What do you think is going on?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True. Thing is, once I 'Like' someone in that way, I can't just be friends with them. I will envy anyone they like. I will not like knowing what they do with others. It would be awkward to talk to them. It's all or nothing in situations like this. Always has been. I've tried to get on with people like this before. Never works. I always feel unhappy inside. Like I'm letting myself be taken for a fool.

Precisely. It looks as though I will never know the truth, as usual.

Update: Guess what?

"i speak to you..sorry that i've been busy..." She said.

She appears to have no clue about what's going on. Think's she's been the same as ever.

Gutted said:
No I don't need the hassle. I was really very happy before I met her. I was open to a relationship but it wasn't something I was desperately looking for (Nor will it ever be I think) Now I am less happy, despite not losing anything. She is doing this to me.

Absolutely not. I think 90% of the people she knows are guys. Not sure how often she talks to them though. She doesn't appear to say much to them on Facebook, but she does seem to add one guy or another every few days. At least, she's added around 10 guys in the time I've known her. She told me when we met that she's only had 1 BF in her life and that she doesn't do anything with anyone outside of relationships. Sounds nice but I think it's fair to assume she flirts with others the same way she flirts with me.

That's a possibility. Another possibility might be that she is completely oblivious to the stuff she is doing and how it's effecting us. People can be that clumsy. Will have to wait and see though.

It's becoming less and less worth it by the day. I just want closure now. As I type this, I am trying to talk to her. But she is apparently busy. To be honest, I think we all know where this is going.

Thanks for your response!

cut your losses and put it down to experience !

I've less then 30 minutes to make a decision. Part of me says don't do it. If she is telling the truth about being busy, I will throw away a fairly good opportunity. Not one of the best though as I've always been put off girls with kids. I've just made an exception for this one. Another part of me says do it. Why put myself through any more doubt? Even if nothing is up and she is only busy, she is still acting weird. If this is normal behavior from her then me and her wont work. I prefer slightly more consistency.

Gutted said:
Just an update on what's going on. She is still being funny with me. She spoke to me this morning. But it was the way any of us would talk. Not her normal personal way. I might make today D (Decision) Day and confront her again. If I do, I will tell her the suspisions of everyone I've spoken to and I will have a few words of advice. I'm sorry but I don't do this honeysuckle. I don't do being indoubt or having to second guess, as someone on here already said. I have the rest of my working day to figure out what to do.

You maybe wasting your breath. If she wasn't honest before, why would she be honest now? One thing I have learned is that people's actions are the best indicator of truth. Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you want closure. Limbo sucks.

I would like closure, yes. I think I said that here somewhere, lol. Yes limbo does suck. I called it a day.

My final message..

Take care Lucy. It was a pleasure knowing you. Shame it was cut short by whatever the hell happened last week. There is plenty I could say. But it wont make any difference to this situation. So I will leave it. I hope that if you're ever in this position again, you understand more about what is happening. A word of advice. Don't seek relationships whilst you're not ready for them. You aren't ready for one I think. You've other priorities. I on the other hand, want one. Don't take that the wrong way. I mean it in the nicest possible sense. They say if you Love someone, set them free, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.. Just thought I would share that with you for some reason.. You can reach me on the phone if you are interested in whatever. Bye, Angel X X X

Gutted said:
I've less then 30 minutes to make a decision. Part of me says don't do it. If she is telling the truth about being busy, I will throw away a fairly good opportunity. Not one of the best though as I've always been put off girls with kids. I've just made an exception for this one. Another part of me says do it. Why put myself through any more doubt? Even if nothing is up and she is only busy, she is still acting weird. If this is normal behavior from her then me and her wont work. I prefer slightly more consistency.

Opps,just seeing this. It does seem like a lot of work. I hope you're ok.

I've never known anyone's account to be hacked. Facebook seems pretty secure.

My theory is that after getting to know you she decided she didn't like you, blocked you, then had a mild change of heart. Perhaps she thought she was being a bit harsh or something, or decided to keep you as an option if relationships with other guys didn't pan out... it doesn't matter because she's not into you. Move on.

I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me if what i say seems inappropriate and i will understand if you tell me to get stuffed. But i think you've made a mistake.

I've read through this thread, and all i can see is people jumping to the worst case scenario. And i fear it may have cost you a friendship Gutted. People have bad weeks, they can have cold feet, second thoughts. She may have blocked or removed you, but surely the fact that she resumed contact counts for something.

I think people were too quick to tell you to ditch her and move on. You've got to show some trust, no matter how badly you've been hurt in the past, or you'll become stuck in a cycle of running away the minute things don't seem to be running smoothly.

I hope she get's back in touch with you, i really do. If not i hope you find someone else and that perhaps you don't allow your anxieties to play on your mind so much (easier said than done, i know).

What really gets on my nerves is when they aren't just straight about it. If they aren't interested they aren't interested and they should let the person know. Not do all this bs and then make bs excuses. How stupid do they think we are really?

Lol, Nal x]

Rdor - Part of me has thought that too. It would explain why she has been so off with me since she came back.

Spiderpope - Get stuffed! ;) Nah but seriously, this is something I've thought about. Thing is, she seems fine on Facebook. She always talks about what she is doing on her wall and she is not busy. Not any more busy then she has been since I've known her. Yesterday whilst I was talking to her, trying to get answers, she was posting that she is bored and doesn't know what to do. She had zero interest in sorting out this situation. I'd wait 30 minutes for her to give me one sentence and she couldn't even be bothered with spelling. I KNOW something was up. Also, friendship was not what I wanted. It was more. As I've said, once I want a girl like that, we can't just be friends. It's all or nothing.

Dear-_-Tragedy - I agree. It was the point I was trying to make with her. Just be honest. Tell me straight. It's what I want. But nope. She'd just play the dummy card. Talk as though she has no idea what is going on. If she really didn't notice a change then she really can't have cared like I did.

Then make her be honest. Tell her that she seems indifferent and ask her if there's any point in continuing with the messages. You've already let the cat out of the bag about your primary interest being in a relationship. If you don't get a reply then there's your answer.

Did that with no luck lol. It's over now it seems. She hasn't texted or called. She really must have not been that interested :D

Come to think of it, I don't know why I was too. I was thinking about it today. I couldn't imagine myself being around a child for long. I barely spend any time at all around my own niece and nephew. Or any family for that matter. Plus I'd have to see her Ex, a guy she was with for 4 years, half of the time. Forget that, lol. Someone done me a favor :)

Gutted said:
Did that with no luck lol. It's over now it seems. She hasn't texted or called. She really must have not been that interested :D

Come to think of it, I don't know why I was too. I was thinking about it today. I couldn't imagine myself being around a child for long. I barely spend any time at all around my own niece and nephew. Or any family for that matter. Plus I'd have to see her Ex, a guy she was with for 4 years, half of the time. Forget that, lol. Someone done me a favor :)

I can sympathize on the not wanting to be around her Ex. My ex-s ex was always around sticking his fething nose into things, and you can't tell them to get stuffed without making yourself look insecure.

Yeah. I'd rather avoid that sorta thing where possible. It feels like the hardest thing in the world to lead a simple life these days.

Latest posts

Back