We tried marriage counselling

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CenotaphGirl

Under the dirt, that’s my home ⚰️
Reaction score
I Love You Hug GIF

So Rob and I thought it would be fun to try a marriage counselling exercise despite us only being engaged.

The exercise was to write 5 things we liked about each other and 5 things we disliked about our relationship (not each other) and not show each other until after.

The results were crazy! Literally identical however not in the same order but as follows:

1. Caring nature
2. Christian values
3. Very attractive
4. Funny
5. X rated lol

Okay okay so what about the dislikes of the relationship

1. Communication
2. Ex’s are involved
3. Limited free time
4. Social expectations
5. No children together

According to the exercise… the fact that our answers are the same indicates that we are on the same page. Also ready to take accountability with our short comings within the relationship. I had fun trying it, my bro thought it would cause a fight 😂 but I genuinely feel more confident that my Rob understands my feelings and I understand his.

Good! I'm glad that you two will be able to improve based upon these exercises. It's nice to know that you're on the same page and can work together towards ironing out the folds.

you mentioned sex but not money :giggle:
Caring means money to me and nurture to him its a beautiful thing

Good! I'm glad that you two will be able to improve based upon these exercises. It's nice to know that you're on the same page and can work together towards ironing out the folds.
I was shocked however, I like the exercise as its so positive and makes the relationship the focus and not who has more shortcomings than who

Latest posts

Back