What are your top 5 favorite bands?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

ScorpioIris

1>Iron Maiden
2<Megadeth
3<Nirvana
4<KMFDM
5<Alice and Chains

There are many more but these are my top 5.

1. Europe
2. Iron Maiden (Nice choice!)
3. Judas Priest
4. Guns 'N Roses
5. Metallica

1. Korn
2. Nine Inch Nails
3. Marilyn Manson
4. Paradise Lost
5. Metallica

What a bunch of metalheads we all are!:D

Joe Satriani
Led Zeppelin
Papa Roach
Scorpions
Rolling Stones

I'm not sure if these are the top 5.
I listen to a lot of hard rock or 80's metal, nu metal or melladic metal..I guess it's call power metal, IDK
I like bands like maiden, queensryche, ozzy, ac/dc, Boston, Limp bizkit, The beatles even Billy Idol or madona.
I even listen to country music such as George Striaght. I even listen to new age music or jazz
I'm have Entwine in my car or the radio.

I try to listen to a veriety of music..This way I don't go into shock when I go out with a chick:p
My work buddy had RAP on in the work truck all the **** time...I hated it at first but got used to
it after a while. **** 500watts of bass rattle the truck apart..lmao

1. Led Zeppelin...had to edit AGAIN..because TOOL is always in a tie with Zep for me! Maynard Is ******* Awesome!!!!
2. Crosby,Stills,Nash and Young
3. Graham Nash/EmmyLou Harris/The Flying Burrito Brothers
4. John Lennon/ George Harrison
5. Hank Williams Jr (yeah yeah I know) but this is some serious drinking music!
honeysuckle where do I put Eric Clapton...or BB King or Stevie Ray Vaughn...hmmm 5 spaces simply is not enough for me .....

Sorry some of these are individuals....but they had bands playing with them, they were just the creating force behind the music!
I really do love all kinds of music however I do worship at the Church of Jimmy Page and Led Zep is my life force. Not enough time space words etc to tell who are my favorites.
Now I am going to have to watch 'Almost Famous' and get all nostalgic and wish I was born in a different generation. I would have been a Led Zep Band Aid!!! For Sure!

1. Metallica
2. Queensryche
3. Type O Negative
4. Tool
5. Sevendust

Dain..Led , your hubby must be one luckie dude to have a rock'n chick for a wife.

Claptop is GOD..that's where you put him:p

Lonesome Crow said:
Dain..Led , your hubby must be one luckie dude to have a rock'n chick for a wife.

Claptop is GOD..that's where you put him:p

chick takes a bow to lonesome....you are such a sweetie!

hmm tough to put them in an order
i'll try
1.Evanescence XD
2. Linkin Park
3. The offspring
4. Afi
5. Rise Against

ya something llike that
:)

1. Metallica
2. Iron Maiden
3. Megadeth
4. Guns n' Roses (anything before the "chinese Democracy" album)
5. The Police

1. Clark
2. Venetian Snares (Rossz Csillag. . . and My Downfall)
3. Clint Mansell (Requiem For a Dream / The Fountain Soundtracks)
4. Pink Floyd (Animals, old Floyd)
5. Tool

First three are artist, not bands, but same difference

This is so hard. But I want to see if I can do it.

(after ten minutes of agonizing)

1. Radiohead
2. Sunset Rubdown
3. Arcade Fire
4. Wolf Parade
5. Flogging Molly

ffff I'm not even sure about that order.

I agree...very difficult...soooo many good bands out there...I also tend to find that my taste in music accompanies my mood...so one moment it might be Metal, the next it may be Opera?!

so after giving this way too much thought I decided to put down the bands whose songs mean most to me...

1. Meatloaf (Bat Out of Hell...the sound track of my life for some odd reason)
2. Metalica (my fav song is Unforgiven)
3. Guns & Roses (and all those Glam boys from the 80's...god I had such a good time :p)
4. Bob Dylan...because his poems are awesome
5. Don Williams (my Dad loved CW...reminds me of him now he's gone)

1.) Iron & Wine
2.) William Fitzsimmons
3.) Azure Ray
4.) My Brightest Diamond
5.) Milosh

:D

Grin
Vietnam Veterans
Kapt Kopter
Canned Heat
Tuff Darts

skippy said:
This is so hard. But I want to see if I can do it.

(after ten minutes of agonizing)

1. Radiohead
2. Sunset Rubdown
3. Arcade Fire
4. Wolf Parade

ffff I'm not even sure about that order.

Wow. I have to say that you have an amazing list there. Props to being a Sunset Rubdown fan. I think you are the only person in this forum that listens to them besides myself lol

I listen to music based on mood, and it really is tough for me to always figure out what my favourite bands are since it always changes almost weekly to be honest. According to my last.fm though I like bands that only start with A and B :p

1 Animal Collective
2 Aphex Twin
3 Arthur Russell
4 Blonde Redhead
5 Boards of Canada

I really can't produce an true top-5 list, because there's easily 20-30 bands I'd rate as equally as good overall. Some produce works of genius in between years of mediocrity, other's are just consistent over a dozen albums, some have lasted two decades, others are more recent...how does one decide what quality is worth rating above others...so this is the best I can do at the moment.

1. Forefather
2. Nightwish
3. Blind Guardian
4. Sabaton
5. Iron Maiden

Latest posts

Back