What is it with all these newbies?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mausolos

Reaction score
It's just like every time I look at the bottom of the main page of the forum, there's just a new newbie registered...

I would recommend the moderators to check if each of them are legit or just the same person registering several times.

Thanks, but the moderators have everything under control. :p We know all and see all? lol

Lol those are some mighty big words from a newb like yourself, Mausolos. :p Are you implying that this should be a private club for the select few? lol :p

We average three or four new members a day. Certain times (particularly around holidays) will provoke an influx of new members. Note that not all these members will become regular posters however.

Mausolos said:
It's just like every time I look at the bottom of the main page of the forum, there's just a new newbie registered...

And you are....?

Mausolos said:

One, two, newbies coming for youuu!
Three, four, better lock the door!

I apologise, everyone.

It's because I recently decided to cut off with another Forum I used to frequent, and there are two or three persons there whom I'm paranoid that they would stalk me till here...

Shells-

Yes, that's the sensation I was feeling. But Steel has explained that it's just about normal to have 3 or 4 newbies every day this time of the year, so I'm calm now :p

lmfao, shells!!

lol, thanks for the warning though, Mausolos - it's good of you to try and help. :)

I was a newbie about a week ago, but unlike most other newbies that register I actually joined in and posted and contributed to the forum.

I wish every person who joined the forum made a post and introduced themselves because it would add more to the little community we've got going on here, and the threads would be far more active.

Sadly however - on every forum there are always people who sign up and never make a post or interact with the forum in anyway.

Nostalgia said:
I was a newbie about a week ago, but unlike most other newbies that register I actually joined in and posted and contributed to the forum.

I wish every person who joined the forum made a post and introduced themselves because it would add more to the little community we've got going on here, and the threads would be far more active.

Sadly however - on every forum there are always people who sign up and never make a post or interact with the forum in anyway.

A lot of people who come through here have problems relating to others, perhaps from a social phobia/dysfunction or self esteem issues. So naturally you get many quiet types and lurkers. I'm just happy that they're getting something out of this wonderful little place by reading other people's thoughts and experiences. And I wouldn't want to force anyone who comes here to do anything they didn't want to. When they're ready, they'll speak up. We shouldn't be too hard on them. Lurkers need love too :p

But... To those who may be teetering on the brink of registering/posting, why not do it now? C'mon, don't be shy :D

*shrugs* I don't care how many people lurk, register or post - as long as they don't cause any trouble. :p

View attachment 5ya it's all cool, I've always thought it's interesting that we get a relativly steady influx of new members, and always after the winter holidays like after new years and such there is a big increase of members I've noticed which makes sense.

we all started out as newbies

It's because I recently decided to cut off with another Forum I used to frequent, and there are two or three persons there whom I'm paranoid that they would stalk me till here...

hmm well did the other people know about this site was it a lonlieness related site? unless you said hey I'm going over here I think you should be fine if you're really worried about it I would suggest you just use a differnt screename

ihatedrcox25.gif

Attachments

• 633791106800664340-newbie.jpg
    633791106800664340-newbie.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back