What is Friendship?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jafo said:
Friendship is fake. I got tired of being backstabbed by my so-called friends and told them to fresia off. Now I prefer to be alone. As they say, friends, who needs them?

It depends.

Frankly, I find that nowadays, most people are just interested in running their own agenda. They may feign friendship or appear friendly if you are needed for your time or money, or both. Like being part of a club or something like that. They are buddy buddy if they need you to run the concession stand or something like that.

delledonne11 said:
Frankly, I find that nowadays, most people are just interested in running their own agenda. They may feign friendship or appear friendly if you are needed for your time or money, or both. Like being part of a club or something like that. They are buddy buddy if they need you to run the concession stand or something like that.

I've never had so many friends as when I was the quickest-finishing student in a class or a kind-seeming person among the sympathy-hungry.

A good way to tell if you acknowledge your acquaintance as a real genuine friend, is when you can leave them in your house all by there-selves for hours, and you don't have a single worry in the world if they are abusing your trust or not.
If there is any doubt or worry at all, even a little bit. Then No, you are not fully acknowledging him or her as your friend.

In order for genuine friendship to work, trust and loyalty must be both mutually even across the board, if there is even a little of the either lacking. That friendship is fake at best and is only sure to eventually fail.

Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back