiate to the way i am feeling at that moment.

I'm not sure if these things are quirks as i don't know the exact meaning.

I never try food during cooking. Nor I use measurements and that kinda things.
I like to make the most ridiculous stories and watch if people believe them. Like, for instance, making up stories about when I fought in the 1 World War (Actually true in fact, I was in the third regiment on the east front. I got injured near the end of war, and went astray after our convoy was attacked by revolutionary bolsheviks, so I spend two whole months walking thru winter taiga, trying to reach the town our army build near Ural. I was bleeding almost all the time, as I did not have tools to take out that few bullets, not to sew up the stab wounds, so after a while, a pack of wolves found me, and followed me until we reached the hills where we fought. Even when I won, and the wolves run away, I was not in a state to walk any further. I lost my consciousness.... But this is a long story, and this is not a place for me to tell it. Not that I told you the beginning in the first place).
Things displaced in my house make me really angry and disappointed in the state of the world.
I almost always wear my ring with me when going outside. And the thought of ever loosing it drives me really mad. I would really become crazy if that were to happen.

I tap on my desk when I'm waiting for something to print or finish loading. I just HAVE to be doing something.

I won't take a full lunch even though my employers prefers that I do so. Again, I just have to be doing something. If I eat in 20 minutes, for example, 40 minutes is not enough time to really drive anywhere/take care of errands, so I'd rather just go back to work. So I'm a ridiculous person in that I don't allow myself a full hour for lunch, even if I've worked seven hours or more.

I just hate, hate, hate when I walk into work and I can tell that someone has been near, or has used, my desk. A few days ago, I saw an email on my desk that a coworker printed from their computer. LIKE WHY IS THIS ON MY DESK??? WHY?? All is WRONG with the world.

daughter of the moon said:
Millarca said:
I can't sleep with my feet covered!

Really?? Oh wow, that would be my nightmare - not having my feet covered.

Why? It's the best!!

I like things in Alphabetical order and I wash my hands alot, total OCD

Oh. It doesn't matter how reputable the place is, I always think my dog has been abused and/or misused during his time away from me. If he's boarded or goes to a daycare, I almost always inspect him and watch him for any mood changes. If he goes to sleep after a WHOLE DAY at daycare, I'm like, "OMGGGG MY BAYBEEEE WHY IS HE SLEEPING AFTER EIGHT HOURS OF NONSTOP PLAY??? WHAT DID THEY DO TO HIM???"

Concerned dog mommy or "quirky"? I say the former.

Whatever.

:p

Latest posts

Back