What Does " The Good Life" mean to you??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abe109

Reaction score
To me, the good life would be:
Having my own money and just be able to sit on my couch
pop open a six pack of dr. peppers
turn on the air conditioning
order chinese food and
watch TV all day

To me it would mean having a job that I was comfortable with, that didn't stress me out too much and gave me enough time and money to enjoy my hobbies (which I find a lot of joy and happiness in). Unfortunately, dealing with mental illness is complicating every aspect of my life and it leaves me doubtful to whether or not I'll ever be able to get what I just described.

To me, it would be falling in love, with that special someone.... that loved me back, having a family, and growing old enough to watch my family expand and pass on traditions etc......

To be able to stand over the mangled bodies of my enemies, victorious. No, wait that was me in a past life as Genghis Khan's evil twin sister, Genghina Khan.

I guess it would be to be at peace with myself and not be in a constant state of freaking out over the future. Or the present. Or the past, either for that matter... Jesus, I''m messed up.

cheaptrickfan said:
To be able to stand over the mangled bodies of my enemies, victorious.

YEAH!!! err...I mean...:club: Not nice. lol:p

cheaptrickfan said:
I guess it would be to be at peace with myself and not be in a constant state of freaking out over the future. Or the present. Or the past, either for that matter... Jesus, I''m messed up.

CTF...some of us are born that way - hardwired to be "worriers." I stopped beating myself up over it and learned to accept it a long time ago. It's who we ARE. Just recently I was asked, "Can't you ever just live in the moment?" I thought to myself, no, I can't. I'm not made that way. Sure, I can enjoy the moment, but my mind will always be thinking about what I already did and what I still need to do. It's just who I am.

As for a reply to the OP, I'll have to give that a bit of thought. :p

im a simple person. to me it would be having a job that i atleast halfway like making enough money to be able to live either on my own or with one other person and still be able to buy some games and movies every once in awhile. preferably it being either my sister or a woman i am in love with that i live with, as opposed to a random roommate. that would be the other part of "the good life" im missing, meeting that special someone.

EveWasFramed said:
CTF...some of us are born that way - hardwired to be "worriers." I stopped beating myself up over it and learned to accept it a long time ago. It's who we ARE. Just recently I was asked, "Can't you ever just live in the moment?" I thought to myself, no, I can't. I'm not made that way. Sure, I can enjoy the moment, but my mind will always be thinking about what I already did and what I still need to do. It's just who I am.

One of my nicknames the ex had for me was StressGirl. 'Nuff said.

*sigh*

I wonder if I'd be able to accept it better if people would just get out of my face about it. I am sick of people telling me to chill. I can do that well enough on my own. Tel myself to chill, that is, not actually CHILL. I can only chill if I've had some Rx drugs or a drink or two.

^^^Agree.

white-mouse.jpg

To find the one i dream of. The one that i fight for.

I dont need money, or friends, or vices, just Her.

I do not know what she looks like, what she likes doing, her hobbies or her fears; but its for her that i fight. For her that Im busting my hump to get a good career, so she and our children never need for anything. For her that I make sure everyday that i am a good man.

The good life would be Her and I watching 8 little kids, half her and half me, play in the yard, while knowing i give them everything they need. That is heaven.

cheaptrickfan said:
EveWasFramed said:

One of my nicknames the ex had for me was StressGirl. 'Nuff said.

*sigh*

I wonder if I'd be able to accept it better if people would just get out of my face about it. I am sick of people telling me to chill. I can do that well enough on my own. Tel myself to chill, that is, not actually CHILL. I can only chill if I've had some Rx drugs or a drink or two.

*shrugs* We aren't born with om/off switches so that we can just turn it off at will. Though, I admit that would be very nice. =\

Latest posts

Back