What do you like to lose yourself in?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

innerfyre

Reaction score
Hey all, I am curious as to what everyone else does in regards to when they just feel like getting away/and/or not thinking about anything whatsoever at the time you want to forget and not think.

I find working out helps me, allows me to just focus on what I currently am doing. I also occasionally am able to turn on a tune and just melt away and just listen to the beat while forgetting everything else.

Otherwise, if I need to think or am feeling down I like to take long night drives. I remember this one time I drove for 4 hours....it was like 4am and I was like...where the heck am I?I had flipped on some tunes and lost myself while aimlessly driving. I hadn't even realised I went so far. Fortunately my mother didn't freak out at the time as she knew I went for long random drives sometimes. Do I ever miss my car here, being at college I cant afford one :D.

When doing certain things..I just try to lose myself in the moment...do my best to not think about all the crap around me, how much I hate the world and only focus on that moment in time. I find it helps me get through some of the tougher situations ive been through in life.

What does everyone else do to just "Lose themselves" in moments of mindless bliss?

I like to read ..thank god I have so many books. Music is great too..I play piano a lot when I'm down. I wish I could use exercise more

Books are also very good, it has been ages since I have picked one up. When I was younger I always lost myself in books, I loved fantasy books....my most favorite :D I dont know why I stopped reading...I should get back into it :/

innerfyre said:
Hey all, I am curious as to what everyone else does in regards to when they just feel like getting away/and/or not thinking about anything whatsoever at the time you want to forget and not think.

I find working out helps me, allows me to just focus on what I currently am doing. I also occasionally am able to turn on a tune and just melt away and just listen to the beat while forgetting everything else.

Otherwise, if I need to think or am feeling down I like to take long night drives. I remember this one time I drove for 4 hours....it was like 4am and I was like...where the heck am I?I had flipped on some tunes and lost myself while aimlessly driving. I hadn't even realised I went so far. Fortunately my mother didn't freak out at the time as she knew I went for long random drives sometimes. Do I ever miss my car here, being at college I cant afford one :D.

When doing certain things..I just try to lose myself in the moment...do my best to not think about all the crap around me, how much I hate the world and only focus on that moment in time. I find it helps me get through some of the tougher situations ive been through in life.

What does everyone else do to just "Lose themselves" in moments of mindless bliss?

Agreed! After working out it feels like your body just relaxes, you feel good. I also like to drive (I'm learning). :D

My favorite thing to do is lose myself watching House episodes. :p

music, comedy, tv, video games, sleep, information, fiction, mystery, subtext, nature and its seasons, food, animals, nurturing, exercise, doing laundry, shower, reading, my personal world..

where the hell am i? :]

Sleeping mostly. Sometimes watching my favorite sitcoms and anime helps too. I also read manga when I have the chance as well. What really helps is day dreaming with music playing.

Playing guitar, videogames, work out, watching a movie/serie.

I'd like to go sit on a cliff sometimes but i don't have anything like that in this grey city :(

music
definitely
wipes out just bout ne issue in minutes

A good book. Movies, museums, music. Writing, drawing. Lots of stuff. My life is one big existential crisis in which I try to remain distracted for as long as possible from the awful truth that there's no objective purpose or meaning to anything.

sex. when I want to let go my thoughts casual sex is the best.

smoking weed works for me as well. combined with sex is the best! ;)

and as been said already night driving can do the job. I love driving over wide and empty Highways with the volume high and windows open while accelerating the velocity as much as I can!

mana said:
sex. when I want to let go my thoughts casual sex is the best.

smoking weed works for me as well. combined with sex is the best! ;)

and as been said already night driving can do the job. I love driving over wide and empty Highways with the volume high and windows open while accelerating the velocity as much as I can!

True that, I actually havent smoked in about 3 weeks...during the summer I smoked pretty heavily, and had gained a fair amount of weight. Although now I feel like I dont really want to smoke these days, yet I still understand that there are many benefits to Cannabis but is not for everyone. I still love those friday nights when I have a bit of weed and just toke a couple bowls, relax to music and the like.

Although with my studies ive needed to stay extremely focused and the like, so I have decided to slow it down a lot.

I want to avoid the stigma of "stoner" although everyone does know I smoke in my suite, which is fine.

And yea, I really miss my car, hopefully during the summer I will have enough money to either buy a truck or possibly a mustang (not too sure as I know they are honeysuckle in the winter and I live in a place where we get snow haha) but I would still get one :p...

For me, it's music, some books and video games- they are my escape from the dull monotone of reality. :)

I like working out too.

But music is my favourite thing to zone out into. My thoughts can completely change when a song comes on and it potentially changes my mood which is really helpful at times.

Bit of weed too lol :)

Video games or my hobbies. Just go to another world where you don't have to worry about anything for awhile.

Reading, writing poems, video games, music, chilling, sleeping, day dreaming, anime...

Yea, I really do enjoy day dreaming when I am awake and just feel like lying in bed. I put on some ambient music and the thoughts just run...mostly unrealistic dreams though...but its definitely a substitute for reality which I need sometimes.

These days I am feeling pretty lost even when among friends, even thinking about it right now makes me sad....time to go study then get lost in some music :/.

Latest posts

Back