What Is It Like To Be You For One Day?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And since I asked the question..I'll describe my life.

I get up around 7:00 am to get ready for classes at 8:00. Depending on the class schedule - sometimes I am finished by 3 or 4:00. I don't have classes on Mondays..so twice a month on Mondays..I volunteer at a local nursing home. Weekends are spent running around trying to catch up with routine chores, homework, etc. While weekend nights are spent talking with friends - either on the phone or in person. I do try to get some time in for fun things..like playing a game of tennis - swimming - or playing with my dogs. But the winter months are made for long walks in the country and planning my one big treat. Spending one weekend a year with friends at some ski
lodge. Other than that it's work..work..work. But it's not too bad.

If it's work work work why didn't you mention your job at all? I'm so curious.

oops typo

Wake up.
Feed my cats.
Drink strong cup of coffee.
Check emails.
Go walk a dog.
Come back covered with paw prints and doggie spit from kisses.
Make calls.
Watch a film.
Go and walk another dog.
See a friend.
Volunteer at the museum.
Walk a dog.
Eat.
Volunteer at the schools.
Walk another dog.
Eat again at some point.
Read a book.
Wish I were in Paris (that is all day long)
Feed the cats before bed.

Ok so here's me:
wake up. lay in bead planning my morning for 10-15 minutes, get up, decide whether I will skateboard or take the city bus, reevaluate that decision, forget something important, put on pants, choose a guitar, pack up chosen guitar, reevaluate decision regarding bus and skateboard, check clock and finalize decision, use one of said vehicles to get to school, purchase one of the following from the grocery store next door to the school: Red Bull, Monster, Pepsi, Diet Coke, choose a bagel or a doughnut, buy chocolate bar, go to class, forget something important, be rudely reminded of something forgotten yesterday, promise self not to forget any more, forget promise, repeat for the next 2 of that day's block classes, take bus to safeway, buy fried chicken and one of above-mentioned beverages, head to park for a guitar jam session, go home, go on this forum, go on ShitSpace, go on LiveJournal, watch random anime or the newest episode of heroes, pass out still in my jeans, repeat.

80% of my weekdays go exactly like that. Exactly. The exception is wednesdays, when I don't bring a guitar and instead of going to safeway and the jam session after I go ride my horses! But I've got weekdays down to a fricken art. And like all arts that have been perfected, it's pretty **** boring. So... now you know everything there is to know about my life. congratulations. lol.

Stare at wall
Go to work and stare at monitor
Go home and stare at wall.
Attempt sleeping
repeat

The_Persistence_of_Memory.jpg

school day,

wake up push the snooze button serval times and think how much i hate school
get up get dressed get to school, go to office to get a hall pass since i'm always late go to all my classes, after school i either go to the Y and play racketball, or i go home and take a nap after either of the two, i do homework, then if i have time left i either attempt to play the guitar, loiter online here, or play the ps3. Then i shower and go to sleep repeat.

Saturdays i sleep till noon then i go in to work at the bookstore for a few hours, then of course i come home and do either of the above three free time activities mention above. Sundays sleep till about 1 or 2 get up go online eat breakfast watch tv do honeysuckle, do home then either of the 3 if theres time.

Days like today (break yay) pretty much what i do on sundays minus the homework, then i might go to a movie like yesterday or may go to the Y to play racketball

tada

:)

School, work, homework, internet, and sleep. Maybe one or two calls, maybe 4-5 texts from ex-boyfriends that want to hang out. That's it.

I wake up for work every morning from 4:00 AM to 5:30 AM (depends on time of year). Breakfast is usually a hurried affair so I have time to drive to the bosses house (exactly 13 minutes away if the road isn't iced up). Recently we've been working around my area, so I've actually been getting picked up every morning which was nice. But we finished the last of that work today.

I pile in to bosses pickup with the other guys and say goodmorning; everyone else looks about as enthusiastic as me. 99.9% of the time we stop by a gas station for coffee, diesel and saw gas, and whatever we need for the day. We'll stand around waking up for about 15-20 minutes and then it's off to the job.

Sometimes we do hazard tree removals, but our bread and butter is cutting underbrush and thinning trees out around people's property. So I strap on my chaps, my safety glasses, and my earplugs, and put my gloves on...time to get to business. The rest of the day is pretty much clockwork.

Follow brush cutter/chainsaw guy. Bundle up what he cuts till I can't see around my bundle. Throw it in to the (nicely stacked) burn pile, or the chipper if we're chipping. Return to following weedeater guy. Look at the other piler and think mean thoughts because he's slow and useless. Keep bundling brush. OW, ****. It hurts when the metal saw blades on the weedeaters fling honeysuckle at you and it pings you on the nose.

Continue ad infinitum, with occasional pauses for the boss to give the other saw guy crap about doing something wrong. Around 8:00 or 9:30 we'll take a break for a snack and water. On good days in the winter, we have the burn piles burning and we can huddle around that to get warm. If it's summer, hopefully there's a breeze and some shade somewhere.

By 11:30 we've take our lunch. Usually it's about 30 minutes, or an hour if we're having a honeysuckle day. Mmmm, food. I sure am glad I like sandwiches, because if I didn't, this would have gotten old a year ago. I usually do 1 or two meats, mayo/mustard, pepper jack cheese and about half the time some onions/tomatoes. Sometimes I'll do a tuna sandwich for variety, and if we're burning in winter we usually just bring soup and stick it in the fire. I like those days kinda.

Lunch time is occasionally punctuated with festive activities, like boss throwing sticks/rocks at one of us and laughing. I'm glad he is so amused. Ha. Ha.

Now that we're all full and cooled down and pretty much ready for an awesome nap, it's time to get back to work. I mean, unless we actually -take- a nap, which we do every so often; about once a month on average. We don't get paid for it, but it's nice sometimes. It's hard getting back to work after a break because your sweat has time to get cold. And it sucks.

After work we go home, sometimes we stop by town first to mess around a bit. I get home and change clothes (hanging my work clothes to dry if it was a rainy day), then sit down at my computer. If it's Monday, I have English class from 5-8PM, and some other college homework on other days. Every other Tuesday is a fire dept. meeting/training night, and twice a week I go to the gym (also a college class, but I decide what/how I lift).

My leisure consists of this, some other forums, video games...and editing my buddy's writing project which is coming along *really* well. There's a chance he could work this up to at least be able to be self published.

I usually try to cook dinner, but sometimes I'll eat out. After dinner I like to have some wine, and on a rare occasion I'll have a cigar. In fact I just ordered two CAO Criollos online. Hope they get here soon!

That's my day. I shower, stretch my sore muscles, and go to bed. I have about 6-7 hours before it all starts over again.

ATM....it's a bit painful.
For some reason my old wounds are getting re open...
it could be just triggers or if you beliving in spiritaul concepts there's a indirect reason for it.
Who the hell knows i don't understand half of this honeysuckle I'm going through.

It makes sence giving my circumatance. Depending on what I read.
I'm actaully almost right on que...maybe a couple of months behind the general time frame.
I came across an article that pretains to my current life situations. It's giving me better
insite.

However if i cop an attitude. My day truns into honeysuckle real quick.
Yeah...stair at the walls and then go to work and stair at more freaken walls...different mointor though.
I can't consentrate or focus on my work very will...it's actaully fustrating the honeysuckle out of me.
I need to get work done.
It's the sameway in my own personal life matters or issues...It's freaken slow as hell and I can't
think straight half the **** time.
I get fustrated and angery at myself sometimes.
I'm tried of fucken living like this.

it's still sort still cabin fever...there's more humans interactions now.

I'm trying to be more active or go outside to be around people more aside from work.
I try to get up and watch the sunraise or catch the sun set.
I go bike riding every night , now.
I go to my meetings everynight now too.

More interactions with poeple F2F. People are strange.

yeah, a freaken cry from sky diving or wind surfing that's for **** sure.

Get up, lurch around grumbling in my cave of solitude, occasionally wander outside for sustenance. get chased back inside by the villagers wielding pitchforks and torches, shake my fist angrily and swear vengeance on mankind, shamble around grumbling some more, hibernate.

6:00 am - get woken up by "the woman I live with" banging things around while getting ready for work. @ 6:30 hear her make the first attempt to wake her girls up for school. Lay there listening to that for about an hour when she leaves for work.

7:00 - get up and get the girls up for good. Go lay back down while they get themselves ready.

7:45 - get up and drive girls to school. On the way home wonder why I'm still doing this for her.

8:15 - check e-mail. Go lay back down and watch tv shows I recorded the night before.

10:00 am to 2:00 pm - get up for the day. Take shower. Start a load of laundry and the dishwasher. Let the dogs out and do any other random cleaning that needs attention. (cat box, bird cage, more laundry, etc.) Get online and check the forums and e-mail again during this time.

2:00 to 2:45 - Sit and eat something. Get ready for work.

2:45 - leave for work.

3:00 to 11:30 pm - toil at work. Blow up at at least one packer during this time.

11:45 - return home. Eat something and play online again until tired.

1:00 am - go to bed.

Weekends that I don't work are usually spent working on cars.

You can hear someone's complete life story, but at the end of the day, the way you would perceive their life - their pleasures and pains - would be completely different from reality. Whatever you make of it is based on your own experiences, which you can use as a reference point to compare the two lives. Because unless you actually experienced life in their shoes, you cannot see life the way they live it.

So what if i string together a couple of sentences of what my day was about, it won't help. It can even lead to others judging you; some thinking you're better off then them, others feeling sorry for you. So I stay neutral.

I don't know, at least this is the way i see things. Am I wrong about all this?

Hey...sweet, an old thread and an old post.

What is it like to be me today ?

I'm not in pain anymore.
I can focus today. I can consentrate , read and do a lot of task better.
I don't trip out anymore. I think clearer.
There's still walls around me...but i don't stair at them anymore :p
I'm not emotonally drained or get to tugged by my emotions. I still prefer to feel my feelings.
I don't have cabin fever anymore. I can inneract with people face to face without tripp'in, now.
I'm more active...still a bit lazy..but I'm working through that.
I worked through a lot of my personal issues.

The paste is still slow..but I think that's okay.
3 months ago, the paste picked up a bit. It messed me up.
I became disorginized. Not dysfucntional but disorginized.

Wow..that's cool..I can see my progress. 6 months is not very that long.
I'm glad I feel much better becuase when I wrote my post 6 months ago
I was in a lot of freaken pain, couldn't focus, and was struggling a bit.
I'm not struggling anymore.:)

I still havn't gone sky diving, wind surfing or water surfing yet.
I'll get there someday...

I have a very very boring life and some would say I have a very good life. Also,I do have the tendency to stick to a schedule.
I wake up every morning around 6 am and my husband tells me goodbye for the day.
I start my pot of coffee...this is mandatory! Wait...Wait Wait for the coffee.
I then watch the morning news and bullshit over my pot of coffee, I also get online and check the forum, email etc. Oh and I watch reruns of Little House on the Prairie....lol for one hour in the morning.

After a few hours I may or may not, depending on the condition of the house, start some housework. I also get something for dinner out. I then do a variation of laundry, dishes, cooking, surfing , emailing, tv, etc.
If I have to leave the house then I spend hours in anxiety over having to leave. It will mess up an entire day having to leave the house. This is avoided at all costs, if possible.
Now that summer is here I have to add clean the swimming pool for atleast 2 hours a day and also work in the garden for a bit....we are trying this year to depend more on what we can grow. The prices of fresh fruits and vegetables is so high!
I will spend most of the hot days now, out by the pool and soaking up the sun.
I guess I have a pretty good life even though I am a recluse/hermit.

Today I woke up at around 11 and laid there for another 30 minutes thinking (best time of the day). Get out of bed, put clothes on, brush teeth + listerine, take Doc(my dog) out, let him walk around for a period of time that depends on how much I feel like being outside. Check up on what the clever black bird is up to in front of my window for a bit, check up on other birds in back yard. Then, I either turn my computer on and check facebook, digg, read daily web comics and everywhere else that I check daily sometimes or go straight to playing video games. If I did turn my computer on then I'll watch anime while eating a sandwich or something else. Probably watch more anime, or play fallout 3 or tactics ogre or phoenix wright (I have many games to play currently). At 7 or so I play with my nieces, jumping on the trampoline or swing with them and secretly get them to both like /not be afraid of insects. Eat some kind of dinner, watch some tv depending on whats on. Take shower at around midnight and read in bed till 2 before going to sleep. I like lazy summers, best times of life sometimes.

I woke up today..still in daze.
I have my cup of coffee to help me wkae up.
I had a piont of clearity, become awaken and saw the light.
Some fucken bird dropped honeysuckle all over my truck....FFS.

Yeap..somethings don't ever change.
My life had been an endless endurance of cleaning bird honeysuckle off of my automobiles.

Lmao...Ledchick.
I think that's what messed me mentally as a child.
Every freaken Tuesday night it was a hour of endurance to watch Laura Engels.
I thought it was curl and unusual punishment...
Oneday I felt really retarded becuase I had a crush on her...

Lonesome Crow said:
Lmao...Ledchick.
I think that's what messed me mentally as a child.
Every freaken Tuesday night it was a hour of endurance to watch Laura Engels.
I thought it was curl and unusual punishment...
Oneday I felt really retarded becuase I had a crush on her...

LOL Lonesome....it must have been those braids...I love braids...

Attachments

• ponys.jpg
    ponys.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back