what is it about herpes?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
What is it about the highs and lows of herpes?My nephew got herpes many years ago,he treats my mom and I like honeysuckle,he hates us.

Sorry your nephew treats you and your mom this way.

What is it though? It could be physical pain and irritation, and it could be the humiliation from getting it since STDs tend to have a stigma.

I don't know if it actually affects the brain or mind in some way either, affecting his personality.

Was he like this before getting it? Or did his personality change afterwards?

FYI a majority of adults have HSV-1 (which despite what some may have heard, is very common below the waist too).
But, the vast majority of them have very mild (often unnoticeable) symptoms.
And the symptoms, in most healthy people, decrease over time.

Does your nephew have other health problems, use drugs, or have an inordinate amount of stress?
The fact that you said he has had it for many years tells me something else is going on in his life to cause severe outbreaks.

Last edited:
Sorry your nephew treats you and your mom this way.

What is it though? It could be physical pain and irritation, and it could be the humiliation from getting it since STDs tend to have a stigma.

I don't know if it actually affects the brain or mind in some way either, affecting his personality.

Was he like this before getting it? Or did his personality change afterwards?
thanks,his personality changed afterward.

FYI a majority of adults have HSV-1 (which despite what some may have heard, is very common below the waste too).
But, the vast majority of them have very mild (often unnoticeable) symptoms.
And the symptoms, in most healthy people, decrease over time.

Does your nephew have other health problems, use drugs, or have an inordinate amount of stress?
The fact that you said he has had it for many years tells me something else is going on in his life to cause severe outbreaks.
he has a very stressful job,he really hates his job,he just gets such mood swings all the time.

he has a very stressful job,he really hates his job,he just gets such mood swings all the time.
We all have stress (and I think on this site, more than most).
But if his job is VERY stressful, then yeah, that is a very common and well known trigger for HSV outbreaks.
And the mood swings may be part of other health issues he has.
He would really need to work on managing stress, health, diet, etc.. to control this.
If has had the same doctor all these years, maybe time to look for a new one?

We all have stress (and I think on this site, more than most).
But if his job is VERY stressful, then yeah, that is a very common and well known trigger for HSV outbreaks.
And the mood swings may be part of other health issues he has.
He would really need to work on managing stress, health, diet, etc.. to control this.
If has had the same doctor all these years, maybe time to look for a new one?
I agree,that is all so true,but about doctors,my nephew absolutely refuses to go to a doctor,he hates doctors,he thinks they don't know what their talking about.

I agree,that is all so true,but about doctors,my nephew absolutely refuses to go to a doctor,he hates doctors,he thinks they don't know what their talking about.
That's a problem.
Because the antivirals are very effective - even if only used short term.
He needs to see a doctor.
But sounds like it may be hard to convince him.
If you can't get through to him...I would say to just not get caught up in his further tirades.
You can't help people who refuse to help themselves.

thanks,his personality changed afterward.

Hmm. Yeah it could be a combination of things, increased irritability from the symptoms, combined with stress in his life.

What job does he do, that stresses him out so much?

And I agree with Unsigned, he should see a doctor and take the medicine, maybe that would help get the symptoms under control, and would improve his mood.

That's a problem.
Because the antivirals are very effective - even if only used short term.
He needs to see a doctor.
But sounds like it may be hard to convince him.
If you can't get through to him...I would say to just not get caught up in his further tirades.
You can't help people who refuse to help themselves.
Hmm. Yeah it could be a combination of things, increased irritability from the symptoms, combined with stress in his life.

What job does he do, that stresses him out so much?

And I agree with Unsigned, he should see a doctor and take the medicine, maybe that would help get the symptoms under control, and would improve his mood.
so true Unsigned
TheSkaFish he works at a car place,he does all the parts by working on the parts to cars.

Someone told me that had warts (so slightly different) uhh that anger makes it flare up and then the flare ups make him angry. So he got stuck in this loop. Maybe thats the issue, really sad :(

more on the warehouse side,keeping track of all the inventory.
Obviously I know nothing of the specifics, but that doesn't sound very stressful on its own.
Managing warehouse inventory seems rather tame to me.
Are people there stealing? Are his bosses jerks?
Anyways, like I said yesterday, he needs to see a good, understanding doctor.
Someone that will both prescribe the antivirals and give him a good plan for life/stress management skills.
His situation will not improve until that happens. It just won't.

Obviously I know nothing of the specifics, but that doesn't sound very stressful on its own.
Managing warehouse inventory seems rather tame to me.
Are people there stealing? Are his bosses jerks?
Anyways, like I said yesterday, he needs to see a good, understanding doctor.
Someone that will both prescribe the antivirals and give him a good plan for life/stress management skills.
His situation will not improve until that happens. It just won't.
I agree,it was his boss,but his boss has gotten a lot better with him lately.

Latest posts

Back